It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'One Fish' passed away last night

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Very encouraging signs about Two Fish. Fishy high fives all around

(Out of curiosity, don't suppose you let off any flea/pest bombs? Or perhaps had a nasty spider that needed a good squirt of spray killer? Maybe something like that got in? ) Anyway thanks for keeping us updated

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Nope. The only new thing was that a few days before all this happened, we cleaned the tank as usual but left the tank light on for four hours. We forgot to turn it off. Maybe something with that light being on caused the fungus? I dont know. That's the only new thing.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Tank water for the change, or tap water? Did you use a dechlorinator?

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
Tank water for the change, or tap water? Did you use a dechlorinator?

The usual - tap water and dechlorinator. It was always fine before. We put in all the right stuff. Nothing new except turning the light on and forgetting to turn it off.

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Yeah the extra light could likely have trigged an algal bloom or upset the water chemistry allowing fungus to take hold. Too late now I guess but hopefully you will add Red Fish Blue Fish? Or More Fish? Or One Fish Part Two?
(Not straight away of course, let the tank re-settle for a few weeks first.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Two Fish update.

It's been two weeks. Two Fish has recovered from the fungus and the bacteria. Her fins are mending. She's very perky now and interacting with us A LOT. Even when the dog gets up on the couch near the tank she goes over to her. So I can say she has made it.

Now the question - do we get her some little friends? I'm thinking - no. She's huge and they would be so small. She'd eat them or ignore them. (and honestly, we are still mourning One Fish and it wouldn't feel right to 'replace' him).

That should be the last update on Two Fish.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That is great news, FF!!!!
She's queen of the tank....probably is best to keep it that way...she still has the rest of you as her family

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join