It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats seek relief from health law penalties

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What is democratic law? I thought the laws were for ,you know...everyone.

H&R Block can get you out of the insurance penalty. I guess they're republican tax accountants.

a reply to: [post=19012742]xuenchen[/p

Do you know the difference between a Democracy and a Republic? Do you know which one the US actually is? The rule of law is the key here. And truth be told Obama care is unconstitutional because they can not force you to buy something. This is why they are all calling it a tax now.

Remember when Obama kept saying this is not.......TAX. Anyone who bought into this hype is a fool and should question everything they do.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Mit Romney had a plan for healthcare too. So basically it was just this one that republicans didn't agree to.
No one needs to rewrite history the facts are out there for anyone who cares to research it. a reply to: Granite

edit on 2162015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Was that an attempt at rebuttal to my post? How does that answer the question that I asked someone else, not you? And actually I should have asked what is democrat law as that is what he said. Have a nice night.
edit on 2162015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I feel their pain. We all said this was going to happen. Though it was their camp that pushed this on us all I dont want to gloat.

What I want is for our new allies in missery to work with us as one. Do not pay anything. Dont sign up. when this failure comes crashing down as it moat certainly will....someone will owe the american people ALLOT of mmoney in illegal fines.

If we are smart we will bill the insurance industry as a whole out of spite for pushing a bailout in times of national need.

Obama will be known as a forgetable average man and an incredibly bad president.

stand as one people under one spirit instead of two camps under one leader or not.

we are bigger than Obam and this crap law he pushed.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Was that an attempt at rebuttal to my post? How does that answer the question that I asked someone else, not you? And actually I should have asked what is democrat law as that is what he said. Have a nice night.

Maybe the issue is not in my context but your own. Your statement was what I responded to. And just like your post above you often come off as confusing and all over the place. And I am having a good night thank you...I hope the same for you.
edit on 16-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Actually I think it was a well played scam by the men behind the curtain. It may of not started that way but that is how I see it. And yes I agree with you that your system is corrupted and broken in more ways than one and there is no difference which bobblehead is in the big chair. They are all puppets (congress)on a string with no real power or the ability to change the status quo and I don't know if it can ever be changed now. The system is too corrupted and the power mongers are too well entrenched to be ousted.

Sadly the US isn't the only country where democracy has been hijacked by big money and corporate greed. Maybe a revolution is needed but the people are to apathetic and afraid of losing what security and comforts they have to ever rise up and reset the system.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Very well put! It was falling for the usual divide and conquer that got us Obamacare. Instead of taking the "I told you so" route maybe we can try the "We're in the same boat" path to try to reclaim some freedom. "Right to choose" is a slogan we can all get behind.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just remember folks
If you like your plan, you can keep your plan......right?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I'd agree with you, but my income is so low, everything I get back is credits (being married, kids, earned income, etc.) The only thing I really pay into is social security.... Little state, but no federal.

I know there aren't a whole lot of people in the same boat I'm in though. I'm just glad I'm not going to be feeling the brunt of this healthcare scam coming up.

With any luck, the number of people getting fined, along with the amount of the fines will be enough to get this nightmare thrown out..... But...... I suppose that's just wishful thinking

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: xuenchen
So it looks like a Democrat law is victimizing too many Democrats?

Actually, it looks like people who didn't sign up when they had the chance is the problem... Although I'd support an extension? I can just see you go through the roof if a sign up deadline was extended. Or would YOU support an extension to the sign up deadline?

Actually, we're laughing at the very same people who passed the law they're now complaining about. Didn't they read it? Why is it not fair? I thought that was why they passed it ... you know so that EVERYTHING would be FAIR for EVERYONE, including the precious snowflakes in their own districts who are now complaining it's not fair.

These are the people who voted for the people who sold them a false bill of goods when we all tried to warn them, but WE were the liars.

Well now we're laughing at them getting what's coming to them good and hard.

I have no sympathy and want to see them get no relief at any level. They deserve it all.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
a reply to: burdman30ott6

While I don't disagree, there are a lot of people out there with double digit IQ who won't realize the penalty is > $99.00 until they file their taxes. By then it is too late to sign the family up as the open enrollment has ended.

Well, it's time they learn the hard way. They wanted this. Now they get it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Meh, I'm fine either way. How it's looking so far, I'm going to have too little annual income to actually face any fines next year.

Even if I did, my annual return is high enough to where they'd simply end up taking the fines out of my return.... (Basically, they end up fining and paying themselves)

Wait...your return???

something to consider: your income tax return is your money. YOUR money. You give it to the government in small increments each month, and it amounts to an interest free loan. They do not return your overpaid taxes with any sort of interest payment or anything.

You are really fine with them taking some of that interest free loan principle, and adjusting it off with a newly made up penalty?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

THAT way we can be forced in a single payer system which is it's final objective ,WELL ,that and killing the sick and old off.
edit on 16-2-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Small correction. A tax return is what you file. A tax refund is what you receive if you have deposited (via payroll deductions or estimated tax payments) more than your tax liability for the year. I've managed to fine tune my refund (state & fed) to less than $100. Last year it netted $0 between the two. Not much of a loan to the gummint.

More on topic; the ACA is a monster and it will take a while for the dust from its stomping to settle.

edit on 2/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The only part of ACA I am against is the mandatory health insurance coverage. That is not in line with our values of liberty and freedom. That is more like a racket. And the coverage most people are being forced to buy is more expensive and covers less. Bullcrap. I am for Insurers being disallowed from denying coverage or pre-existing conditions. However, if a full repeal is the only way to get my choice back (I found a loophole anyways I dont have any insurance but they think I do mwahahaha)
then bring on the full repeal. The old way seemed decent enough anyways. We needed national healthcare, not mandatory insurance. Those two terms are a world apart.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Those two terms are a world apart.

So are, I think, "free choice" and selective coverage on the part of the insurers. Force coverage and rates would make it unaffordable for a lot more. Unless you want government to control the rate structure, that is.
edit on 2/16/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: xuenchen
So it looks like a Democrat law is victimizing too many Democrats?

More likely victimizing too many seated lawmakers' futures at the polls.

If there is as much pain to be had as we're being lead to believe, then the GOP would be wise to sit very quietly and allow that pain to come to pass on America (as they actually do have the catbird seat here and cannot be blamed for any of this for a change). Then, in 2016, the GOP candidate needs to run on an absolute platform of ACA repeal alongside a unified Contingent of Congressional and Senate candidates. No more of this "I will try to fix the ACA" nonsense, it needs to be a 100% promise of "We will repeal the act and restore America's freedom of choice and power over their own finances."

That isn't a good enough platform to win. What good is repealing a policy if you have nothing to replace it with? The old system that we would revert to didn't work, and that whole system is what created the support for Obamacare in the first place. Democrats will raise this point, and Republicans will have nothing to fall back on considering they have no ideas, the ACA itself is essentially the Heritage plan the Republicans officially endorsed until 2008. They have proposed nothing else.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
And the GOP never passed it because it was a stupid idea.

See how that works?

I think everyone should have to buy new car..." Hey you know most people can't afford to do that right? ".

" oh... I guess that sounds good isn't a good idea"

It is called rational thought, the dems should try it out.

They tried. It was McCains plan when he ran for office in 2008. It wasn't until after Obama was elected and he went about passing legislation that he moved away from his original health care plan (there was originally no mandate, and employers would cover costs, among other differences) and moved to the ACA. Coincidentally, it was around this time that the Republicans basically checked out of the process and followed the strategy of making the Democrats own this 100%.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So their plan is... the ACA without an individual mandate. That's even more unworkable than the current solution (and is very close in principal to Obama's original proposal to have no mandate, the mandate was added to gain Democrat support). Politics are a funny thing.

Your article closes with Boehner saying there's a plan, it's just super secret right now and that we can all see it in the future.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join