It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with visual artifact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
For the first time, I saw this visual artifact, I've had many visual artifacts before but this one came out far too distinct because it was quite bright.

It appeared like a small object with a bright electric arc glow (similar to a lightning or the arc of an electric arc welding) was traveling inside a semi-transparent vein. It also resembled a meteor or a bright fire ball.

It coursed across my vision (90 degrees of an arc) in a mild "S" path in two seconds - slow enough to have a good look at it.

I'm not having a headache nor stressed, nor fatigued. I've had similar visual artifacts before but this was the longest lived and brightest and by far. It was as bright as the full moon in rural areas.

What could cause it? Thanks!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Good old floaters maybe?
floaters

they seem to fit your description

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The description does not really fit floaters. I have had what you are speaking of before. It has something to do with filtering of information received from the eye. Mine came with the Temporal Lobe epilepsy and may not be related to the eye at all.

If you want to get rid of floaters, just look at the sun with your eyes closed lightly and the light makes them disappear for some reason. I do not know what light waves pass through the eyelids but they shrink and go away, you can actually see them shrinking. Somehow the filtered light breaks them down. Don't look at the sun with your eyes open though, you get little blue pencil like drawings you see when you close your eyes. I tried analyzing using open eyes to clear these things but it is too strong, closed eyes work the best. It is like laying on the beach with your eyes closed getting a tan, but you only need about three to five minutes to clear up the floaters.

Sorry about getting off topic with clearing floaters. I do know about these traveling lights, they have to do with energy flow in the brain being off, sort of like a small seizure that hits the occipital lobe. I don't worry about them, I am used to them. In my case they are nothing paranormal and these are one of the signs I need to eat calming foods to lower the TLE seizures. When colors get very vivid ,like my orange coffee cup glowing, I go eat certain foods. Those vivid colors can be pretty cool, but extremely distracting when they occur.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Sometimes if you get an infection, the white blood cells will surround something foreign in the blood stream, and that clump of things will flow through the bloodstream until filtered out by the kidneys.

If you get a detached retina you sometimes see white flashes or sparks.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouseI do know about these traveling lights, they have to do with energy flow in the brain being off, sort of like a small seizure that hits the occipital lobe.

What I saw was big and bright. It gave the illusion it was 2 feet away and 2 inches long and 1/2 inch in width.

It moved across my vision for 2 seconds so I had a very good look at it. It left a bluish fading trail and the thing emitted faint bluish electrical sparks.

I am absolutely sure it was in my eye or brain (no one else saw it). And I've seen orbs before and doesn't looked like it by far.

Never seen anything like it my whole life. It gave out so much detail, gave out recognizable electrical sparks and was quite bright.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Something totally unrelated but I think it may be worth mentioning. I was seeing blurry orbs flying amongst the trees and in the yard. I saw two go down the garage roof and into the woods. I saw one one day and it stopped, it was a big hummingbird, bigger than the little ones I am used to seeing. The fast fluttering wings made a distortion which I was able to see, it looked like a blur flying around when it was going across my view. I suppose I had seen these before and just wasn't paying attention. The blur only seems to happen when they are flying sideways, when they are coming at you and stop you can see them.

It is funny how much you miss when you do not pay attention. Now I look at those blurry orbs to see if I can identify them. I suppose anything that flutters it's wings rapidly makes that sort of blur. I bet this has something to do with people saying they see fairies as the blur seems to be something that pops up in writings. Could there be a fairy like creature? Maybe there used to be something that was a long time ago, it could have been a really big bug that had a body shaped sort of like a human body and the distortion blurred it so people think they saw something human like.

Just a possible explanation for a totally unrelated thing. I also have to note that I do not notice this distortion much on the tiny hummingbirds unless I look for it. The bigger ones much be giving out a more intense energy blur.

top topics

join