It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would we be lucky if aliens owned the Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Have you ever thought that we could be an uncontacted tribe in the middle of a galactic country or federation, shielded against outside intelligent communications by the rulers of this territory? Are we an uncontacted tribe looking for smoke signals while an ultra-advanced galactic internet that we are unable to tune into, is all around us?

When it comes to FTL-capable civilizations there could be two types: The peaceful, post-scarcity ones and the rouge, warring civilizations who discovered FTL travel during a state of global conflict and took their violent ways into space.

We would be very unlucky if the second type got to us first but someone would've already stopped them where we, indeed, in the middle of an alien race's peaceful sovereign galactic territory. Given astronomers estimate the existence of 40 billion Earth-like planets in our galaxy, this could very well be the reason for the silence we perceive: Many could be wanting to contact us but some are preventing this from happening, as they have claimed their right over the future of Earth. The post here takes a nice look into how would a extraterrestrial civilization rightfully claim 'ownership' of our planet and the reasons for which they wouldn't want others to contact us:

Why would we be lucky if aliens owned the Earth?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: taucetian

I know eh, they would be more blood and money thirsty then the politicians, that the politicians would want to protest about lowering rent, space taxes, and freedom of speech.

Hell if were lucky enough, maybe the alien police are just as trigger happy as the human cops and get shot, when the politicians speak of love, peace, and equal rights when they're dead broke too realizing they are just as low as # as the common man whom they once stepped on and would want to be united.

Realizing the common man would probably sacrifice them not to offend the volcano.
One can dream of such a thing.
edit on 16-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's very unlikely we are an uncontacted species roaming around in space.

I'm sure it seems ideal at first but honestly it's not.

Earth has been attacked several times already so if it wasn't for E.T protecting us from other E.T we wouldn't be here right now debating this.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yep -its occurred to me that there maybe entities out there in the great black bugger all with better title to the earth. I suppose it says something that we are not worth enslaving or being fekked about from piller to post.

maybe they have died intestate and we are just running riot until the new owners turn up

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
And its not even hypotheical, Our creation myths the world over say humans were created.

If we met our creators that would only be verifying thousands and thousands of years of deity personification and spiritual worship.

Just stop and think for a minute.

Do you honestly think that humans are on this planet doing dumbass experienments and exploration " Just cuz" and we poped up on this planet via evolution?. What's with the stories about creation that as old as our oldest recorded known history? Seeing how those are our recorded history.

The entire planet says we were created by Gods.

So i guess you can interprit that however you want. But it is what it is.
God is not a universal concept, it was installed into us and so has a purpose for existing. Maybe one day all of humanity will colectively reconize that.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

well if they are out there observing us and they are more intelligent than us and that is highly likely .
they could just be waiting for the war loving element of our society to wipe out all life on our planet

then they could just move in and clean up the mess, and repopulate with more worthy beings .

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

I think they will require a hefty bill of payment or soul tax for parasite removal. it will cost a planet or two.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I'm sorry if I wansn't clear but I meant that an E.T. race could probably be shielding the Earth against other civilizations wanting to contact us for good or malicious reasons. That's what the article says.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

Na more likely our antics are being beamed on interzone television between the adverts for multi personality bitpart holidays, tail replacement therapy and flyby flashing of humans with #ty cameras -(Seriously how do they do that?)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Personally i believe that we are a working colony put here to dig this planet for rich minerals, then something happened and we got left behind to become extinct, but we flureshed, that is what makes us good workers, we can adapt well in different situations.

but if that were true, somewhere out there is the owner and one day they might come back,

if this planet did belong to another civilization, if/when they come back i bet they will be Pi##ed. a bit like coming back from holiday and finding rats have moved in, destroyed most of the furniture and built a rat city in your front room.

i hope we never meet them personally, i don't think it will end well for us
edit on 16/2/15 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
For all we know, they're galactic engines fuel up on humility from their stupidity from the lessons of committing sins when their souls are sucked up by the engines, and they get torn and tossed on the inside, like it was hell.

Becoming purified from the engines of hell, so they can rise into heaven. However, sins a dying resource these days as the earth comes closer to...whatever day dream the dreamt of.

I mean, getting sin into the that tank costs as much 200 souls a litre. it used to be one soul for a litre...

And don't even get me started on insurance.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

i hope we never meet them personally, i don't think it will end well for us

Us?? you mean You -what you done btw

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
. a bit like coming back from holiday and finding rats have moved in, destroyed most of the furniture and built a rat city in your front room.

You make a good point, but the above had me pissing my pants lol

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

I de-tuned there galactic radio, now it only gets re-runs of the Benny Hill theme tune.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
a reply to: Borisbanger

I de-tuned there galactic radio, now it only gets re-runs of the Benny Hill theme tune.

That should have been the uk national anthem- nice one

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Lets look at this differently.

1. If they could get here, they probably are here.
2. If they are here, then they want nothing of us, from us, or to eat us, or enslave us...because they would have before now.
3. And if they don't want to enslave us, eat us, breed with us, and ARE here already...then its a whole different observation.

Im sure they are here, have been here, will stay here, and want nothing of us...until we destroy ourselves out of hate, anger and greed...then maybe pick up the pieces.

Logic tells me if super intelligent races are out there...then they've been here. And if they've been here...and done nothing outward to help or hurt us...then that's the answer in a nutshell.

Are here, always been here...have done nothing outwardly to help or hurt us or make themselves known other then the evidence from 1,000's of years that we plain ignore....well then...there is the answer as well.

We ignore them and the evidence...wait for some sort of "disclosure" for some singular government that wont be accepted by every nation, religion and political system...and watch those skies in anticipation while forgetting to look around the corner and over our shoulders because they are ALREADY here.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Additionally...I think it will eventually be found that across the cosmos...no one owns anything. We share all in a giant federation of planets, stars, universes and galaxies.

Owned by everyone and no-"one" group.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
They already do, so look around and what do you think?

new topics

top topics

join