It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Freemasonry? One Mason to another...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: artistpoet

Your beliefs are similar to mine. You would be fine.

Unless that person is a woman! And then she would only be welcome in "irregular" lodges.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

One word of caution, Sufism today is somehow associated with Islam, however, one must delve into the truth, that sufism itself had it a much earlier genesis possibly predating Egypt, sufism has no religion, the spiritual component is a compliment to any religious or self improvement schema, meditation and yoga might also be associated with it as well.

Rudolf von Sebottendorff wrote a book on the subject, however, it was not a huge work, but you can use it to springboard into other areas of research.

Do you believe that Hermeticism is also an influence?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus

originally posted by: artistpoet

Would such a person be acceptable to Masonry ... not that I am petitioning to join

The test is a direct yes or no question - you must answer yes or no:

"Do you believe in a Supreme Being?"

If yes, you are eligible to join. If no, not. If in-between, you must select either yes or no.

As a pantheist (not a panentheist), how were you able to answer yes? I'm not suggesting that you were dishonest. I just wonder how you conceive of a supreme being. Judging by your icon, I assume that you are an occultist. My pagan friend, who is an accomplished occultist, said he saw similarities to occult orders but most of the lodge members who had not been exposed to that sort of thing were not aware of it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Here is the truth of the matter ... We ARE part of something much bigger and many people have come to realise this.

I know that.
but why the secrecy?

As for secret society's ... There is a reason why some things are withheld
I myself was part of a Secret College ... In that we kept outsiders away who wanted to disrupt our work

Outsiders? This is what I'm talking about. why the need for outsiders? so insiders can feel "special" and a part of something sacred that others are not.

I don't mean for my answer to supersede that of the person you asked, but there is power in secrecy.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
It is relevantly easy to reach 32 degree. Beyond that to 33rd degree requires a political connection from what I see.It is at this level you find out what god you are worshipping...... which is Lucifer. My main reason for not wanting to join the ranks of the mason.

Telling a panentheist like myself that I am going to Hell and worshiping Lucifer is a bit like me telling a Christian he is going to Mordor and worshiping Sauron.

LOL. I always find it hilarious when Christians threaten me with Hell and they never understand why it doesn't terrify non-Christians. They operate from a base of fear and can't even conceive of those who don't.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I don't mean for my answer to supersede that of the person you asked, but there is power in secrecy.

Also safety ...
Do you allow strangers into your confidence unless they are trustworthy

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

a reply to: Saurus

My grandfather was one and I have been given a few chances to join but politely refused. Not sure which degree you are at. It is relevantly easy to reach 32 degree. Beyond that to 33rd degree requires a political connection from what I see.It is at this level you find out what god you are worshipping...... which is Lucifer. My main reason for not wanting to join the ranks of the mason.

How do you know that at 33rd degree they worship Satan?
I know a few 33rd degree masons, and they are far from been politicians.

There are numerous Masons who have revealed the god they worship is Lucifer. This is well known. It is no longer secret. This was one the secrets of Mason worship. For some reason once you reach 33rd degree you qualify to actually meet Lucifer. Much knowledge and wisdom is shared to the 33rd degree brother. Enlightenment starts with the 33rd degree and many brothers fail to reach this level.

I do not mean that every 33rd degree is a politican but in order to reach the 33rd degree it takes more than most that serve.

Perhaps you could prove that. Can you name former Masons who have said that (and post links to documentation) who are not now fundamentalist Christians/

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Saurus

Thank you for posting this ... As a non Mason I will be intrigued to follow the responses

I too am not a mason, but have been intrigued by it for quite some time

I always thought too that freemasonry was about the esoteric and mysticism, I also noticed a connection
to gnosis, or alchemy. At least, that is what I have perceived over the years. Egyptian mythology has been an
interest of mine for many years now, and I have noticed that masonry seems to use a lot of her symbols(Egypt that is).

great thread, thank you for taking the time to post

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I found a link for you but I would not take it seriously as he is being badgered and the words are put into his mouth

Freemason Shriner says Lucifer is god

Sorry I can not inbed

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-2-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I found a link for you but I would not take it seriously as he is being badgered and the words are put into his mouth

Freemason Shriner says Lucifer is god

Sorry I can not inbed

www.youtube.com...

How do we know this person was a freemason? Is this person now a fundamentalist Christian? They think Satan is behind every tree and hiding in the air ducts.
edit on 16-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains
I don't see masons building freedom do you?

I sure do.

a reply to: DeathSlayer
So you're going off of second hand information?

There is no Lucifer or Satan worship going on in Freemasonry, Scottish Rite or otherwise. I'm guessing one of your sources is Jim Shaw who claims to have been a 33rd, but wasn't. Or Bill Schoebelen.

Lucifer was a Babylonian king, long dead. Quit with your scapegoating.

The 33rd is really only relevant to the Scottish Rite. It is not the central authority over Freemasonry nor the sole goal of Freemasonry. There is much more to Freemasonry than just Scottish Rite or any other appendant/concordant bodies. You should educate yourself before attempting to lecture others on a group you are not a member of nor have any real knowledge on.

That's not the purpose of Freemasonry.

Not all Christians live in or use fear.
edit on 16-2-2015 by KSigMason because: formatting

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I actually have not read this yet, I have read excerpts from it though

Morals and Dogma
by Albert Pike
[1871]

This is Albert Pikes' 861 page volume of 'lectures' on the esoteric roots of Freemasonry, specifically the 32-degree Scottish Rite. Until 1964, this book was given to every Mason completing the 14th degree in the Southern jurisdiction of the US Scottish Rite Freemasons. Masonic lectures are standard oral presentations given during initiation to a new degree. Lectures provide background material for initiates and the discuss duties of the degree in general terms. They do not present details of the rituals, gestures, regalia, etc., for which one must consult other books on Masonry.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

How do we know this person was a freemason? Is this person now a fundamentalist Christian? They think Satan is behind every tree and hiding in the air ducts.

You would have to ask a Mason if he recognised the regalia he was carrying
Yes I agree with you about fundamentalism

But I am wondering ... Is Lucifer the same imaginary being as Satan ...

ADD ... I see KSigMason has just answered this

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The following is from "The Alchemy Web Site"

Hermaphrodite Child of the Sun and Moon I
Translated by Mike Brenner. Copyright Mike Brenner 1997.

This figure is complicated, but to a philosopher, wondrous to behold. In the center of the inner circle is the sun with 7 rays of warmth. Above is the crown of celestial SAL-NITRE of the physical world and the Nature-Spirit. The figure represents: (1) Chaos or universal subjective nature as the purest birth of this Nature-spirit in the center of the Earth, (2) Sulphur saturated with astral Mercury, (3) the White Gold of the wise, (4) the many layers of the Earth, and (5) Travisan's Fountain. The outer circle represents the Zodiac where the 7 planets forever course through the ether. The planets concentrate their influx of energy into the world below, inducing the law: as above so below, and as below so above.

(cont...) www.levity.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A question for Masons

I was having a discussion with a carpenter friend of mine about Masons ... He had been asked to join ... But graciously declined

He said to me 33 degrees is the perfect cutting angle for a blade /chisel
I can see the metaphor In this regarding Masonry ... Shaping stone / building

Is there any "Mileage in this assumption"

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I am in the largest lodge in the state. We are not good because we are big, we are big because we are good at attracting and retaining members.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
Unless that person is a woman! And then she would only be welcome in "irregular" lodges.

True, but I think everyone understands that aspect of the Fraternity.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine
Interesting about the constitution. I was unaware of that. Can others verify that?

Our Constitution prevents Atheists from joining but does not refer to them as 'stupid'.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

You would have to ask a Mason if he recognised the regalia he was carrying
Yes I agree with you about fundamentalism

But I am wondering ... Is Lucifer the same imaginary being as Satan ...

ADD ... I see KSigMason has just answered this

But YOU claimed he was a freemason. It's up to YOU to prove it. I asked if he's now a fundamentalist for obvious reasons.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

He said to me 33 degrees is the perfect cutting angle for a blade /chisel
I can see the metaphor In this regarding Masonry ... Shaping stone / building

Is there any "Mileage in this assumption"

Try not to get hung up on the numbering system as it is only relevant if you are in the Scottish Rite. There were not always 33 degrees and they have varied throughout the side order's 200+ years.

As to the chisel analogy you would need to ask an actual stone mason to confirm this.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join