It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.A Message From The Iraq Resistance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

People of the world! These words come to you from those who up to the day of the invasion were struggling to survive under the sanctions imposed by the criminal regimes of the U.S. and Britain. We are simple people who chose principles over fear. We have suffered crimes and sanctions, which we consider the true weapons of mass destruction. Years and years of agony and despair, while the condemned UN traded with our oil revenues in the name of world stability and peace. Over two million innocents died waiting for a light at the end of a tunnel that only ended with the occupation of our country and the theft of our resources. After the crimes of the administrations of the U.S and Britain in Iraq , we have chosen our future. The future of every resistance struggle ever in the history of man.
It is our duty, as well as our right, to fight back the occupying forces, which their nations will be held morally and economically responsible; for what their elected governments have destroyed and stolen from our land.
We have not crossed the oceans and seas to occupy Britain or the U.S. nor are we responsible for 9/11. These are only a few of the lies that these criminals present to cover their true plans for the control of the energy resources of the world, in face of a growing China and a strong unified Europe . It is Ironic that the Iraqi's are to bear the full face of this large and growing conflict on behalf of the rest of this sleeping world.

This is a well articulated speech. The one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is: We have not crossed the oceans and seas to occupy Britain or the U.S. nor are we responsible for 9/11.

I agree with this man, more or less.

Deep

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
this person was most likely a baathist in support of Sadam's regime. He/she makes it sound like it was a wonderful place to live before all this happened. If you're a baathist, it was.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

this person was most likely a baathist in support of Sadam's regime. He/she makes it sound like it was a wonderful place to live before all this happened. If you're a baathist, it was.

I disagree, in fact, i just realized that his accent was a bit suspect, did anyone else? Eeither way, if this is a message from a group of Iraqi insurgents, it's a strong message. He never once comments on Saddam Hussain, nor his regime. In fact, he speaks of reform; not going back to a dictatorship.

Deep

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If you read the whole story in the above link, it almost sounds identical in the way Bin Laden addressed the citizens of the United States before the elections, minus giving the options of being a blue or a red state. I did a google but could not find a post with a link to that original transcript.

Very Very similar... I find this ironic Resistance in Iraq = Alqueda
Writer of this letter= Osama

just a thought........

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

i just realized that his accent was a bit suspect, did anyone else?

Deep

Yes I did, sorry to say it almost sounds almost British or Austrailan, either way I don't think this guy is a part of the "resistance", I think it is propagand driven...

JMO...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
His accent sounds British to me. It is definitely not Iraqi.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This guy has a perfect British accent. That does not mean he is not Iraqi. You cannot judge people on their accents. Britain has a lot of Iraqis. He most likely was educated in Britain and went back home to Iraq to fight. If you were the iraqi Resistance Movement and wanted to communicate to the english speaking world as clearly as possible, who do you think would be the best candidate? Perhaps a resistance member from England?

What about the American resistance member a month or so back who made a video detailing the purpose of their cause? He spoke perfect arabic and had a nearly perfect American accent.

The words this man speaks would be on behalf of all the Resistance members, not just him. So to say that he didnt suffer under Saddam would be saying that he is only speaking for himself. He is only the spokesman for the group.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This man stated a lot of what I already believe is true.

And before you jump down my throat for saying that, my entire family traces its origins from Britain, so it�s not so easy to stand up against they're criminal acts.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Johnny Redburn]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaruseleh

What's better about it now?????

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
The one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is: We have not crossed the oceans and seas to occupy Britain or the U.S. nor are we responsible for 9/11.

They are terrorists, whether or not some of them in particular were responsible for 911 is irrelevant.[edit, didn't mean for it to be in bold, just noticed the error]

I agree with this man, more or less.

Do you think margaret hassan would've agreed with it?

In fact, he speaks of reform; not going back to a dictatorship.

Lets not be naive. The insurgents aren't fighting to get rid of the US and install, what, an iraqi democracy? They have a democracy. Yes, the current council was selected by the US, but they seem to have some popular support, and it doesn't really matter anyway since they are going to have popular elections for a council that will draft a constitution and government for their people to look at and ratify. What 'other' plan does the resistance have? And if the concern is secret corporate influence on them, then what would armed resistance help? If they are tangled up with the US British and other armies, how are they going to stop the 'monied powers'?

johnny redburn
my thoughts and hopes are with them.

Your thoughts and hopes are with a group of people that are kidnapping women and civilians and butchering them on tv, and all for what exactly? What does anyone think will happen in Iraq if the Coalition leaves? Peace? Hasn't anyone noticed that the insurgents have been attacking kurdish cities and shi'ite mosques recently? Does anyone actually think that this will stop if the US leave? Darfur will look like a humanitarian relocation program to the terror and chaos that will be in iraq. Without a general dislike for the 'capitalists' the insurgents will start shredding each other apart, and then whats everyone going to want? Intervention? Peacekeeping? Or are the same people who's 'hopes' are with these vicious butchers going to be content to let arab kill arab and kurd?

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Whoever it is, is talking on behalf of the Iraqi people and he pretty much summarized what you can only agree is the truth.

Now if somebody here think that anything it said is a lie and that does not apply to the situation right now in that country then I will like to hear from you.

It is true that the Iraqi people had to struggle to the sanctions because of Sadamn.

It is also true that the Iraqi people suffered no only sanctions but crimes under Saddam and now under occupation.

It is true that their oil was used for other things than to feed the Iraqi people.

It is true that many Iraqi people died during the sanctions and now more are dying during the occupation.

It is true that even after the liberation the Iraqi people can not even voice their choices and future for their country without US intervention.

It is true that they have the right to take back their country after all it belongs to them with their resources.

It is true that the prime minister in Iraq is not the people of Iraq choice but an American choice.

It is true that Iraqis citizens did not have anything to do with 9/11 and neither they were part of the plot.

It is true that Iraqis are fighting to protect their natural resources from private American oil base companies.

So who is lying here? It seems that everything is the truth. Can anybody blame them for fighting?

Oh, I forgot pro-war supporters will blame them for not bending to the US wishes.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
From the IRM message:

Years and years of agony and despair, while the condemned UN traded with our oil revenues in the name of world stability and peace.

Maybe they, the Iraqi Resistance Movement, and you, the Conservative Christian Right, have more in common than you think.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

my thoughts and hopes are with them.

Your thoughts and hopes are with a group of people that are kidnapping women and civilians and butchering them on tv, and all for what exactly? What does anyone think will happen in Iraq if the Coalition leaves? Peace? Hasn't anyone noticed that the insurgents have been attacking kurdish cities and shi'ite mosques recently? Does anyone actually think that this will stop if the US leave? Darfur will look like a humanitarian relocation program to the terror and chaos that will be in iraq. Without a general dislike for the 'capitalists' the insurgents will start shredding each other apart, and then whats everyone going to want? Intervention? Peacekeeping? Or are the same people who's 'hopes' are with these vicious butchers going to be content to let arab kill arab and kurd?

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Nygdan]

It matters not Nygdan, I toke that comment off my post...
NOT because I don�t agree with what I said, but because I don�t want to bare the brunt of ridicule or insulting slur from the likes of people like you.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
all i can say is:

what's done is done and now the ones responsible must be punished...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

So who is lying here? It seems that everything is the truth. Can anybody blame them for fighting?

Oh, I forgot pro-war supporters will blame them for not bending to the US wishes.

I can blame them for indiscriminate bombing that kills women and children. I can blame them for choosing violence when they are faced with the possiblilty of transforming their country through peaceful elections. The country is being offered autonomy and self rule by election. No US soldier or official will be voting in the election. The Iraqi people will be deciding the fate of their country. There is no need for violence unless you are a radical power hungry killer who has no chance of winning the hearts and minds of the people. Those who truly want reform and control of their country should campaign to win the hearts of the people of Iraq and then place their own candidates in the upcoming election. Anything else only perpetuates the hatred and violence of the Sadaam years and his downfall.

Can you Blame them? Yes I can and do. These men, no matter their eloquent propaganda are Murderers and criminals not freedom fighters for they are being offered freedom and choose violence instead.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn

It matters not Nygdan, I toke that comment off my post...
NOT because I don�t agree with what I said, but because I don�t want to bare the brunt of ridicule or insulting slur from the likes of people like you.

Uhm, where exactly did I ridicule you or throw out an insulting slur. ANd now you are the one being insulting what with the 'people like you', people like what exactly, people who disagree with you? Well your comments are still in my post so people can see it anyway. What do you care if someone on a web forum disagrees with you anway? And why weren't you able to keep the discussion civil and rational and at least attempt to answer my perfectly valid questions?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johannmon
I can blame them for indiscriminate bombing that kills women and children. I can blame them for choosing violence when they are faced with the possiblilty of transforming their country through peaceful elections.

I guess you have forgotten that Iraq is made of tribes that are not friendly with each other, also forgot that Iraq is full of "terrorist" for the negligence of the US after the invasion, nobody took care of Iraq borders but it was very clear that their oil fields were to be protected, but not the people, now the people is angry against the invaders for lack of protections, but they are told not to complain, because they are liberated.

And talking about indiscriminate bombing that kills women and children, well isn't that what US does during their indiscriminate targeting of "insurgents"? But we call it "casualties" because it sounds better, it helps pro-war supporters be able to sleep better at night.

Peaceful elections, let see, hum as long as their elections are US handle and approved with one tribal group as the winner over the other ones, it will never be peace and fair. I forgot the group not friendly to the US is "an insurgent" group.

The country is being offered autonomy and self rule by election. No US soldier or official will be voting in the election. The Iraqi people will be deciding the fate of their country.

Really autonomy as long as the leaders of the country are friendly to the US and follow US standards, what an autonomy and lets not forget the privatization of their resources.

The fate of the country of Iraq and their people has been decided long time ago by Mr. Bush and his "friends" in the oil business, what a bonus!

There is no need for violence unless you are a radical power hungry killer who has no chance of winning the hearts and minds of the people.

Humm, I guess US has done a terrific job winning the harts and minds of the Iraqi people.

Power hungry? Remember the "45 minutes nuclear weapons" by Mr. Bush favorite interim PM Allawi, he got Iraq in a silver platter for that one.

Power hungry? How about the plans to privatize their oil.

Those who truly want reform and control of their country should campaign to win the hearts of the people of Iraq and then place their own candidates in the upcoming election. Anything else only perpetuates the hatred and violence of the Sadaam years and his downfall.

Funny PM Allawi never got to do his campaign but still made it to PM. Democracy Mr. Bush style.

Can you Blame them? Yes I can and do. These men, no matter their eloquent propaganda are Murderers and criminals not freedom fighters for they are being offered freedom and choose violence instead.

It is easy to blame the people of a country when they want to get the invaders out of their lands, as long as is not your lands the ones that are not invaded.

I wonder if a bomb falls in your home and kill your family will you consider yourself a criminal or a murderer for wanting revenge.

It�s so easy to blame the Iraqi people, after all they are not Christian and they don�t believe in the same god as the Americans.

So ungrateful after US all it wants is to bring �democracy� and goodness into their lands, how dare them to complain, if US take some of their oil in the process.

Funny how your views are so different from mine, I most be an anti-american or not patriotic enough.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Lay down your arms and vote!

The USA will leave Iraq (I was going to say "your country" instead of "Iraq", but you're all from other countries, so that's not really true now is it?) a heck of a lot sooner than if you don't

AND

You just might live to see that day.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Funny how your views are so different from mine, I most be an anti-american or not patriotic enough.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by marg6043]

You are not necessarily anti-american you just are a pessimist who thinks that the United States is the great Satan of the world. lol I wonder if you have a global perspective on issues such as these. Having traveled to the third world on several occasions and spent not a little time in both the muslim world as well as some of the more volitile areas of SE Asia I have a deep appreciation for the gift of freedom and democracy that the United States offerers every country it has ever conquered. Until you have seen what the lack of that freedom does to a society and what the total lack of justice does to the heart and soul of whole countries you cannot appreciate the value of that freedom. It is the foundation upon which society thrives and without which it atrophies into desolation. Just look at the peoples of the countries who have lived without it. Look not at what they build or do in world politics though there is a lesson to be gleened there as well but look instead to the state of its people. Having walked among those who have lived without freedom or justice I have seen the hopeless fearful state in which they live. It is a poverty of the soul that is far more oppressive that that of the body if only because it perpetuates so much longer. THere is a hollowness and suspicion that pervades the hearts of these oppressed people that makes life a dark and seemingly inescapable tunnel of brokenness where even the most joyful of occasions is covered by the pall of its shadow. Those of the western world who have never experienced this in a people have no appreciation for it and therefore do not value the sacrifices of those who fight to win it or maintain it.

Those fighting in Iraq are simply trying to perpetuate the oppression of former dictatorships or even amplify it to taliban type levels. They need to be stopped whatever the cost because the price of freedom demands it and is worth it. They are not freedom fighters who battle the United States and our efforts to have peaceful elections. They are not freedom fighters who bomb convoys of supplies to the army of those who liberated Iraq from a cruel dictator. They are not freedom fighters who in your words Marg seek revenge for a casualty of war. Those who seek revenge are no better than those who committed the crime. Justice is never served on a cold plate of revenge. Instead all that is served is another crime.

I do not look upon the actions of the United States in Iraq through rosy glasses. I freely acknowledge that there have been a mix of motivations for war, some altruistitic, others self serving, as it is with most all war. What I do recognize is that everywhere that the United States has fought and won a war, freedom and justice follow. These things are worth the price of our mistakes and even some of our self serving motives. Those who wish to derail the benefit of our actions toward the Iraqis only serve to wound themselves and their own people and must therefore be stopped by any means necessary. To label those who behead innocents for propaganda while promoting a Taliban type govenment, as freedom fighters is a niavety only those pampered in the west or brainwashed by the despotic mullahs of the east can put faith in.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just for your information, my husband is a retired Marine that served in the first gulf war and other conflicts, and retired with 22 years of services.

And not I was not born in the US main land and I know very well how third world countries look like.

US as a nation is not the evil of the world, but its policy makers and administration is, and remember anything they do they do it with the power and in the name of the people of this country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join