It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats seek relief from health law penalties

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The ACA turned intao an abortion from the get go. Instead of looking at other countries systems and working from that they turned it into a money grab for the Gov. as well as the insurance corps. Complete and utter farce and hijacked as soon as the Conservatives started getting their way. But money talks and Joe Citizen takes it up the wazoo.

I guarantee this policy is going to collapse sooner rather than later and the Insurance Companies will rape every Tom, Dick and Harry for everything they have when it does.
edit on 2/16/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Aca....$600 a month in premiums check....$7,000 before the $600 dollar a month insurance pays a single penny..check.

Wtf part of this is even remotely affordable?

Obviously everyone has $12,000 a year just laying around for healthcare.

It isn't like this would make most Americans starve to death or something.

But at least they would have health insurance, they can't even afford to use right.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: boohoo

Have a source for "GOP wanted ACA too"

Quite an attempt at re-writing history.

I didn't say "vote", I said "wanted", for a reason. You don't think they traded a few horses to get the bill written and put before the House and Senate? If you don't think so, you are a fool. The Heritage Foundation wrote the ACA.
edit on 16-2-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boohoo

I didn't say "vote", I said "wanted", for a reason. You don't think they traded a few horses to get the bill written and put before the House and Senate? If you don't think so, you are a fool. The Heritage Foundation wrote the ACA.

Looks like every Democrat got sucked in bigtime doesn't it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Meh, I'm fine either way. How it's looking so far, I'm going to have too little annual income to actually face any fines next year.

Even if I did, my annual return is high enough to where they'd simply end up taking the fines out of my return.... (Basically, they end up fining and paying themselves)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
The ACA turned intao an abortion from the get go. Instead of looking at other countries systems and working from that they turned it into a money grab for the Gov. as well as the insurance corps. Complete and utter farce and hijacked as soon as the Conservatives started getting their way. But money talks and Joe Citizen takes it up the wazoo.

I guarantee this policy is going to collapse sooner rather than later and the Insurance Companies will rape every Tom, Dick and Harry for everything they have when it does.

Do you think that was an accident? Do you think the Republicans made out on the deal and Democrats didn't?

This is why I despise both D's and R's and their faithful followers!

They love us only when they need our votes! Then they work hard repaying the loans they owe to the Corporations and Think TAnks who bought their seat in government!

Don't believe me? Call you state Democratic or Republican office and tell them you want to run for Congress and you were curious as to how much it would cost you to just ENTER the race!

It isn't about serving the people anymore, it's about repaying the Corporations and Think Tanks that funded your campaign!
edit on 16-2-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

And the GOP never passed it because it was a stupid idea.

See how that works?

I think everyone should have to buy new car..." Hey you know most people can't afford to do that right? ".

" oh... I guess that sounds good isn't a good idea"

It is called rational thought, the dems should try it out.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: xuenchen
So it looks like a Democrat law is victimizing too many Democrats?

More likely victimizing too many seated lawmakers' futures at the polls.

If there is as much pain to be had as we're being lead to believe, then the GOP would be wise to sit very quietly and allow that pain to come to pass on America (as they actually do have the catbird seat here and cannot be blamed for any of this for a change). Then, in 2016, the GOP candidate needs to run on an absolute platform of ACA repeal alongside a unified Contingent of Congressional and Senate candidates. No more of this "I will try to fix the ACA" nonsense, it needs to be a 100% promise of "We will repeal the act and restore America's freedom of choice and power over their own finances."

Absolutely, strike it from the record. Same goes for the patriot act, etc.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Actually, it looks like people who didn't sign up when they had the chance is the problem... Although I'd support an extension? I can just see you go through the roof if a sign up deadline was extended. Or would YOU support an extension to the sign up deadline?

After YEARS of this being in the news, there is NO EXCUSE for an extension.
What, people thought this would be FREE???

Its time those that are totally Obama-brain dead learn the consequences of elections for a change.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Undocumented immigrants granted amnesty and Social Security numbers under President Obama’s executive actions will be eligible for tax benefits on the years in which they were working U.S. illegally,

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen confirms.
Amnestied Illegals Can Claim Tax Benefits for Illegal Work

-
OBSERVATION:

Perhaps the "Undocumented immigrants" are having 2nd-Thoughts after seeing (or feeling?) the otherside of the coin.

( or seeing the ACA/Obamacare "health law penaties" )

Was George Carlin ... Prophetic?

-
OPINION: Kind-of-Funny ... ( and Kind-of-Not ).

edit on 16-2-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Actually, it looks like people who didn't sign up when they had the chance is the problem... Although I'd support an extension? I can just see you go through the roof if a sign up deadline was extended. Or would YOU support an extension to the sign up deadline?

Why would *I* be for or against a sign up extension?

What difference does it make to you?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder
I think everyone should have to buy new car..." Hey you know most people can't afford to do that right? ".

You still don't get it, that's where BOTH parties are taking the country. Emigrating and relinquishing passports is going to be the only choice left for those who don't want to "contribute".

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You still don't get it, that's where BOTH parties are taking the country. Emigrating and relinquishing passports is going to be the only choice left for those who don't want to "contribute".

It's already a FACT, it is easier for a non citizen to get into this country than for a citizen to get OUT!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What is democratic law? I thought the laws were for ,you know...everyone.

H&R Block can get you out of the insurance penalty. I guess they're republican tax accountants.

a reply to: [post=19012742]xuenchen[/p

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You're kidding right? You can pretty much drive right out at the Canadian or Mexican border. Stop show your liscense state your destination and business in those countries.
That's not so hard. Is it?

reply to: seeker1963

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Why do you think I am against both parties.

There is no 2 party solution, to a single problem on earth.

The 2 party system is an illusion of control for the people.

My comment was about the once again stated, like usual, the repubs wrote this first, it is their bill blah blah blah.....

It was determined to be a terrible idea, the repubs let it die.

The dems picked it up and ran with it.

Simply pointing out retarded be where I see it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I hate to see my fellow Americans suffer at the hands of misguided policy.

But the irony is not lost on me.

Elections have consequences. They voted for this; let them smell the roses and suffer the consequences.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
You're kidding right? You can pretty much drive right out at the Canadian or Mexican border. Stop show your liscense state your destination and business in those countries.
That's not so hard. Is it?

reply to: seeker1963

OK owe taxes and fly to england...or Spain...or Australia.

Besides who in their right mind wants to go to frozen Canada, or crappy Mexico?

Been to Canada, I won't go back.

Never been to mexico, but considering half their population wants to come.....I assume it is the #hole I have heard it is.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Insurance is nothing more than a legalized mafia racket.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Meh, I'm fine either way. How it's looking so far, I'm going to have too little annual income to actually face any fines next year.

Even if I did, my annual return is high enough to where they'd simply end up taking the fines out of my return.... (Basically, they end up fining and paying themselves)

Your thinking is backwards and upside down. First off the tax system in the US is messed up and unconstitutional. Secondly the tax the government withholds is your money so no they are not paying themselves you are paying them. This entire system is a lie and flat out unconstitutional.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join