It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern high carbohydrate diet; let's discuss the science behind.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Im not much concern about into entering ketosis, because IMO it is not what i need. There are many researches done that being all time in ketosis is actually not good. It will develop many health problems, if you have done your reasearch then you know about what i m talking.

Also IMO it is not the same to eat animal protein and enter a ketosis or fasting and burn your own fat to enter a ketosis. First type is linked to calcium deflection, since recent studies show that animal protein is linked to bone demineralization to provide enough calcium to bring your acid body to balance.

I wonder if someone know or have research if same thing is happening if we dont eat and start to burn our own fat? Will we enter into acidic state? And will our body use our calcium to get it to balance?

@PeterMcFly:
I think i enter to ketosis or my liver is working differently because i see on my body that i m burning fat. I was on protein diet few years ago and if i didnt switch i have a feeling i would be in hospital by now or maybe 2 feet under.

How long are you on low carb diet?
About inuits: they life expectancy is starting to raise (most probably because now they eat more and more carbs)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

There are many researches done that being all time in ketosis is actually not good. It will develop many health problems, if you have done your reasearch then you know about what i m talking.

Your opinion is well noted sir, but please take good note that my spouse is under a very strick ketogenic diet since more than a year now and her health condition have improved considerably, and there have been 2x complete blood count done in the interval, a neurologist and a general practicioner are involved...

edit on 2015-4-7 by PeterMcFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

The info I have about Inuit are that they were of very good health and longevity. Please check the book from the experience of Stefansson with the Eskimo 'STEFANSSON, V. (1960). The Fat of the Land' This is an incredible work of anthropology. I garantee you won't loose your time reading it, but the last couple chapters may be a little boring. Read this book, you will not regret it!!!

I didnt read the book, but if you did then you should read that they life is linked to cancer and to low life expectancy. If you are eskimo your chance for hitting a 100 is very low. Almost zero chance to get to 100. While Budhist monks who dont eat fish and meat live long, they almost always hit 90tis. And it is not science fiction to say that meat eater live lower quality lifes (because they move around hospitals after 50tis) and their life expectancy is by some people a whole decade lower than people that eat plant.

So only by knowing that whole idea of no carb diet and protein diet fell into water.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

There are many researches done that being all time in ketosis is actually not good. It will develop many health problems, if you have done your reasearch then you know about what i m talking.

Your opinion is well noted sir, but please take good note that my spouse is under a very strick ketogenic diet since more than a year now and her health condition have improved considerably, and there have been 2x complete blood count done in the interval, a neurologist and a general practicioner are involved...

Sorry to hear that. But i was thinking we are talking about diet in general. I do agree that in some medical conditions ketogenic diet can prolong life and make it better. But to healthy individuals i think it is better to eat healthy food, since there are tons of scientific research linking animal protein to cancer and other disease that just shorten your life and make your life quality bad. In other words moving trough hospitals drinking pills and wasting tax money.

To be honest i really dont know why people eat protein diet for longer period. I tested it and i got fat, fatigue and i m lucky i didnt get some serious illnes like heart attack or diabetes.

Also i did have a boost, like i already said, i feel stronger and healthier when i started but after a year or so things started to go south. like my body was saying i can no longer handle this.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

... didnt read the book, but if you did then you should read that they life is linked to cancer

No, I'm appalled to hear it. Inuit (of the past) have ZERO cancer, I'm serious about it!!! I'll check to give you reference if you don't believe me !!! That's precisely one big medical mistery...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
High Carb diets are inflammatory in the end. Also builds insulin resistance given enough time, with most adults.

We don't need carbs as much as we do Protein and Fats. Your body actually creates carbs.

I would never recommend a high carb diet to ANYONE who wants to remain truly healthy.
edit on 7-4-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Don't mix "modern" Inuit with Inuit from the past.

As of now they are very sick peoples...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
As a mutton farmer, I have been eating red meat 365 days an year three meals a day for the past half century. Chicken is usually served on the side as a vegetable. We drink borehole water drawn deep from lime stone, so basic a calcium sherry. The nearest golden arches, or anything similar, is a day drive away. Fit as a fiddle with BMI below 25, -- so no science here, just hard work and life style

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Your body actually creates carbs.

Yep, it's called gluconeogenesis.

Gluconeogenesis

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

... didnt read the book, but if you did then you should read that they life is linked to cancer

No, I'm appalled to hear it. Inuit (of the past) have ZERO cancer, I'm serious about it!!! I'll check to give you reference if you don't believe me !!! That's precisely one big medical mistery...

Yes u are right, past inuits didnt have cancer, but they got from zero cancer to highest cancer rate now. they say west bring the cancer to eskimos.

Anyway i checked a book your mentioned and found this:
wholehealthsource.blogspot.com...

And if you check the oldest guy on earth, it is a monk:
www.dailymail.co.uk...

At the time eskimos were almsot never hitting 100, this guy lives 115. This guy way of life most probably didnt change at all and is almost the same as monks in 1800. I know their life style is different and long live is not product only of food they eat, but also a meditative, less stress life. But anyway we can draw a line that monks live almost double than eskimos.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Your body actually creates carbs.

Yep, it's called gluconeogenesis.

Gluconeogenesis

Exactly, which means our bodies adapted a way to survive without carb intake from outside sources.

Now why is that and what does that say about the necessity of Macro-nutrients like Fat and Protein.?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

At the time eskimos were almsot never hitting 100, this guy lives 115. This guy way of life most probably didnt change at all and is almost the same as monks in 1800.

Hey, don't forget that Eskimo are living in a fuc***g hard environment to start with, high probability of accident, and possibly parassites from the undercooked food...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
High Carb diets are inflammatory in the end. Also builds insulin resistance given enough time, with most adults.

We don't need carbs as much as we do Protein and Fats. Your body actually creates carbs.

I would never recommend a high carb diet to ANYONE who wants to remain truly healthy.

So by your statement apple can build insulin resistance. And by your statement Vegans have diabetes and meat eaters have zero diabetes?

Where from you get this information?

Do you know there are healthy carbs and bad carbs?
healthy carbs comes with fiber and by that they dont increase insulin, because body process it slowly. And do you know how much of a fiber have meat?

@egoli:
Some people win on lottery while some dont. I know few people that drink, eat crap and use drugs and are still alive. But why risking something (your life) to get nothing.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm a hard core low carb proponent... There is NO good carb

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Good carb and bad carb are simply related to glycemic index... In the end they mean the same TOTAL glucose content dumped in the blood...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

At the time eskimos were almsot never hitting 100, this guy lives 115. This guy way of life most probably didnt change at all and is almost the same as monks in 1800.

Hey, don't forget that Eskimo are living in a fuc***g hard environment to start with, high probability of accident, and possibly parassites from the undercooked food..

Dang, your right again. Haha.
But can we agree that fish and meat is dirtier now than they were before?
Modern people that eat fish now are eating artificial grown fish (not free fish) and fish that is actually free is packed with radioactivity (read fukushima) or mercury. So if i need to pick between fish that is free (mercury and radioactivity) and artificial grown fish (packed with grow hormone and food for faster growing) i would have hard time to choose. And trust me no Eskimo will live long from this fish. (We know they live in area that is maybe not so contaminated.

And let not speak about meat at all. There is no meat that is gathered like past people were gathering it. All meat is artificialy produced and there is only 1 goal on the corporations that produce meat. PROFIT. That means they will throw everything to the chicken mouth to get it bigger and to get to that big body faster. In my country if you leave chicken to eat what is his natural food he would need 1 year to grow to full body. But artificial grow chickens are ready in 40 DAYS!!!

And same thing is happening with pigs and rest of the food. Even home grown farmers throw food that will make the growing process faster and bigger. They also want to make extra profit.

Organic meat?
Please explain what is that?
Pig that spend 3 years in garden eating what is her natural food?
How much do you pay for that meat?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

So by your statement apple can build insulin resistance. And by your statement Vegans have diabetes and meat eaters have zero diabetes?

Where from you get this information?

healthy carbs comes with fiber and by that they dont increase insulin, because body process it slowly. And do you know how much of a fiber have meat?

@egoli:
Some people win on lottery while some dont. I know few people that drink, eat crap and use drugs and are still alive. But why risking something (your life) to get nothing.

I was speaking of HIGH CARB diets. And I was speaking about INSULIN resistance which is consistent with DIET related Adult Onset. Yes there are 'good carbs', but their role and importance in the body are CRAP and overvalued and saturated in Western diets.

We do NOT need this many carbs. We do NOT need this much fructose. We NEED more fats and protein. The average body is starved for protein and healthy fats and medium chain fatty acids. Omega,EPA, DHA . You do not get these from carb based diets. And soon we are going to find that the average diet lacking these macros are the reason for much of the staging in your body for Type 3 Diabetes...AKA "Alzheimer's" and inflammatory arterial diseases. Many studies have already established this in comparison diets. High Carb is ALWAYS the loser across the board.

edit on 7-4-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I hear this argument often... All I can say is let's start with the basis and we will see what we can do with the hormone in the meat, Fukushima, the OGM ...

So, let's work by priority....

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Good carb and bad carb are simply related to glycemic index... In the end they mean the same TOTAL glucose content dumped in the blood...

Yes, but looks like you did not investigate enough how carbs are working inside of body.

Do you really believe that this food is unhealthy?
Apple, bananas, berrys, Chickpeas, lentils, beans. Actually Fruits, Vegetables and Legumes.
When i talk about carbs i m talking about this babys. You will not find a single research that any of this food is not healthy.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

Yes, but looks like you did not investigate enough how carbs are working inside of body.

Do you really believe that this food is unhealthy?
Apple, bananas, berrys, Chickpeas, lentils, beans. Actually Fruits, Vegetables and Legumes.
When i talk about carbs i m talking about this babys. You will not find a single research that any of this food is not healthy.

Why would you eat legumes? Do you enjoy high caloric-cheap staples for fiber and low nutrition value, with a wide spectrum of intolerance across the board?

Bananas? Yeah, cool for before the gym. Apple? Meh

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join