It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Teens" riot in FL mall. Media totally silent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Actually it does matter.

Typically when making a police report and trying to identify a suspect, or group of suspects physical features matter.

We live in a physical world, and that is how we identify everything.

If blacks are the cause of a crime, then that is exactly how the description should be, if whites are the cause then that is how the description should be.

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Doesn't matter what "color" they were, they could have hurt people with their antics.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Oh dear, it seems the liberal apologists are trying to take an extremely dangerous situation and make it seem like a couple of fights.

When you have 800 - 900 youths of whatever colour running, fighting, shooting and stealing its a major breakdown in innocent persons safety. And what is with the excuse that low arrest numbers mean it was blown out of proportion?

With 900 people rampaging against a mere handful of cops what are the chances the Police will get themselves in to a position where they confront all these people?

At best the Police end up picking up the strays and I'd imagine that every cop especially the white cops are pretty unwilling to un-holster their weapons in case THEY become the next so called bad cop on the team. Personally with that number of youths with some being armed and firing as a cop I'd be pretty damn scared for my life.

And then we get to the uncomfortable elephant in the room that the liberals either try and avoid or use it to attack others with, the simple FACT that its a black phenomenon and has been seen NUMEROUS times all over America.

There you go, I said it, its a Black thing....

Just as if it was a white, Asian, middle Eastern or any skin colour or religion practice, I'd note the fact, that does not make me a racist, I'm just saying what happened and how it has become an unhealthy trend in the states. I'm certainly not saying ALL black youths do this and I know plenty of black members that would feel sick to see the kids doing this.

I just wish people would stop this angle to call everyone a racist at the drop of a hat, its the same when you mention Islam in a critical way, suddenly you are labelled a racist even though Islam isn't a race. No folks, I'm no racist, I just tell the truth and you can like it or lump it.

And yes, 900 youths running around with weapons stealing and attacking anyone IS wrong, the fact its turned in to a trend is even more worrying. Personally I'd love to see the parents held more accountable for their children's behaviour with certain circumstances taken in to consideration, I see too many of the mothers saying their kids are angels but also know their kids are partaking in all this crap and not doing anything to try and stop them, hell, I've even seen some of the mothers there helping them do this nonsense..
edit on 16-2-2015 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Isn't the PC police so disgustingly annoying every time something like this comes up? Apologist liberal fools that dance around any controversial issue for fear of 'hurt feelings'. Truth hurts badly, doesn't it?

God forbid, we point out that these largely black mobs are invading malls and businesses across the country, stealing, fighting, causing riots. And of course, the chicken chit PC mainstream media rarely ever covers it. The cops will only ever arrest a few people. -No one ever has a clue where their parents were-. At what point do people call it for what it is: a violent narcissistic culture that is completely out of control, self-entitled, angry, and hell-bent on causing trouble and mischief for others. Do you want to go to the mall knowing these animals can show up anytime and cause harm to your family? I feel sorry for the business owners. One by one, these malls and centers fall by the wayside because (wait for it) -no one wants to go there anymore- (just like the neighborhoods).

There's no hyperbole here. Look it up... these mall/store mobs are happening nearly every week in different parts of the country, but you won't see much if any of it covered on PC dreck like CNN or MSNBC, that's for damned sure. A couple of months ago we had a couple of these in Indy. Of course, no one can speak any real truth about it, or some liberal idiot pulls out the race card.

Anytime some idiot yells "WORLD STARRRR!", they should have their tongues removed.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Actually it does matter.

Typically when making a police report and trying to identify a suspect, or group of suspects physical features matter.

We live in a physical world, and that is how we identify everything.

If blacks are the cause of a crime, then that is exactly how the description should be, if whites are the cause then that is how the description should be.

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Doesn't matter what "color" they were, they could have hurt people with their antics.

AMEN!

Personally, as much as PC has infected me, I'd be one for saying "the instigators were mostly dark skinned, most likely african american or such".....

Let me take that back, I'm not being PC, I'm being what I was raised (and amazingly so during the 70's) to be. For me, to say that they were "black", says african american, and tends to confer generalities which is something I was raised not to do.

But, I've learned.....stereotypes usually have their grounds in reality. But to believe that all subjects that such a stereotype is to be used to describe are to be expected to behave identically, is not correct nor fair.

Regardless of my upbringings, I do agree strongly with your post, Realtruth

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: mysterioustranger
When you have a protest for some reason in the streets about some affair, how many were arrested is not the issue, the cause and the damage is the issue not to mention the sort of people doing the rioting.

Yea, it's all about the types of people...and what do we know about these people? Oh yea...they were black...scary stuff!

What century is this again?

At times it's hard to tell what century we're in when you read these stories of certain groups of people rioting and acting violent for absolutely no reason. It's a throwback to a tribal mentality from last century.

So you are okay with referring to blacks as a 'sort of person' you should particularly be worried about, and expect the worst? Forget it, I'm going to stop getting into race-related issues on ATS, it seems acceptance of stereotyping, and saying negative things about blacks, is truly majority opinion around here...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Heh, I'm sure it is terrible, I mean being surround by hundreds of black teenagers hell bent on mayhem and destruction. And then alleged gun shots and fighting.

But let's go to the source of this outrage.

Shots fired as hundreds of teens rush Ocoee movie theater.

Ah, kids being kids. Badass kids being badass kids. No injuries during this incident. Someone got robbed and they kids raised hell in the food court. The cops in the area where instantly on this incident.

Hm, no one got hurt, wonder why it's not being reported on the news.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: intrptr

Did you stop reading in the middle?

[…] A whole bunch of kids came in the store and just started stealing stuff,” witness Taylor Davis said. “They (were) just taking everything out of the store, and then the kids (were) just trying to fight the owner, and everybody was just trying to fight.”

“Our main concern is this: These are middle and high school kids going to a public movie theater, some armed with guns, some firing guns, some fighting in the parking lot, disturbing everyone else there. Not only that, but putting them in danger with the the violence they’re creating,” Orange County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Paul Hopkins said.

Yet another reason to avoid the high population density areas of the US. Those areas are becoming free for all looting zones by mobs. And all the while, the "Cops" stand off out of fear of another Ferguson.

This can't and won't end well. And come this summer, I'd expect this trend will produce a spill over effect into the economic figures, which might well explain so many Wall Street Analysts being seriously down on retail at the moment, (which frankly surprised me considering the improving economic numbers). But...online shopping, Amazon and UPS/FED Ex should make out like bandits.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
wow the op is a obviously racist. want to promote that black crime huh . smh
edit on 16-2-2015 by ShaeTheShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
it is not a majority opinion on ATS. It just so happens only the simple minded visit these threads and so they will usually be the only ones posting for the most part. Yea you are going to be outnumbered. I just come for the lulz.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
a reply to: UnBreakable

Or in some cases, no difference in 4000 years. Some cultures have advanced significantly in that period, others seemingly not at all. "Culture is genetics gone to seed."

Sadly I agree we all need to advance.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Interesting that in a town where the population is 81% white, people here assume the kids were black.

This.

Yeah and that citys black population is 6.5%. So if 900 black kids showed up to bum rush. That means that every able bodied black kid that lives in that city was there.

That sounds almost impossible.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner

originally posted by: MrSpad
Interesting that in a town where the population is 81% white, people here assume the kids were black.

This.

Yeah and that citys black population is 6.5%. So if 900 black kids showed up to bum rush. That means that every able bodied black kid that lives in that city was there.

That sounds almost impossible.

Also its obvious that MrSpad never read the report properly as it was the Police who pointed out about the black kids, we never had to assume anything, the reports clearly identify the youths as black. And yes, if 900 of the 6.5% turned up then it shows the precise nature of a large percentage of the black populations morals towards the place.

Sadly, not just to that place, the same blatant disregard for human respect and business seems to be prevalent in many black communities.

The great man, MLK did so much to give black people power, respect and privilege and look what a lot of the youth do, makes a mockery of that man's sacrifice. These days its about almost everything bad and churning out children with zero thought about anything other than them being just as bad as the parents..A badge of pride for them.
edit on 16-2-2015 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

When you have a protest for some reason in the streets about some affair, how many were arrested is not the issue, the cause and the damage is the issue not to mention the sort of people doing the rioting.

Yea, it's all about the types of people...and what do we know about these people? Oh yea...they were black...scary stuff!

At times it's hard to tell what century we're in when you read these stories of certain groups of people rioting and acting violent for absolutely no reason. It's a throwback to a tribal mentality from last century.

So you are okay with referring to blacks as a 'sort of person' you should particularly be worried about, and expect the worst? Forget it, I'm going to stop getting into race-related issues on ATS, it seems acceptance of stereotyping, and saying negative things about blacks, is truly majority opinion around here...

Where did I use the word 'blacks'? Seems like your latent racism is coming to the surface.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

Some reports mentioned that many likely came from Orlando, and that the population demographics of Ocoee are skewed because of the high Puerto Rican population of blacks that get listed as Hispanic.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
a reply to: BerenstEiner

Some reports mentioned that many likely came from Orlando, and that the population demographics of Ocoee are skewed because of the high Puerto Rican population of blacks that get listed as Hispanic.

And this.

This is why the word "Hispanic" should have never been invented.

Because hispanic is not a race. And theres all kinds of Dominicans, Cubans, and Puerto Ricans who are black, that will mark "Hispanic" when asked what race are you?

Its wrong, and it makes "hispanics" hate eachother.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Where did I use the word 'blacks'? Seems like your latent racism is coming to the surface.

The article specified only that the individuals were black...I responded to someone saying basically how you have to watch out for 'those types' of people...and I pointed out that the only 'types' he could possibly be referring to is blacks, and that to act as though they are somehow inherently more dangerous or something, is prejudice. And that is an indication of my latent racism? It's pretty funny how whenever someone defends against racism, they get called racist...there's no logic to it of course, but it is funny, in a nonsensical and irrational sort of way.
edit on 16-2-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Same tactic as when reporting negative news on a politician. If it's a Republican, they mention Republican every time they say the name. If it's a Democrat, they maybe mention it once at the end if at all.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
'Blacks are dangerous and violent, we need to watch out for them': not racist
'It's prejudice to paint an entire race with a broad stroke of negativity': racist

Ah, ATS logic...gotta love it...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

In any other first world country, the race would not be a factor in the reporting...

Only in a America!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This is being soooo far out of proportion. I have never experienced the disconnect between media and truth so much until now.

I was present for this "riot"

In was attending a movie at the mall as I live 3 miles away. First of all this mall is on the verge of closing as it has been for the past two years. There are never more than 50 people in the mall aside from employees. Most stores are closed. Only jcpennies and belk still remain of the anchor stores.

Regardless of status of the mall the impromptu "riot" was maybe 25-30 kids...mostly African American but certainly not all.....acting rowdy and causing a confrontation with police.

No where near 100....//let alone 1000

And by no means a riot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join