It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House REFUSES To Call 21 Beheading Victims CHRISTIANS In Statement Against ISIS Attack

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Anyway, now that you have seen the whole speech and admitted wrong, can this thread be binned as nonsense now?
edit on 18/2/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Anyway, now that you have seen the whole speech and admitted wrong, can this thread be binned as nonsense now?

no because i'm not the op.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

a reply to: ~Lucidity

very nice. i never saw the rest of it!

Of course you didn't.

well at least i admit it! i doubt any of you would admit you were wrong about anything.

Any of who?

This is not about being right or being wrong. It's about keeping things in perspective and applying some knowledge and logic to things, no matter how threatened or otherwise emotional one might feel about things.

You admitted what? You would have admitted nothing and would have let your out-of-context sound bite stand uncontested to prop up your point when all it would have taken you would have been two seconds to see it in context.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

holy #, kick'em when theyre down must be your motto. stop while you're ahead.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

One finds, that the xenophobic mindset, displayed by ISIS/ISIL as a group, and others individually, combines a strange sort of victimhood with a even odder sort of delusion about the scope of their abilities. For example, the threat to invade Italy from Libya. NATO would utterly and completely destroy any such "attack" before 2 steps were taken on Italian soil.

Yet, these xenophobes continue to deny reality and make impossible threats to achieve a level of control they will never, ever possess.

Sad really.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

xenophobia, however, is displayed by people of pretty much any world view. for example, we're still teaching kids in our public schools that christianity is bad because of the crusades. let's ignore that it wasn't a religion at that point, but a political institution, headed by a tyrant with absolute power akin to stalin or hitler, who punished people who disagreed with it, by publically humiliating them, death, torture and banishment.

today, christians who weren't there, didn't take part in the crusades, don't even have the same belief system, and have been raised in an entirely different system of governance, are still called to task for # done by a political institution, hundreds of years ago. that's the kinda stuff that makes you wonder if rome actually lost the war of enlightenment or just changed their strategy.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And calling them Christian somehow makes it more horrific or something? Twenty one people were beheaded, so what if they were Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim. A title doesn't change the fact that they were murdered, or how horrific it was.

The problem is that Obama claimed he is a Christian himself.
It is hard to believe that a Christian would omit this fact.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: Zaphod58

And calling them Christian somehow makes it more horrific or something? Twenty one people were beheaded, so what if they were Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim. A title doesn't change the fact that they were murdered, or how horrific it was.

The problem is that Obama claimed he is a Christian himself.
It is hard to believe that a Christian would omit this fact.

Perhaps he has a few additional concerns on his mind rather than his personal religious convictions, or perhaps "being Christian" is not the sum total of his personal identity, as it seems to be for so many.

Perhaps he is the focal point of the worlds response to these ISIS numbskulls, and maybe, just maybe, he made the choice NOT to give them what they wanted and to NOT turn this into some kind of stupid holy war.

Perhaps. Maybe.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Perhaps he has a few additional concerns on his mind rather than his personal religious convictions, or perhaps "being Christian" is not the sum total of his personal identity, as it seems to be for so many.

Perhaps he is the focal point of the worlds response to these ISIS numbskulls, and maybe, just maybe, he made the choice NOT to give them what they wanted and to NOT turn this into some kind of stupid holy war.

Perhaps. Maybe.

May be.
And perhaps he lied when he self proclaimed to be a Christian.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kitzik

i had a dream about him, which i found so interesting, i created a thread about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

holy #, kick'em when theyre down must be your motto. stop while you're ahead.

No. No motto. I just don't appreciate things taken out of context or passive-aggressive BS.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Extremely sad.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

How would you know that?

Can you read minds?

Is there some verse in the Bible that I missed that says that individuals can decide whether someone else is Christian enough?

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How would you know that?

Can you read minds?

Is there some verse in the Bible that I missed that says that individuals can decide whether someone else is Christian enough?

Being a Christian gives you access to Detect Evil, and he must also have rolled a natural 20 on his Sense Motive check.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

does the sun rise and set on president obama? cause you're sure rough housing people over it. at least gryphon66 had enough sense to graciously accept my recant yesterday. you, however, like to gloat and demean those who admit they are wrong. that's usually a method used to break a person's will.

edit on 18-2-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

i agree that was the wrong thing to say. there's no way of knowing what obama's christianity is or isn't.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I for one would rather they not be labeled by their religion.

We -should- be emphasising the fact that 21 PEOPLE were beheaded. Making it religious doesn't do anyone any good, history shows us that lesson over and over.

Make the world understand that PEOPLE are dying.

Otherwise what? Should I not care because I'm agnostic? Should we only care because they ARE Coptic Christian? Should other sects of Christianity not care because they were a different group of Christians?

"Oh, I heard about the killings, turns out it was just Christians though so no biggie, doesn't affect me." "They were killed by Muslim extremists? What's that? So religious people are killing other religious people? Doesn't sound like my problem."

And yes, of course we have to include more "It's Obama's fault because somehow everything is!"

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

A brief, off-topic personal note, hopefully directed at forum unity:

Undo, not everyone who disagrees with you or points out the fallacies in your claims, arguments and posts is abusive.

Seriously. You cannot control what other folks say to you. Remember your comments about autonomy?

No one has crossed any lines here (except this post which may not survive because it is, admittedly, off-topic).

Would you stop trying to make everything PERSONAL? Lucidity and I are two people in two days that you've either directly or indirectly accused of "being abusive" to you when NEITHER of us have.

We do not know each other as people. We only know what is posted on the screen. When someone disagrees with you and tells you so, they're exercising the same "autonomy" you seem to place such value in.

The constant personal commentary distracts and detracts from the flow of argumentation and analysis. Of course you can have your opinion, but be satisfied with stating your opinion without expecting that no one here has a different one, or that we're willing to tell you so.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Clerics do have good saving throws. LOL.

That takes me back.

I am amazed at the hubris evinced by so many "Christians." Listening to Mr. Obama speak about his faith (although I personally find that whole order of being delusional and dangerous) is at least as realistic as listening to Mr. Bush speak about his.

Another one of the many pitfalls when one's reality is based entirely upon belief. In my opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: UnmitigatedDisaster

Your post is absolutely 100% on track!

I'm not Christian nor religious at all these days. However, I am saddened by the lack of basic human empathy I see in so many conversations here, which I believe is what you're pointing to.

I've said clearly that we cannot allow these monsters to turn this into a matter of religion, which is an arena, I think we'd all admit, even less rational than politics.

Thanks for your thoughts!

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join