It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Freemasonry? One Mason to another...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

One word of caution, Sufism today is somehow associated with Islam, however, one must delve into the truth, that sufism itself had it a much earlier genesis possibly predating Egypt, sufism has no religion, the spiritual component is a compliment to any religious or self improvement schema, meditation and yoga might also be associated with it as well.

Rudolf von Sebottendorff wrote a book on the subject, however, it was not a huge work, but you can use it to springboard into other areas of research.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

Thank you for the information I will look it up.

Point of interest ... Christianity in it's purest form can be traced back to Egypt and before ... I am not speaking of the religion of Egypt
I am speaking of the original philosophy that was corrupted into mumbo jumbo if you catch my drift

Thank you once again

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am not a mason so I can only say what I think it may be.

Freemasonry may be a society where levels of understanding of reality and god/man may be attained through the esoteric teaching of symbols. To see and be the light in the darkness so to speak. They learn the "nothing". Also a social brotherhood/boys club.

A mason will/should deal with another mason in a business deal if given the choice between a brother and a joe blogs, which makes sense I suppose, similar to "royalty keeping it(wealth) in the family.

My problem is that these secret social structures (pyramids if you like) can only be possible in a divided collective society, division of the masses allows the secret societies to rise through their "togetherness" but in REAL reality we are all the same. By real I don't mean the reality our mind superimposes over the world we live in... The reality given to us by god, not the reality given to us my man, or the fake copies of levels of reality given by masons to other masons through the hierarchal structure. I know this creates order out of chaos, but at the expense of keeping enough chaos for order to be created out of.

I do have some screenshots I saved that may be of interest, I could not copy at the time so took a snap.

There is admission that these realities are "fake" by the mason in the article, but belief is powerful and thus has the power to create or make real.

I have heard masons on here say that they become part of and one with something much bigger than themselves through masonry.

I see it as just a big idea. Men standing on the shoulders or should i say beliefs?... of other men. Shh it's a secret.

There was a thread that was removed recently that I think was pretty close to the mark, I think(hope) it was more for its aggressive calling out of "our"
fellow ats mason members rather than the info contained therein.

edit on 16-2-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

Still no reply to:

What is the ultimate goal
    Who is the select few it benefits
    Why Pike is relevant to non-Scottish Rite Masons of the Southern Jurisdiction

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The goal is to make men better.

Is this really the ultimate goal...?

Is making good men better not a means to achieving a bigger goal?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus
I am a Freemason.

People who use this statement really need to start showing some proof, and yes, there are ways to prove it.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

I have heard masons on here say that they become part of and one with something much bigger

Of course that would be incorrect that you can become part of something much bigger ... Why

Here is the truth of the matter ... We ARE part of something much bigger and many people have come to realise this.

As for secret society's ... There is a reason why some things are withheld
I myself was part of a Secret College ... In that we kept outsiders away who wanted to disrupt our work

Do you allow strangers into your home whom you can not trust

link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

He has proven it in several threads over the 7+ years he has been posting here.

link   

originally posted by: phinubian

You obviously don't know a single thing about what you follow and if you do, then why ask me a question you already know? I know the answers, but if I do post it here, it is a bitter pill and most will be in disbelief, 33 degrees of knowledge is nothing in comparison to 360 degrees, but more importantly everything below 32 will remain frozen.

Until this point where you equated the Degrees of the Scottish Rite to having special knowledge of some kind, I actually believed you might know something about Freemasonry.

edit on 16/2/2015 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Shakawkaw

People who use this statement really need to start showing some proof, and yes, there are ways to prove it.

I would not worry about that ... I am sure that the Masons on here would soon weed them out

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Would such a person be acceptable to Masonry ... not that I am petitioning to join

The test is a direct yes or no question - you must answer yes or no:

"Do you believe in a Supreme Being?"

If yes, you are eligible to join. If no, not. If in-between, you must select either yes or no.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

Here is my answer to your question

I have no doubt there is a supreme being whom I believe in ... so the answer is Yes

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I have no doubt there is a supreme being whom I believe in ... so the answer is Yes

That is all you will ever be asked regarding your beliefs, and that answer is the correct one.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw

originally posted by: Saurus
I am a Freemason.

If the right question is asked, then the right answer will be given.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shakawkaw

A Mason will know another Mason by his first three or four posts. The way we write, the way we talk, it's plain for any Mason to see. Even though Masonry is universally spread over the Earth's surface, we can always identify each other, even by our writing.

On the contrary, even if I were to present a non-Mason with my Grand Lodge certificate, they would question its authenticity. If you are a Mason, you already know that I am, otherwise, you will have to accept the judgement of all the other Masons on this forum.

edit on 16/2/2015 by Saurus because: Fixed typo.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

"Freemasonry recognizes that all religions are but one story told in diverse ways for peoples whose ideals differ but whose great purpose is in harmony with Masonic ideals. North, East, South and West stretch the diversities of human thought, and while the ideals of man apparently differ, when all is said and the crystallization of form with its false concepts is swept away, one basic truth remains: all existing things are Temple Builders, laboring for a single end."
~Manly P. Hall

edit on 16/2/2015 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Here is the truth of the matter ... We ARE part of something much bigger and many people have come to realise this.

I know that.
but why the secrecy?

As for secret society's ... There is a reason why some things are withheld
I myself was part of a Secret College ... In that we kept outsiders away who wanted to disrupt our work

Outsiders? This is what I'm talking about. why the need for outsiders? so insiders can feel "special" and a part of something sacred that others are not.

It would not be anything special if it was not this way. But it's a ploy.

I don't understand...

Why would someone want to disrupt your work?

What work?

What is the collective goal of "your/their work?

If it is opposed to the greater good of all society in favour for itself, masonry could be seen as a psychopath, just like a corporation. Corporate drones make the best employees for corporations

Do you allow strangers into your home whom you can not trust?

Homes, lodges and schools and college are different things, but we all live in the same house.

edit on 16-2-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
It is relevantly easy to reach 32 degree. Beyond that to 33rd degree requires a political connection from what I see.It is at this level you find out what god you are worshipping...... which is Lucifer. My main reason for not wanting to join the ranks of the mason.

Telling a panentheist like myself that I am going to Hell and worshiping Lucifer is a bit like me telling a Christian he is going to Mordor and worshiping Sauron.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

I know that.
but why the secrecy?

Over the years, much in the Masonic ritual has been changed or omitted due to public involvement and by bowing to religious and Civil pressure within its ranks. In doing so, some of what was once known has now been lost.

By keeping our rituals secret, we minimize such public pressure, and preserve inviolate our ancient arts and hidden mysteries.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
removed
edit on 16-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join