It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-18 degrees...I live in NYS THIS was the temp this morning!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

Nope not surprised by anything anymore to be honest! lol My area used to be very 4 seasonal not anymore its either winter or spring/summerish type weather ..Thats it

CX

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My daughter is on a school trip to NY this week, a slight change from UK tempretures lol.

Luckily she has lots of warm clothing, but she didn't think it would be that bad.

Guess she'll need those thermals now.

CX.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

I've thought the same thing about the seasons the last few years, have discussed it among friends from other parts of the uk who agreed, it is almost like there are no set seasons. Right now my bulbs that shouldn't be sprouting until March are already half sprouted...the little plants are confused. However I will say this is the first winter I have had the pleasure of viewing my roses throughout. They just kept coming back. Beautiful.

But also very cold for you guys over the pond.
I do sympathise, I think the coldest I've had it was -15 where I am, but inland we can get -20 easy. It really makes you appreciate mod cons like heating. My house is old and listed so I can't alter the ancient single glazed windows. When I bought it the heating didn't work very well and it was a year before I could afford ot get a new boiler etc. Well! I have never been so grateful for heat. Didn't realise how cold it was until we got it. People comment that my house is colder than outdoors at times its true! Its just so old and draughty. I dread getting a cold snap where we see -15 again!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DjembeJedi

This is messed up, That is normally our temp's around this time here in Montana, and the snow all over the NE is what we usually get. But this year is real messed up. Not a lot of snow for us, no week or two of -20 plus temps, and today, we will hit highs of 60.
I am not sure why, or how, but dang it, i want our winters back! lol.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DjembeJedi
I do believe this is the result of rising global temps

Because global warming causes lower temperatures. It makes perfect sense. I believe South Park made an episode about this.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
And our Canadian posters just say "Looks like our spring temps are a little early & misplaced, eh?"

Lol, sorry, had to go there. As cold as it is, it could be worse -- it could be even colder

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I feel your pain, but would trade you spots in a minute. You can always bundle up and turn up the heat, but when it's over 90 then 100 then 110 then 120 for 5 months in a row, where you start sweating as soon as you wake up. That's the absolute worst. It's already been 80 in Vegas...will hit 70 today...it's going to be a long hot summer. Horrible.

I'll be moving somewhere cold and snowy as soon as I get the chance. That's a promise and I will love every minute of it.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Ha! Here I was whining and moaning about our 7 degree morning! We have about 6 inches of snow thanks to the storm and it ain't goin' anywhere for a while yet. This is more like the winters when I grew up in the late '50s and '60s. We always had snow, enough to go sledding on nearby hills. We loved those snow days when school was called off and we got to run wild in the snow then go home to hot cocoa and freshly baked cookies!
Keep warm and safe and don't forget to feed the birds! And other critters as well...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join