It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Cannabis lollies' spark outrage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Police and trading standards officers are investigating the sale of sweets called "cannabis lollies".
The green lollies, labelled as containing hemp extract, have been sent for analysis after going on sale in shops in Leeds.

Trading standards chiefs were alerted by a mother who complained that the sweets may lead children into drug use.

Angela Nichol, of New Farnley, Leeds, feared the lollipops glamorised drug taking.

"I went into a local shop and saw them on the counter, I was stuck for words," she said.

"I mean, there's a big enough drug problem as it is. These lollies are selling for 30p when ordinary lollies are about 10p, the kids are going to think they're something special.

"It's like the forbidden fruit. There's all this in the news about cannabis being downgraded, a child might eat a lolly and think cannabis tastes like this and go on to bigger things."

The lollies, which come in a tub with a cannabis leaf motif on the front, are thought to have been made in Germany and sold to retailers in the Leeds area by a wholesaler in Bradford.

More: news.bbc.co.uk...

Even I will agree that this is a bit much. Making money is one thing, but this is just as twisted as candy cigarettes.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Is there any actual cannibis content? If there is thc content they should be banned, targeting kids is not on! Recently theres been outrage at Alcopops!
www.cheresources.com...
www.findarticles.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Sounds like some idea a bunch of people came up with while they were high....lol

They give us responsible users a bad name....I can't believe they'd actually make a product and market it to kids....of course, I'm sure that will be their defense (that they weren't marketing to kids - pffft!)....That is, IF they remember to go to court

[edit on 12/17/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
lol, that is pretty wrong, but it is still pretty funny. Getting high on candy.......
Ya that would prolly bump weed usage ahead of coc aine, at least coke use is higher where i live. not saying i do that crap tho.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsoul
Getting high on candy.......

Get your buzz and munchie fix all in one serving
Man, can we be any lazyier?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by dragonsoul
Getting high on candy.......

Get your buzz and munchie fix all in one serving
Man, can we be any lazyier?

Then when you get thirsty:w: you can reach for your Bong Water

www.drinkbongwater.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've had one of these Canabis lollies about a 8 months ago in Tucson, AZ. There really isnt a 'ganja' taste to it, just filled with enough sugar to rot your skull. If there is hemp material in the candy I couldnt taste it. It's just a gimmick.

Note: And no, I didnt get high

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Then when you get thirsty:w: you can reach for your Bong Water

I knew this girl a long time ago that filled her bong woth Jack Danials. Once a week she would change it. She would turn her bong up and chug the Jack and all the other crap. It would make me gag just watching her do it

join