It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Confounded By This Christian's Reaction To The 21 Beheaded By ISIS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I don't like to generalise, but I get the sense that Women are much more compassionate than Men.

Sport can indeed make a Man say all sorts.

Some of the most brutal things I've ever heard came in the form of Football Chants.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Think Charlie had the right answer from the get-go.

It's his son. I know if somebody were to harm one of my kids, all that turn the other cheek stuff is out the window and I'm going straight up Punisher on people. Race, creed, nationality would not matter one bit.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Muslim liver should be in fairly ripe condition, considering it's most likely never been tried and consumed by alcohol.

Then again, ISIS warriors are known to take other drugs than alcohol to keep them going and off the touch of reality.

I still cannot fathom, many of these ISIS guys are from US & Europe, what is wrong with these guys?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Well, it can be taken as a demonization of chtistians in general I suppose, but I believe coptics hold a 'faith+works' understanding of salvation, which means they are not really christians in my book? Do all coptics believe that? I dont know, but it is possible that the media may be bluring the denominational lines to use the coptics a a representation of all christians.

Either way, the man lost his son. The media has no right to use his loss as a talking point. Its immoral.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Okay,here is my take on this. The father was beside himself with grief for one thing. The other that comes to mind is this.In many belief systems there is the standard belief that someone's body MUST be whole to go to heaven. This is the reason you see the beheadings from ISIS or whatever they want to be called. Removal of the head means to THEM that the person won't go to heaven and it has a vivid shock value for the rest of the world. Therefore by this father saying he would eat the liver of his son's killer,he well understands that the Muslim belief is the body has to be whole,so he is saying "I'll rip your body to shreds and eat your liver so you can't go to heaven for any reason". Putting the fear of God so to speak into his son's killers. The American Indians also felt their bodies had to be hold I have heard,in order to go on to the 'next life"( the new world with the gods).
edit on 16-2-2015 by Dimithae because: misspelled word

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
He is grieving.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Therefore by this father saying he would eat the liver of his son's killer,he well understands that the Muslim belief is the body has to be whole,so he is saying "I'll rip your body to shreds and eat your liver so you can't go to heaven for any reason".

That's interesting. I didn't know that about Muslim belief.

Thanks. It only makes sense that there would be some underlying belief behind his statement. I just couldn't figure it out.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I'd call his reaction number one, expected along such
parameters. And two, right on time and in time, with
human nature in his recent shock and agony.

And three, believable. Unlike a reasonably comparable reaction
we've seen here in the U.S. that's been widely talked about the past
few years. Who's name[ Robbie Parker] I won't mention.
edit on Rpm21615v502015u06 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I went to collage with some Saudi's and they were telling me about their religion and beliefs. I'm no pro at it though. But I remember bits and pieces of what they told me.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I went to collage with some Saudi's and they were telling me about their religion and beliefs. I'm no pro at it though. But I remember bits and pieces of what they told me.

LMFAO, that's rippin! Buhahahahahaha!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join