It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student records substitute teacher allegedly bullying him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
School officials investigate substitute teacher on bullying allegations

A substitute teacher at Streamwood High School has been suspended and accused of helping a student harass and bully a classmate.

Horrified – that’s the best way to describe how the family of one special-needs student is feeling after a substitute teacher allegedly joined in on bullying a student in class at Streamwood High.

The student, named Stephen, recorded video on his cell phone as it was happening on Thursday. He says another student scribbled a cartoon on an electronic chalkboard and tried to write his name next to it.

“I was absolutely livid,” the student, freshman Stephen Davis, tells Jones. He says he has been bullied at high school because of his size.

“This is the first time the teacher has actually done it,” he says.

He says the district knows about the video and is investigating the substitute teacher.

I'm sorry, the one person who is supposed to protect you from the class is supposed to be the teacher. They're not suppose to chime in and make it worse! Considering this is a special needs student, chances are the weight is most likely caused by medications they are on. I say this because certain medications my daughter used to be on for behavioral problems related to autism and ADHD caused massive weight gain! The school would then complain she needed to go on a diet or change her meds. We changed her meds, she began picking at her fingers and getting blood all over her desk. (Another side effect) Again, I was told to change her meds. Dang schools think they're doctors now.

Special needs student films the moment his teacher writes that he is an 'ugly a$$' in front of the whole class

A bullied student frequently picked on by students was victimized by the one person expected to help him in those situations - his teacher.

Stephen Davis, 15, a freshman at Streamwood High School in Illinois, watched in horror as a cartoon-like sketch with buck teeth, hairy ears, bloodshot eyes, tentacles, a scar and a runny nose was labeled as 'Stephen's ugly ass' by a substitute teacher, who did this in front of his entire math class.

Davis, who weighs 330 pounds, recorded the entire incident on his phone, leaving no doubt as to what the teacher did.

Youtube took the video down, but it's still up at the Daily Mail link.

This as the school's two vice principals acknowledged that Stephen is 'always helpful and respectful toward his teachers.'

Now Stephen is taking a stand, and he and his family have shown the boy's video to school administrators.

'No other family should have to go through this suffering. This is unimaginable,' said Stephen.

'It's humiliating, and no one should ever have to go through that, and just the fact that it was a teacher makes it even worse,' said Brianna Davis.

'No one should do this to anyone, let alone a child.'

John Heiderscheidt, the district's coordinator of safety and security, said; 'We've reviewed the posting on Facebook and are examining any evidence or statements regarding the incident and anybody who might be involved.'

The teacher, who has not be identified, has been suspended.

Personally I hope this teacher is fired from teaching for good. Anyone that bullies kids are the lowest of the low in my book. Especially special needs kids!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Waiting outside for that teacher to get off of work would sooooo be worth a few nights in jail....

YMMV of course. Had that been my child, all of us would have likely been in jail before the sun set that day.

This is completely outrageous and I am livid for this child and his parents.

He should NEVER... and I mean NEVER be allowed to teach again. EVER.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

You can thank the teacher's union for another stinky pile of 'approved educator'.

Then again, this was a substitute so, maybe not union.
edit on 15-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
you know its funny in my first year in high school, we had a fairly psycho welding teacher. GThere was a big guy in the class, he was kind of a jock bully, but the teacher loved to pick on him because he knew the guy like to pick on weaker students. I mean he actually pushed him into a wall and then got him into a choke hold until he passed out for a few seconds. The kid was daring him saying see what happens. When he woke up about fifteen seconds later teach just goes "so tell me now whats going to happen?" and he just replies # you and everyone laughs.

Even gave the kid a bloody lip the same month. The big kid just kept shrugging it off trying to e a tough guy. Nobody ever reported it. Student did not really feel like he was being bullied because the teacher would only get physical when the kid was being a jerk to others. He even thought it was funny.

Some circumstances are too shocking to believe sometimes. Big boy could take the hurt though.

In this case however, its clearly not like what I witnessed in class and is uncalled for. And as far as the side effect to those ADHD meds, I would rather deal with the symptoms of that than the side affects jeez. Why are people screwing their kids heads up? The pills are clearly just making them worse psychologically and physiologically .

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Suspended? Screw that. Fired, preferably on a rocket sled, directly into the face of a solid rock formation of several million tonnes in weight.

Bullying is a soft term, for an awful thing, which in any other environment than a school, would often be called one or another sort of crime.

Teachers should know better than this. I do not know what more I can say.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Suspended? Screw that. Fired, preferably on a rocket sled, directly into the face of a solid rock formation of several million tonnes in weight.

Bullying is a soft term, for an awful thing, which in any other environment than a school, would often be called one or another sort of crime.

Teachers should know better than this. I do not know what more I can say.

I'm with you there Brit! How they didn't just outright fire the guy is beyond me. Then again, they might be waiting to finish their "investigation". For me, all I'd have to do is see the dang video. Boom! Investigation complete, you're out of a job pal!

top topics

join