It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone who claims Shariah is not slowly creeping up in America . . . . .

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So, you're admitting that you misrepresented what the President said in your previous post? That's a step.

I realize that now you're trying to pivot to other standard jargon about the President's lies. That's fine, as long as you are acknowledging that you misrepresented the facts earlier. I've never said Obama is blameless.

Free Speech Zones? Sure. One of the many legacies of the Bush II Administration I'd like to see discontinued.

The 2nd Amendment has not been "negated." There are well over 310 million firearms in the hands of the citizenry.

But good on you for admitting you were wrong or that you had exaggerated... as I said, that's a start.

As far as the Sharia law creep that we're discussing here, and these little local community meetings that are being thrown up as Councils or other nonsense, I'd like to know what you think about that, particularly, Beezer.

I know that you're a big advocate of religious rights in the US. Do you feel that these Muslim communities have a right, so long as they are not breaking laws or harming others, to exercise their faith as they see fit?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I've not misrepresented anything. I've been consistant with everything I've said.

I'm also for freedom of religion, regardless of the religion.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: grandmakdw

How many American Muslims do you know that condone any of those things??

None of the couple of dozen Muslims I know personally condone those things in any fashion or form. In fact, they'd take it very personally if someone thought they did.

Why do people insist on coloring the entire lot for the actions of what is a minority?

Your justified anger is misplaced at people like me.

The anger needs to be directed at the "evil" Muslims who defile Allah and Muhammad
and the entire religion by their horrific actions.

How can I tell an enlightened modern and good Muslim (of which there are many)
from one who comes to the US and pretends to be good
and then plots to bomb hundreds or thousands
of people in my neighborhood or country?
I can't and no one can, not even, sometimes,
their fellow mosque attendees.

Should people not be aware and alert to the
possibility that since it is evil Muslims who
are doing these things
and we can not tell the good Muslim from the evil
that it is right to be aware
and alert to the possibility
of evil

It is the evil Muslims who are putting this prejudice and fear upon
their fellow good and peace loving Muslims
and the religion of Islam
not everyday people who have a right to be leery of all Muslims until
this barbarism is put to an end by the Muslim community/nations themselves.

That is where the anger should be rightly directed.

edit on 9Tue, 17 Feb 2015 09:21:21 -0600am21702amk172 by grandmakdw because: format addition

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I've not misrepresented anything. I've been consistant with everything I've said.

I'm also for freedom of religion, regardless of the religion.

I'm not sure how you can say that with a clear conscience. You stated:

Our leadership can't call a terrorist a terrorist, unless it's prefaced by the word "domestic" and includes the Tea Party.

In a 2 second search and a 3 minute post, I showed you that your statement was untrue. I gave you credit for misrepresentation instead of outright dishonesty, but now, it seems quite intentional.

So you're for Muslims handing personal disagreements within the context of their faith then? That's what OP is addressing.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So you're for Muslims handing personal disagreements within the context of their faith then? That's what OP is addressing.

As long as it does not violate US local, state, federal law and does not infringe upon the rights of any other individual then they can do as they wish.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

As long as it does not violate US local, state, federal law and does not infringe upon the rights of any other individual then they can do as they wish.

I agree with you. I'd love to see that standard applied more generally!

Did you have any indication in the OP that these Americans were doing anything illegal or infringing on the rights of anyone?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think these bastards just reley on people like yourself who will now live in fear of anyone muslim(big part of their plan)..or even just looks muslim. They are reaching their goals it seems.
A person can go around living in fear of alot of things..crime, murder, rape..etc. Might as well be nervous about everyone.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I agree with you. I'd love to see that standard applied more generally!

Did you have any indication in the OP that these Americans were doing anything illegal or infringing on the rights of anyone?

Possibly. Shariha (if enacted) does infringe on the rights of others.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I think these bastards just reley on people like yourself who will now live in fear of anyone muslim(big part of their plan)..or even just looks muslim. They are reaching their goals it seems.
A person can go around living in fear of alot of things..crime, murder, rape..etc. Might as well be nervous about everyone.

Isn't it sad that you think their goal

is to make everyone fear all Muslims

Isn't that telling

that your conclusion is

that one group of Muslims is perceived as trying
to make the entire world

fear and hate their fellow Muslims
and to view all Muslims as evil, barbaric, and criminals

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Possibly. Shariha (if enacted) does infringe on the rights of others.

Right, but Sharia Law has not been enacted and will not be in that town, according to the OP.

The mayor of the town said so on her Facebook page, after all.

According to the article, the community representative "clarified that the purpose of such a body is to offer Muslims an Islamic point of view on how they should conduct themselves and nothing more."

Not unlike Dave Ramsey does with Christians over their finances, no?

83% of Americans are Christian. Less than 0.6% of Americans are Muslim.

How can these threats of Sharia Law being imposed in the US be taken seriously by any reasonable person?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think it works for them..not the absolute goal but part of the plan. I do not fear them, my mothers husband is muslim, regular guy who you could have a beer with and talk about the same stuff as the rest of us..I have more to fear from the methhead down the street.
It's not sad if you can see through it, ISIL just uses religeon anyway..more political if you ask me.

edit on 17-2-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Are you concerned about Shariah Law? Do you like Shariah Law? Would you prefer to live under Shariah Law?

Why are you for Shariah Law?

Or, why would you be against Shariah Law?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I think it works for them..not the absolute goal but part of the plan. I do not fear them, my mothers husband is muslim, regular guy who you could have a beer with and talk about the same stuff as the rest of us..I have more to fear from the methhead down the street.

My daughters best friend is Muslim and she has a brother who when my daughter was single, I suggested she date him.

That said, I do get (unjustifiably probably for the most part)
queasy when I see a woman in full veiled hajab with a man
getting on the same airplane with me
or even walking in the store in my town -
that is what the evil Daesh Islamic State
has done to the consciousness of the entire world.

If it is the goal of these evil Muslims to make
the entire world hate and fear all Muslims
then they are doing a great job -
it is hard to not fear when one sees what
is done by these criminals
in the name of Islam
they have ruined the daily peace of many good Muslims

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
To some degree if/as the world turns against the muslims it gives IS more power/recruits..the saying united we stand divided we fall holds true.
To be honest I get pretty upset when I hear of a new atrocity and wish the muslim world was doing just a bit more..to be fair they are already doing most of the heavy work, I think Egypt is planning on the same as Jordan did..that is what I want to see more of.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I guess I should comment on the OP, Im not crazy about it but if it's to settle civil..not criminal disputes within the community and the participants are wholely and willingly acceptable to the terms. I think it's akin to having a mediator settle labour disputes or the same as the native tribunals where non criminal stuff can be dealt with according to the customs of the band.
In no way do I think it should be used or allowed otherwise and definatly not in criminal matters.
Again not crazy about it due to the role women have to play in Islam, thats a personal choice for them.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Are you concerned about Shariah Law? Do you like Shariah Law? Would you prefer to live under Shariah Law?

Why are you for Shariah Law?

Or, why would you be against Shariah Law?

Typical, now you pivot to loaded questions. Here's a deal, I'll answer all of yours if you will answer one of mine.

Concerned about Sharia law? Yes. Particularly in my personal situation, living in a society ruled by Sharia law would literally mean my death sentence if carried to the literal extremes.

Do I like Sharia law? No, but to be fair I don't like any law. I would prefer to live in a paradise where we all treated each other with respect and kindness and left each other the hell alone, otherwise.

Would I prefer to live under Sharia law? Absolutely not. There's already too many efforts at theocracy in the US.

I am not for Sharia law. Nothing I've ever said could be construed that way and shame on you for such a silly loaded question.

Why would I be against? Already answered.

Now.

Your turn, no squirming: How can these threats of Sharia Law being imposed in the US be taken seriously by any reasonable person?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Now.

Your turn, no squirming: How can these threats of Sharia Law being imposed in the US be taken seriously by any reasonable person?

Easy. As I already stated, yet you ignored, we have Constitutional righte to bear arms. . . um, not so much.

We have Constitutional rights to free speech, as long as it is in a pre-approved zone of the authority's choosing.

Yet you think that this administration or any administration is going to stand on Constitutional rights to protect us from Shariah or any type of theocracy?

I'd call you naive and idealistic, but I'm afraid that'd just go over your head.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Now.

Easy. As I already stated, yet you ignored, we have Constitutional righte to bear arms. . . um, not so much.

We have Constitutional rights to free speech, as long as it is in a pre-approved zone of the authority's choosing.

Yet you think that this administration or any administration is going to stand on Constitutional rights to protect us from Shariah or any type of theocracy?

I'd call you naive and idealistic, but I'm afraid that'd just go over your head.

So good faith is wasted on you ... I really wanted you to come through. And by the way, your attempted insult just proves the level of your argument is ... trash.

Your partisan beliefs not withstanding, how or why would Sharia law be enforced in the United States, where the vast vast majority of people are Christian as opposed to an incredible, tiny minority who are Muslim?

There's no reason, rhyme, rationality or possibility. It is nothing more than a rabble-rousing rallying point for a political agenda.

It's far, far more likely that some sort of Christian Theocracy is going to be set up in these United States.

Can you list any "free speech zones" set up by President Obama? By the way? I stated my personal distaste earlier, but I guess that didn't serve your argument ... or was it the fact that the GW Bush Administration set the current process in motion. Or, does the fact that most colleges and universities have now reversed the trend not serve your argument either?

As to your gun comment, I refer you to Justice Scalia. And 310 million plus guns in the hands of the American people.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join