It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this one of the biggest coverups of the 20th century?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I have been puzzling over this for a few years now, a story told to me originally by my father. It was then reiterated by my Uncle (no blood relative to my father) then last week it was told to me a third time by a complete stranger when I mentioned global warming to him.

I have researched on the net to no avail for this, but these three people, all in their 60's now insist that what I am about to re-tell was an actual thing and that it proves that our changing weather patterns were 100% caused by man.

They story goes that in the 1960's, when all the satellites were being positioned around the earth there was a discovery made that there was a layer of copper ions in the earth's upper atmosphere somewhere. I've looked time and time again and cannot find any reference to such a layer existing. This 'copper layer' was said to have interfered with radio transmission with between ground and the satellites.

The US govt is said to have decided to obliterate the layer and detonated several nukes high in the atmosphere to disperse it. I was told by the third person last week that they remember seeing it happen - a brilliant red flash burned it's way across the sky of NZ and then disappeared.

The really interesting part is that all three people have told me that the US govt scientists of the day specifically said that destroying the layer would cause the earth's climate to warm by a few degrees over time.

So, this could be the smoking gun and the reason why the USA in particular spends so much time trying to convince us that there is 'nothing to see here, move along' when we mention global warming that proves we as humans caused this and it's an irreversible change.

Can anyone out there collaborate this story and maybe show some sources? I searched high and low and found nothing, yet all three men have independently told me that it was reported openly in the media of the day
edit on 16-2-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The US indeed did at least one high altitude test...one knocked out radio comms in the pacific ocean for a short time.....

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The US indeed did at least one high altitude test...one knocked out radio comms in the pacific ocean for a short time.....

I am aware of the high altitude tests, and it was supposedly one (or perhaps a few) of these that were specifically detonated to remove this mysterious 'copper layer'

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
could be this

Hmmm, sounds interesting and thanks for the link

The visual phenomena perhaps matches the last man's story, but the supposed goal of this mission was to disrupt an ionic layer that was stopping radio signals getting to satellites. This test seems to have knocked out a lot of satellites with a huge EMP.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
This is an interesting story, and I'm sure there is at least some truth to it.. The only problem with it that I have is that only people in NZ saw this nuclear event destroy the entire layer? Since this hypothetical "layer" would have encircled the entire earth, wouldn't this nuke have to be large enough to cover the entire globe? It's very possible that I'm just an idiot, and don't understand the physics of this matter, but either way, just thought I would bring it up.

Good thread though, makes you think at least. S&F.
edit on 16-2-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Well as far as I know, copper ions won't migrate in air, but are soluble in water.

don't know if that helps!?

just sayin..

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
This is an interesting story, and I'm sure there is at least some truth to it.. The only problem with it that I have is that only people in NZ saw this nuclear event destroy the entire layer? Since this hypothetical "layer" would have encircled the entire earth, wouldn't this nuke have to be large enough to cover the entire globe? It's very possible that I'm just an idiot, and don't understand the physics of this matter, but either way, just thought I would bring it up.

Good thread though, makes you think at least. S&F.

I agree, if it were true, I would expect that there would have had to have either been several nukes detontated in strategic points around the globe at once, or perhaps with in a short time.

Although, that being said, the Ozone layer depletion was by far the worst at the South pole - NZ got hit massivey by it, while the Nothern hemisphere had no real issues. Go to NZ even today and you will notice how 'bitey' the sunlight is there - it really burns your skin with a ferocity.

Maybe it was a concentration in a certain area of the globe?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: korkythecat

Well as far as I know, copper ions won't migrate in air, but are soluble in water.

don't know if that helps!?

just sayin..

Correct me if I am wrong but is water not lost from the outermost layer of the earth's atmosphere to space? As far as I am aware there is plenty of water in the atmoshpere in the form of clouds, both seen and unseen.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Maybe it was a concentration in a certain area of the globe?

Maybe. We can't rule that out, but then we would need someone to explain the why's and how's which can support that theory.

I don't think the Ozone layer can be a good comparison, only because the ozone layer was never completely destroyed all around the globe at any given time. Besides that, the "holes" have been supposedly closing and repairing since the 80s when they blamed the whole thing on aerosols.
edit on 16-2-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Yeah I remember the aerosols getting blamed. Here in NZ we were all told to buy new fridges because the old ones had CFCs in them.
The ozone layer hole seems to shrink and grow at different times over the years.
And yes the sun is a scorcher down here. We get told burn times for being out in the sun, usually around 8-10 minutes and your a lobster.
Never heard of a copper layer though. I might ask some "older people" and see if they remember.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
It sounds like Project Argus and/or Project Starfish as described on this page:

Earthpulse

edit on 16-2-2015 by 321equinox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 321equinox

I think you may have something concrete there

The US Military planned to create a "telecommunications shield" in the ionosphere, reported in 13-20 August 1961, Keesings Historisch Archief (K.H.A.). This shield would be created "in the ionosphere at 3,000 km height, by bringing into orbit 350,000 million copper needles, each 2-4 cm long [total weight 16 kg], forming a belt 10 km thick and 40 km wide, the needles spaced about 100 m apart."
This was designed to replace the ionosphere "because telecommunications are impaired by magnetic storms and solar flares." The US planned to add to the number of copper needles if the experiment proved to be successful. This plan was strongly opposed by the Intentional Union of Astronomers.

From the source article.

Perhaps it is possible that they actually did perform this copper needle experiment over the Pacific then detonated another nuke to disperse it because it made things worse?

I am not sure on how / why it would cause global temperature rise though. Unless that is part of the effect of the new ionic layers left by the blast as is mentioned.
edit on 16-2-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

So, this could be the smoking gun and the reason why the USA in particular spends so much time trying to convince us that there is 'nothing to see here, move along' when we mention global warming that proves we as humans caused this and it's an irreversible change.

Wait what?

I thought they have been trying to convince the world that there is something to see here and that it is due to our own actions.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkMyWords

Wait what?

I thought they have been trying to convince the world that there is something to see here and that it is due to our own actions.

I am basing that comment on data like this . Americans are extremely confused on the subject and the Govt is always stalling moves like the Kyoto protocal.

Perhaps this is because they know they caused it and that CO2 is not the cause and there is nothing that can be done to stop it.....

It's just a theory based upon stories I've been told by three New Zealanders. So far, it looks like there is at least some truth in what they have told me thanks to the awesome help from members here

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks it was retarded of our Goverment to detonate nukes in our upper atmosphere? What gave them the right to risk our planet in the first place? Sorry, but it just pisses me off how irresponsible the whole project was in the first place.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

No you're not the only one. If in fact it's true that is, I find it to be completely f*cked up. As far out as it seems though I totally know that they would do it still. The American Government with it's arrogance and disregard for anyone else and it's American Exceptional-ism BS is unfortunately all to common. They've tested nukes so much the Nevada desert will be glowing long after we're all dead and gone and the amount of toxic radioactive materials that we've been dumping or burying is a disaster that will pollute this planet for who knows how long.

Just like now they're talking about weaponizing the moon and space even though years ago we all collectively said nobody is allowed to do that. I'm sure they've already weaponized space already to some degree but anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

As time goes on, I am starting to hate scientists. Especially military ones

Look at it this way, scientists made this computer possible so I can post on ATS, but what's the point if they doomed humanity in the long run

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973 Americans are extremely confused on the subject and the Govt is always stalling moves like the Kyoto protocal.

Perhaps this is because they know they caused it and that CO2 is not the cause and there is nothing that can be done to stop it

Oh you are onto something, you are onto something

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

S & F it is interesting to see how many tests were done by the US /Russia /China over the years The Soviet Union conducted 715 nuclear tests (by the official count)[16] between 1949 and 1990, including 219 atmospheric, underwater, and space tests. .

The United States conducted around 1,054 nuclear tests (by official count) between 1945 and 1992, including 216 atmospheric, underwater, and space tests

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join