It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite Bible message?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
www.lds.org...

This is one of my most favorite New Testament videos. I love how powerfully Christ teaches.
Not looking for a debate, there are plenty of threads doing that already. I'm interested in your favorite spiritually uplifting Bible messages.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
my favorite bible verse -

Ezekiel 23:20- There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The Sermon on the Mount is my favorite message in the bible, this one in particular:

Matthew 6
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Not from the Bible, but a hilarious excerpt nonetheless.

"And having said this, Jesus smote his face with both his hands, and then smote the ground with his head. And having raised his head, he said: "Cursed be every one who shall insert into my sayings that I am the son of God." - Gospel of Barnabas - 53:6

(yes, yes - I know that the Gospel of Barnabas is considered by most to be a late pseudepigraphical text ).

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Such an awesome movie, my favorite since they try to keep it so close to scriptural accuracy. (I take that back for now as I thought this was the gospel of Matthew movie I knew, not discounting it yet though :p).

I like this one because it shows no matter what title people go by or what they declare, God judges and looks at the heart of a person, more so then anything else.

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." James 1:27

@Rokku haha shows God has a sense of humor, at least I think it's funny, though he uses that part to illustrate that Israel is acting like a whore lusting after big schlongs (I think is the context).

P.s. come on people let's respect this guys wishes, even he's a Mormon and not pushing the book of mormon so let's keep it to the 66 books and/or apocrypha please.

edit on 16-2-2015 by EhTheist because: human error

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: HAZE3

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

edit on 16-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ecclessiastes 3:19

For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; and man hath no preeminence above the beasts: for all is vanity.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Favorite bible message...

Love and patience tempered with strength in heart and duty unto your fellow man are the grace granted to those who walk a righteous path in order to live happily, humbly and in peace with all things.

more or less.

I like these verses:
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
-2 Timothy 4:7

children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
-1 John 4:4

And he hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
-Revelation 5:10

This is an altered version based off John 1:1-5, Its how I would write it.:

In the beginning was the Word, the word that is the power of creation, and the Word that is the power of creation was as one with God, and the Word was God in that God became and by the power of creation that made him he created.
This same type of union was in the beginning, with God in the same way. In the past beginning before this new beginning.
In all cases, All things were made by all consciousness of that union; and without the consciousness of that union was not any thing made that was made.
In that consciousness was life; and the life was the light of all people.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness will not overcome it.

edit on 2 16 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
"Have I not said, You are all gods? You can do what I've done and more"
Ch and Verse I don't know.....

Oh, Psalm 82:6

Do Psalms count?

edit on 2/16/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
"Have I not said, You are all gods? You can do what I've done and more"
Ch and Verse I don't know.....

Oh, Psalm 82:6

Do Psalms count?

Why wouldn't psalms count?

originally posted by: Tangerine

Ecclessiastes 3:19

For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; and man hath no preeminence above the beasts: for all is vanity.

While I agree with the message here, I'm not sure I agree that animals can be vain.

originally posted by: rokkuman

Ezekiel 23:20- There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

LoL, wow. Who is the verse referring to?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
14 Why should I take my flesh in my teeth And put my life in my hands?
15 Though He slay me, I will hope in Him. Nevertheless I will argue my ways before Him.
16 This also will be my salvation, For a godless man may not come before His presence.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Isaiah 58 strikes close to my heart...

"Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet. Declare to my people their rebellion and to the house of Jacob their sins.

For day after day they seek me out; they seem eager to know my ways, as if they were a nation that does what is right and has not forsaken the commands of its God. They ask me for just decisions and seem eager for God to come near them.

`Why have we fasted,' they say, `and you have not seen it? Why have we humbled ourselves, and you have not noticed?' "Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please and exploit all your workers.

Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife, and in striking each other with wicked fists. You cannot fast as you do today and expect your voice to be heard on high.

Is this the kind of fast I have chosen, only a day for a man to humble himself? Is it only for bowing one's head like a reed and for lying on sackcloth and ashes? Is that what you call a fast, a day acceptable to the LORD?

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?

Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-- when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness [1] will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. "If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.

"If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD's holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,

then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob." The mouth of the LORD has spoken.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
From the Old Testament

Proverbs 8
1 Does not wisdom call out?
Does not understanding raise her voice?
2 On the heights along the way,
where the paths meet, she takes her stand;
3 beside the gates leading into the city,
at the entrances, she cries aloud:
4 “To you, O men, I call out;
I raise my voice to all mankind.
5 You who are simple, gain prudence;
you who are foolish, gain understanding.
6 Listen, for I have worthy things to say;
I open my lips to speak what is right.
7 My mouth speaks what is true,
for my lips detest wickedness.

8 All the words of my mouth are just;
none of them is crooked or perverse.
9 To the discerning all of them are right;
they are faultless to those who have knowledge.
10 Choose my instruction instead of silver,
knowledge rather than choice gold,
11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies,
and nothing you desire can compare with her.
12 “I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence;
I possess knowledge and discretion.
13 To fear the LORD is to hate evil;
I hate pride and arrogance,
evil behavior and perverse speech.
14 Counsel and sound judgment are mine;
I have understanding and power.
15 By me kings reign
and rulers make laws that are just;
16 by me princes govern,
and all nobles who rule on earth.[a]
17 I love those who love me,
and those who seek me find me.
18 With me are riches and honor,
enduring wealth and prosperity.
19 My fruit is better than fine gold;
what I yield surpasses choice silver.
20 I walk in the way of righteousness,
along the paths of justice,
21 bestowing wealth on those who love me
and making their treasuries full.
22 “The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old;
23 I was appointed from eternity,
from the beginning, before the world began.
24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth,
when there were no springs abounding with water;
25 before the mountains were settled in place,
before the hills, I was given birth,
26 before he made the earth or its fields
or any of the dust of the world.
27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,
when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep,
28 when he established the clouds above
and fixed securely the fountains of the deep,
29 when he gave the sea its boundary
so the waters would not overstep his command,
and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.
30 Then I was the craftsman at his side.
I was filled with delight day after day,
rejoicing always in his presence,
31 rejoicing in his whole world
and delighting in mankind.

32 “Now then, my sons, listen to me;
blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
do not ignore it.
34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway.
35 For whoever finds me finds life
and receives favor from the LORD.
36 But whoever fails to find me harms himself;
all who hate me love death.”

And from Jesus

Gospel of Thomas verse 3
Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

- JC

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

thx pal... ykhya

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks."
Psalm 137:9

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Psalm 23 King James Version (KJV)

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Also:

Psalm 22 King James Version (KJV)

22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

2 O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

8 He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

23 Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

edit on 7-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Jesus is the best part imo.

(Rev 19:10) And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said to me, See, do not do it! I am your fellow servant, and of your brothers who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God, for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

(Rev 19:11) And I saw Heaven opened. And behold, a white horse! And He sitting on him was called Faithful and True. And in righteousness He judges and makes war.

(Rev 19:12) And His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head many crowns. And He had a name written, one that no one knew except Himself.

(Rev 19:13) And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

(Rev 19:14) And the armies in Heaven followed Him on white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

(Rev 19:15) And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, so that with it He should strike the nations. And He will shepherd them with a rod of iron. And He treads the winepress of the wine of the anger and of the wrath of Almighty God.

(Rev 19:16) And He has on His garment, and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
There's so many to pick from it's hard to choose!

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 – "If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to deathThen all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid."

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his words, And the deeds of a man's hands will return to him. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But a wise man is he who listens to counsel. A fool's anger is known at once, But a prudent man conceals dishonor.…

edit on 8-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by rokkuman

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
A man will be satisfied with good by the fruit of his words, And the deeds of a man's hands will return to him. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, But a wise man is he who listens to counsel. A fool's anger is known at once, But a prudent man conceals dishonor.…

Proverb 21:2-3
2 All a man’s ways seem right to him,
but the LORD weighs the heart.
3 To do what is right and just
is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

- JC

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join