It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt are now bombing Isis positions after beheadings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
article

Egypt has launched air strikes against Isis targets in Libya after the militant group posted a gruesome video online purporting to show the beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christian hostages.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi vowed to avenge the beheading on Sunday night, saying the country reserved the right to respond in a way it sees fit.

So now Egypt have turned against them. For a group who have eyes on becoming a dominant force they are going the right way about causing a huge coalition to rub them out. Not sure what the game plan is. They seem to enjoy making a rod for their own backs.

The air attacks were carried out with full backing from the Libyan government.
edit on 3921642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hope this is for real, and if it is, it's about damn time.

May ISIS's true purpose be to unite the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Hope this is for real, and if it is, it's about damn time.

May ISIS's true purpose be to unite the Middle East.
as much as I'd like to see that happen, it will take more than Isis and the beheading of civilians to make it come about.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Good, tell the Middle East they need to start stepping up to the plate and taking action against these extremist. Every time we stick our corrupt noses in their business we make the situation worse. let them realize that the west is no longer to blame for the actions of their countrymen that they are in fact the ones to blame.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What the hell are these idiots trying to do?
They behead some americans, get bombed to hell and back and decide it wasn't enough
so they behead some jordanians and get bombed to hell and back again
STILL they decide it is not enough? they are now trying to get egypt to bomb them.
What the hell are they playing at? Why do they stand to benefit from every country in the world wanting them dead?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

They are martyrs. They are not trying to survive they want a war.

I don't understand it but thats what they want obviously.

Weather or not this is an intelligence operation gone wrong i cannot decide. I will tell you one thing though, this has been a tactic of our intelligence agencys for years now and i promise you 100% that is no lie.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Using Muslim extremists has been a common tactic and I would put money on there being western hands involved in the sculpting of ISIS amongst others. I think Isis are a bit like a run away train. What was once a tool is now a nuisance. They are singly handedly turning people against islam and that could be one of the desired effects of having them around. They are destabilising the Middle East which is also a desired effect. What we are seeing now however seems too messy to be a careful plan. It has turned erratic and wreckless. What we don't know for sure is just how strong ISIS really are. How many heads can be counted among their ranks. How much of the local population support them. They have the confidence and the attitude that to me, coupled with these barbaric and and provocative attacks, suggests they are trying to draw western nations in to a ground war. It's what they want. You can't defeat your enemy from the air alone. You can disperse and disrupt but you can't eradicate him. I think these are the actions of an enemy who is waiting and biding his time.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Its an intelligence failure. They were used for something else earlier and it went totally awry. Now this is the mess we are left with.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Its an intelligence failure. They were used for something else earlier and it went totally awry. Now this is the mess we are left with.

Oh it's a mess alright. But we aren't left with it. We aren't getting shot in the back of the head or getting beheaded. It's the innocent civilians who are left with the mess.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is all very confusing , it seems like they are deliberately trying to turn the whole of the middle east against them
as well as the west , there does not seem to be any logic in their actions.

they can not be idiots or they would never got so big and so wealthy in such a small amount of time .
so what the hell is going on here ?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I have the strange feeling that we are only seeing what is meant for us to see. A script is at work here, and whoever holds the puppet strings is spoon-feeding every Act in the play. I fear that things are getting ready to erupt somewhere in a major way. These have been minor earthquakes that precede the big one. And their frequency is getting closer together. Reality truly is stranger than fiction.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

just to add to my post , i had an idea ,
maybe isis is made up of separate factions ( if that's the right word ) and each faction is trying to out do each other
and there really is no central control .

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
These, ISIS, are religious fanatics. Fanatics, unless you are one, don't lend themselves to understanding.

They do what they do, because God, in whatever incarnation, told 'em to. That, to a more moderate person, doesn't lend itself to understanding of mind sets...

What is understandable, is their actions. Horrific is the word that immediately comes to mind. They don't care that they're turning the ME against them, because if they win, and with Allah on their side, how can they not; there won't be an Egypt, or a Jordan, or Syria anymore. Only a Caliphate, or whatever it's going to be called.

They flat don't care.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Bombs kill people.
Bombs destroy buildings.

What kind of bombs blow up ideologies?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Not that I'm actually buying into this idea, but hear me out:

ISIL says they want to create an Islamic Caliphate, maybe, juuuuuuust maybe ISIL isn't supposed to actually BE the Caliphate, just be the spark that ignites it. Their attacks on one middle-east country after another seems to have brought together several countries under the goal of taking out ISIL. Maybe their true goal is to create a common enemy for the entirety of the mid-east, forcing them all to work together and join forces and eventually become a singular Caliphate. Make an enemy out of everyone else and everyone else becomes friends because of it.

There's plenty of potential holes in this idea but I thought it was interesting to entertain. If true I wouldn't expect the average ISIL fighter to be in on the plan.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Bombs kill people.
Bombs destroy buildings.

What kind of bombs blow up ideologies?

Cant man, its a diseased mind.

The idea itself is the disease, it starts slow building up and totally takes over. Think about. A not critically aware person would never even be able to catch it without a direct intervention.

The TNC's of ATS prevent me from talking about the very real solution so I'll stop there.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

We have a certain level of responsibility to this now. However we need to stay out of the region.

I think it would help the entire world if we just admit that these idiots were our fault and then we can actually do something about it. But its like anything else in life if you can't admit what the problem was in the first place then we can't fix it.

Deny, deny, deny.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If and when the Sunni armies unite, there's the Caliphate.

Damascus and Baghdad will fall.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

My respect for the Egyptians just went up another notch. First the biggest protests in history and now this.

The only caveat I can see is the 'possibility' they are using this execution as a way to gain more western support. They hadn't made any moves against Isis before this so one could question what their motives are.

Still, supporting a Coptic Christian minority is impressive no matter what the motivation is.

Based on those earlier demonstrations by their citizens, I 'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

top topics

join