It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone who claims Shariah is not slowly creeping up in America . . . . .

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Be careful-the mod will poof your comment if you point out too many FACTS about islam/muslims.

That is what happened to my first comment.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes

originally posted by: grandmakdw

It must just be the worst thing, going around every day completely terrified of billions of normal people who call their god by a different name.

We are terrified by people who:
think it is acceptable to kill women because they "dishonor" their family
think it is acceptable to kill people who don't worship the same God they do

Ah, interesting. First, thanks for admitting you're terrified. That's the first step to getting over your fears.

Second, do you support the US's military involvement in the Middle East? Why do you think the US is over there?

Yes I am terrified by people who think these things are acceptable.
Any sane person would be terrified by people who think these things are acceptable and it is codified in their religion.

I DO NOT support the US sending troops - why - this is NOT a US issue, it is a Muslim issue - the only people who can legitimately end this is the Muslim countries themselves.
The secret meeting with Obama and the Muslim leaders of Muslim countries, tells me they are afraid to act themselves out of a fear of their own people.
The US can not stop it in the ME legitimately, and it will only make things worse.

The US can however, refuse to allow Shariah to have "no go zones" in the US.

I will not "get over" my legitimate fears of barbaric behavior
until it is stopped by the very people who encourage it and allow it in their countries.

I will never think
pedophilia
oppression of women
murder of homosexuals
murder of people who simply disagree with you
is not terrifying.

It is ONLY the "good" Muslims who are enlightened and know that these barbaric acts are horrific and evil; who can put an end to this. Infidels getting involved with only exacerbate the situation.

No I DO NOT support the US sending troops, it will not work, it will not end the barbarism and terrorism, it will only make it far far worse.

edit on 2Mon, 16 Feb 2015 14:34:19 -0600pm21602pmk161 by grandmakdw because: addition grammar

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

How many American Muslims do you know that condone any of those things??

None of the couple of dozen Muslims I know personally condone those things in any fashion or form. In fact, they'd take it very personally if someone thought they did.

Why do people insist on coloring the entire lot for the actions of what is a minority?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And we are no where near having them!

Jebus people, how do you think they could possibly establish them in the US???

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I agree. We've been inundated with xenophobia propaganda against Muslims for going on 14 years now. It was kosher for about 8 of those years, but has seen a huge blow back from the Obama Administration which has morphed it into new and interesting xenophobia. Like that Obama is trying to implement Sharia Law and other nonsense.

Look at how these guys lash out at liberals like they are a blight against our country. Some I have trouble believing even know what a liberal IS other than someone who disagrees with their rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It must just be the worst thing, going around every day completely terrified of billions of normal people who call their god by a different name.

Ah, interesting. First, thanks for admitting you're terrified. That's the first step to getting over your fears.

Second, do you support the US's military involvement in the Middle East? Why do you think the US is over there?

Yes we are terrified by people who think these things are acceptable?
Any sane person would be terrified by people who think these things are acceptable and it is codified in their religion.

So are you also terrified of tribal cannibals from Indonesia? Their belief system is one that allows eating other people, and goodness knows what else. What about Sikh men, who are required to carry swords with them at all times? Are those frightening?

My point is, A. why are you scared of something that is not happening where you live, and over which you have no control, and B. why Muslims specifically?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

None of the couple of dozen Muslims I know personally condone those things in any fashion or form. In fact, they'd take it very personally if someone thought they did.

Why do people insist on coloring the entire lot for the actions of what is a minority?

Please read my above post.

There are decent and good Muslims who are enlightened
they and only they are the ones who can stop this

However, in the meantime, the LGBT and Feminist community should speak up!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I don't know if you know this or not, but we already HAVE "no-go zones" in the US. Question, what do you think would happen to you if you went to west Baltimore at around 3 in the morning? We call OUR no-go zones ghettos and no one is doing anything about them.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Who says they aren't?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
It's utterly amazing to see how many people have so little faith in their country, their constitution, and their own ability and power to discern and stand up against either a real or imaginary threat.

It's also amazing how people think that Muslims will somehow manage to convince all the existing Americans here to convert to their ways.

For those of us who aren't brainwashed by MSNBC, it is more than clear as day. When I can't merely notice a woman wearing a burka who is out of the norm without being accused of being Islamaphobic or voice my concerns that hey, a court system that right now in another part of the world is responsible for:

burning people alive, beheading people en mass, crucifying people en mass, murdering children, burning children alive, throwing homosexuals from towers then stoning them to death for managing to survive, stoning women (I'm sorry, I mean 9 year old girls) to death for "committing" adultery, throwing acid in womens' faces because 95% of their body isn't covered by fabric, executing men by Anti-Aircraft cannon, has laws allowing the taking of women and children as sex slaves and calls for taxing other people because they are of a different religion

, has just gained a small foothold in America.

Obama can't even call the ones responsible for systematically beheading 21 Coptic Christian laborers simple terrorists, but before all the facts are in can accuse a man of a hate crime for murder in North Carolina.

Liberals can claim there is WAR ON WOMEN because their is a debate going on about abortion ethics in this country, but man, question a cult and the motives of a system that is responsible for systematic murders that rivals the barbarity of our Bronze Age ancestors a thousand years ago, and it's racism and bigotry.

/Liberal Hypocrisy

edit on 16-2-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Certainly!!

In no fashion would I say anything otherwise. I don't think I implied anything of the sort...

Sharia Law has no chance to ever become the "law of the land". It simply isn't going to happen. There is much to be concerned about in this increasingly dark and troubled world, but ain't one of them.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Yes we are terrified by people who think these things are acceptable?

So are you also terrified of tribal cannibals from Indonesia? Their belief system is one that allows eating other people, and goodness knows what else. What about Sikh men, who are required to carry swords with them at all times? Are those frightening?

My point is, A. why are you scared of something that is not happening where you live, and over which you have no control, and B. why Muslims specifically?

Of course I am terrified of them, I wouldn't go anywhere near the cannibals and would not want my President to pretend their cannibalism is cultural and not call it the evil it is.

There is no evidence that terrorism won't be on US soil
it has already reached US soil
and will continue on US soil
especially if US troops get involved
until
and
unless
enlightened and modernized Muslims themselves
stand up and fight and say enough is enough
stop destroying our lives and reputations
through your barbaric behavior
in the name of our religion.
And there is worldwide Muslim condemnation of
the passages in Muslim writings that support and condone this behavior.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

think marrying a girl to an adult at 6 years old is acceptable

Fabricated hadith. The Aisha myth is dead.

Cultural retardation practised mostly by South East Asians. Again, there's no evidence in the Quran suggesting the murder of a female family member for "dishonouring" the family name for marrying outside the family, not wearing a hijab or getting drunk.

No sane person would murder someone for believing in a different God. Neither is it stated in the Quran to murder people for believing in a different God other than Allah (which by the way is God in Arabic).
ISIS is doing it so all Muslims must agree with it, right? They're all bloodthirsty monsters trying to behead us all.

think it is acceptable to throw homosexuals off buildings and kill them in any way they wish

You're right. All Muslims are like ISIS.

think it is acceptable to behead people because they are different from themselves

ISIS murders= Every Muslims responsible

refuse to acknowledge this is horrifically evil, because it is "cultural"

It is not a terror of Muslims in general,
it is a terror of what the Muslim religion condones
as acceptable behavior

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Lots of Muslims are fighting against ISIS...

Add Jordan and Egypt to the list.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Of course I am terrified of them, I wouldn't go anywhere near the cannibals and would not want my President to pretend their cannibalism is cultural and not call it the evil it is.
All I can say to this is: don't invest in a passport. It ain't worth leaving the US, friend, because apparently it's pretty goddamn scary out there.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

Lots of Muslims are fighting against ISIS...

Add Jordan and Egypt to the list.

And that is as it should be!

The US has absolutely no business in what is basically a religious war. It will only make matters far worse when infidels get involved.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Why do people claim that owning a gun is going to make me more likely to commit a crime with it, when less than .1% of legal gun owners in the country use them illegally in the commission of crimes? As long as I am accused of being a potential murderer for my choice of hobbies and method of self preservation, I will have no sympathy for Muslims that are 'painted with the same brush'. The accusations against those in the right wing need to stop or be toned back before you can ask for the same.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Well duh, ISIS does their actions in the name of islam so its perfect logic to assume that all those that follow that religon therefor support ISIS.

But yet in our country when ever there is a mass shooting, we all need to remember not to blame the many for the actions of the many.
/shrug

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Why do people claim that owning a gun is going to make me more likely to commit a crime with it, when less than .1% of legal gun owners in the country use them illegally in the commission of crimes? As long as I am accused of being a potential murderer for my choice of hobbies and method of self preservation, I will have no sympathy for Muslims that are 'painted with the same brush'. The accusations against those in the right wing need to stop or be toned back before you can ask for the same.
Why do you keep bringing up the same strawman argument? No one is talking about guns, we're talking about Muslims. One has nothing to do with the other.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Imagine that a site with "atheist" in the title is "anti-Christian."

There is of course a difference with thinking that certain beliefs are delusional, and being against the people who hold those beliefs.

Interesting deck you're stacking here in your OP though Chuck ... so let me see if I get the gist of what you're claiming ... anyone who disagrees with your ... assessment ... is by your definition illogical and a Muslim apologist?

No other choice? One of those two? Your way or the highway? We're either for you or against you?

Might want to look up false dilemma/dichotomy.

From your article, this is what one of the Imams said:

“We are not here to invade the White House or invade Austin. … We are humble and want to settle a problem between Muslims,” said Imam Moujahed Bakhach. “Maybe in their mind, the misconception about what they see through the media is that Shariah means cut the head, chop the heads, cut the hands, and we are not in that.”

So let's shake it out ... you want to tell these American citizens what they can do in their religious ceremonies and communities? You said "they have not committed any crimes yet" ... but you want to convict them of thought-crime? Based on your fears?

Discussion: See 1st Amendment, US Constitution and seriously consider minding your own business?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join