It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Freemasonry? One Mason to another...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

AA and Masonry are vastly different orignizations.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Tangerine

AA and Masonry are vastly different orignizations.

We're moving the religion discussion to a different thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
Plus, Pike doesn't, or rather didn't, speak for all of Freemasonry nor is he the #1 Freemason of all time.

“Every one is entirely free to reject and dissent from whatsoever herein may seem to him to be untrue or unsound. It is only required of him that he shall weigh what is taught, and give it fair hearing and unprejudiced judgment.” — Morals & Dogma, preface, page iv

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AlbertPike

Welcome back Brother Pike, long time no see.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

I think my answer has, and will change over time. I am a younger Mason, and don't have a lot of time to dedicate to the craft. What I would say is Freemasonry is a brotherhood. No matter where I go, I will have brothers nearby, willing to offer aid if the need arises. Just as I would offer aid to a brother if asked. It's that simple for me, for the time being.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So after wading through all of this, is seems that what one is seeking to get our of freemasonry is what they get. Whatever that may be. Am I correct in viewing it this way?

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Masonry... order of the seconds son(s)!
With maul in one hand... and sword in the other. Always at the ready.
Building a better wall....

Serving the one, true and everlasting God.

Hail to the craft... it is good!

Beware of the Cowan... he treads!

Also... take into consideration... that good men are made better.

Can I get a "yay men"???

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It is and always has been a Brotherhood of man a cooperation of likeminded minds and something that has always worked for the betterment of its members. That Masonry

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

Originally posted by Saurus [/I]
Masonry prepares a person to discover the truth by creating such an unshakable value system. It never actually teaches any truth. That, we must find on our own.

But where does that value system come from, and what is it…? because surely Masons must have some set defined truth, that is true, i.e. a starting point; if you will.

It’s seems to me that Masons are searching for Gods truth, which I believe is what the essence of Masonry is truly all about IMO…but if Masonry doesn’t teach any truth, and each member must find truth on their own; then how can there be any unity, except that of “we are all in search of Gods truth”…?

Btw - I’m not a Mason, but I have embarked on that sacred journey, to know and understand God/truth, and have had much revealed to me etc…

- JC

edit on 8-3-2015 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
but if Masonry doesn’t teach any truth, and each member must find truth on their own; then how can there be any unity, except that of “we are all in search of Gods truth”…?

You nailed it. Awesome post.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Originally posted by network dude
You nailed it. Awesome post.

Errm thanks lol

Sure; that search for Gods truth is what unites them, but surely there has to be some agreement, on some of the key truths, you know, like fundamentals…?

Of course no one can know everything, but there have to be certain principles that unite people, other than just “we are all searching for Gods truth”, in other words, some of the key truths (but maybe not all) have to be universal; so that they’re in agreement and match up with others truth etc…

Like the OP said in the post I highlighted, “Masonry creates an unshakable value system”;. If it’s a value system that is unshakable, then it must be based on some foundational truths, that everyone within the fraternity agrees upon…?

- JC

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Yes, there are some lessons that teach you things you might already know, but in a way that you are reminded to live and act in a positive way. Like trust in a brother, practice charity. But the search for personal enlightenment seems to be the binding link. I couldn't think of a better way to say it than you did.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
For me...being fully raised to 3rd was probably the best moment in the almost one year Masonic journey I started. What I have discovered there is a group of men who seek to better themselves through the light. All the light is (to me anyway) is a symbolism of awakening. Those ceremonies and intimations were a reminder of how much more I need to learn. They were in a sense awakening, but not so that they stepped out and said "this...is the truth."

Instead it was "seek the light and find your truth. And in so doing, find yourself being a better man."

Simple...easy

And then they offer vehicles to better society while bettering the self. The list of organizations that are partly or wholly funded by Masons/donations is staggering.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Freemasonry... is... the... cowan's... intrigue!
If you're not a mason... please... adjusts your post from "it is"... to "what may be".
Thanks to all cowans and the master masons...

I think the mystery lies in g.a.o.t.u.....
Grave Acts Of The Underworld!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join