It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone who claims Shariah is not slowly creeping up in America . . . . .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
www.atheistrepublic.com...

I did a search, and did not find this posted, which is fairly shocking because I saw it on breitbart. I didn't cite breitbart because I know there are going to be Muslim apologists who claim it is a bias source, and that it is inflating something that is much smaller, etc. I decided to use the Atheistrepublic, which appears to be a very anti-christian site too

So basically, a group of Muslim Imam's have decided to implement a "voluntary" court that will "resolve" "disputes" within the Muslim communities. Now, on the surface, this may not appear to be much different than going to your preacher for Marriage advice (Which is quoted in the article as a matter of fact). The problem I have, and I think most people who are LOGICAL and not Muslim apologists is with people who immigrate here who will not know that they don't have to do everything the Muslim way. Do to the nature of immigration, where large groups people from the same ethnic area immigrate to a common location in whatever country they are immigrating to, it is not a stretch to imagine that this area is going to receive many more Muslim immigrants over time, especially with Muslim governments falling on the regular in the Middle East. Men have already gotten away with felonies in other parts of the US because of their ignorance of US law, what is going to stop that from happening down the road from this ‘tribunal’ which, for all other Muslims know has legitimate authority?

At least Mayor Beth van Duyne has a pair. They have not committed any crimes yet. I believe it only to be a matter of time though, unfortunately. When that happens, I wonder, are the atheists and apologists going to run to the defense of the person who will be victimized?

I also think that in response to this, the Mayor should order public notices be made that just because you are a Muslim here doesn’t mean you must abide by Muslim laws. This won’t help with the victims who are going to be shunned by their community, but maybe it will save a life, when a Muslim man takes his wife to court for adultery because she was talking to a non-relative male or other such nonsense.

Discuss.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

The only immutable law all must adhere to is the iron law of taxation to wit: thou shall not short change the irs

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Not sure what you think will be done.

Free speech and freedom of assembly and all that.

Orthodox Jews, fundamentalist Christians, and other groups within the U.S. have been "handling their own" for some time now.

So if we're going to take care of this "Muslim" problem I'd prefer we just take care of the religious problem in general since many are misogynistic and hateful toward women in general.

So which group do you want to start with and how do we do it?

I say pitchforks and burning at the stake.

We can't use the law because of that pesky thing called the constitution.

How bout...super soakers filled with acid?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
The problem I have, and I think most people who are LOGICAL and not Muslim apologists is with people who immigrate here who will not know that they don't have to do everything the Muslim way.

I wouldn't worry about immigrants if I were you. They'll figure it out. There's US law and then there's a voluntary Muslim tribunal (NOT law) , which is much like visiting a preacher for marriage advice, as you stated.

Men have already gotten away with felonies in other parts of the US because of their ignorance of US law

Can you site what you mean here?

At least Mayor Beth van Duyne has a pair.

How's that? By vowing to not allow the Shariah Court to infringe upon citizens' rights? Duh! Every official is obliged to defend citizens' rights. She's nothing special.
edit on 2/16/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
How can any religion become law when the first amendment clearly states it's not allowed?
Granted the constitution hasn't stopped our presidents from making laws but still.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I'm more worried about the ultra right wing christian's who are trying to over regulate everything from how people manage their own consciousness to everything else they have already done in congress.

Church and state need to stay separate. Lets get back to civil liberty.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
How can any religion become law when the first amendment clearly states it's not allowed?

It can't. It's not law. Nothing to be concerned about.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

edit on 2/16/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

The IRS sure is short changing us on our refund this year...

And no, despite what the internet says, Sharia law is not truly being implemented in the United States any more than the strict Biblical laws that some right wing people want. There are fanatics for each religion, each political side, etc etc.

I'll be the first to say that our legislative and judicial systems are broken, but in the end, moderation and common ground has still won out.

(post by FalcoFan removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This doesn't seem like Shariah law creeping up on non-Muslims. If they were trying to implement their laws upon those who don't follow the shariah, then I might be worried. This just seems like a group of immigrants who are adhering to a set of rules set forth by their faith. I don't think that these people aren't subject to the same laws that bind you or I. And yes the apologists will tear you apart for mentioning Breitbart. Lol

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If this crap starts happening in the US they will get a very different reaction than the progressives over in Europe give out. The people of the US truly will not deal with this crap. Appeasing and apologizing does not work with these people.

link   
Delete
edit on 16-2-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
Who cares, They will end up moving back or hibernating all winter because they cannot handle our weather up here.

It gets way to cold, Also if any of these muslims moving to north america end up sleeping outside there a good chance they would hey amonia or hypothermia as this really isn't stated to much because it's common sense. But quite a few people die in North America from these 2 things alone Each year.

So by al means, Move here if you can handle it. I know a fact with their hot desert weather they deal with there where it never rains on a daily basis is gunna kick their ass when they see snow for the first time and find out what its like to be caught in the middle of nowhere, Where the closest town is 100 miles away lol. Welcome to Canada, Don't let the snow covered trees hit your ass on the way out of the airport.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
Quotes material removed due to an ATS T&C violation

That is right on the money.

Cowards that are afraid of their own shadows.

They are the Chihuahuas of Human Beings.

Nipping and biting at the heels of brave and Patriotic Americans.

edit on 16-2-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Also Enjoy the Mold. I also know for a fact that Mold is unheard of in the middle Eastern world seeing how its so hot and hardly ever rains.

Welcome to the land of fire and snow. Where if your Muslim and you've never seen black mold before, You might just get sick and die.

Oh and the way muslims prepare their food in the middle east? Don't cry it over here, Can't turn meat into Jerky with only the sun out here. The rain will turn the food muslims try to cure outside into Mush. The humidity ect lol.
This isn't some place where you should expect the same weather day in day out like many muslim nations which barely see clouds and have sun almost 100% of the time. Over here Weather isn't as predictable.

(post by MichiganSwampBuck removed for a manners violation)
(post by grandmakdw removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I'm more worried about the ultra right wing christian's who are trying to over regulate everything from how people manage their own consciousness to everything else they have already done in congress.

Church and state need to stay separate. Lets get back to civil liberty.

The right wing does not have plans to cut off your head like the ##Muslims## do but yes there is also problems with the right and left already here.
edit on Mon Feb 16 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So the Muslims are moving to take over America eh? Well considering half of America is a desert that also never rains like California, that would be a great place for Muslims to hangout.

Maybe that's why there was and is so much development in nevada/Arizonia for new homes.

For the incoming Muslim nations lol.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join