It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Teens" riot in FL mall. Media totally silent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The article labeled the disturbers as "Kids". These are young THUGS, plain and simple.

Time to move my Mossberg 12 gauge from the gun vault to the back car seat.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Cuervo

Media's telling the truth for once. If you ask me it's a rare instance of journalistic integrity. Now how soon before the entire thread gets called racist and the source is derided?

When you start an article out talking about "a thousand blacks", you are obviously pandering to a very specific segment of society with very specific opinions on minorities.

You'll never read an article from the AP start out like that.

Just because you think the word "black" is racist doesnt mean it is.....

Get over it man your Political corectness is out of control.........

The reason some of the media wont use the word "black" is because of PC bullsnip......

We are the only country in the world who puts the word "African" before American do you know that? There are no African Englanders, there are no African Scotts.....theres no such thing as African Irish.....

I actually know a white guy HERE in the US from AFRICA , immigrated, he actually was joking with me in a pub about how technically he could be considered an African-American now because he is actually FROM Africa, we almost got in a fight with two black guys who have never even BEEN to Africa, because he had the nerve to say he was African American......

This crap needs to stop, and people like YOU need to stop perpetuating it

Hear, hear!!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

So ......not saying that it was all blacks.....

But what if it was? Is that insensitive or is it just reporting the story?

Why was it every time we hear a story its "white cop, black teen"? Is that appropriate or do you conisder that pandering as well....

No... that's not what I was saying. If somebody has an issue with there being some perceived lack of reporting on the skin color of people involved in a riot, there are professional ways to write about it. That article was clearly not one of those examples.

The complaint --you feel you hear about color when it's a black person being victimized but not when the perpetrator is black-- has some merit. I won't argue that. The media uses ethnicity and skin color to sway opinion whenever it suits them (both liberal and conservative sources) but, again, that's not what I was griping about.

And yes, I admit it; I was just griping about it. I didn't mean for it to become some huge derailment. I think the source is geared towards those who already have a bias about minorities. Again, it's obvious by looking at the site itself. The argument itself is a different story and I sort of get it.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
So we automatically know who was involved. The Breitbart site says 900-1000 "teens".

Those are 900-1000 sets of bastard parents that should be held liable for this BS.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, time will tell, but to me, this story stinks.

1000 blacks storming through a mall stealing things and fighting with "owners", some armed and some shooting off guns and some fighting the parking lot? WTH?

Only two arrests?

Stinks I tell ya!

edit on 15-2-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would not call this a "riot" in the sense everyone was expecting. This was a bunch of moronic teenagers bum-rushing a movie theater for the sake of it, five-finger-discounting things because they can, and causing a sh**storm because, duh, they're teenagers.

This was in the Orlando area. Orlando's not exactly known for the kids having much self-control, they have a horrible reputation around the rest of the state for being the "Inland Animals". Looks like they lived up to the nickname all right.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
How did 900 kids organize? That's the real question.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

My guess is social media. Maybe a flash mob?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

cell phone flash mob.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I thought the new police state could keep tabs on this sort of thing. Maybe they planted the seed. Who knows. It's hard to get up 900 people without notice. Why wasn't that in the story?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Just another area being overrun and turf claimed by gentle youth.

Afterwards, everybody will know who 'owns' that turf. Very few with incorrect skin color will breach it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Flash mob, the same principle as no pants NYC subway ride.
Welcome to twitter/tex messages. One person thought it would be a great idea , and the other Lemmings followed.

Btw saying that it was Black teens, nothing wrong with that, just be as bold and consistent
when reporting.

LOSTinAMERICA the above was not directed at you but to folks who love themselves some Brietbart.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well...looks like it's not the first time
Here's from April...smaller scale practice run?

Action starts at about 30 seconds & only lasts a few seconds...don't waste your time with the rest of the video...the guy filming it obviously had no idea what was going on & no editing skills either apparently.

Concerning the discussion about the race of the participants...I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

edit on 15-2-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The media sure as hell makes sure to report the race of both people every time it's a white cop shooting a black suspect though...kind of a double standard there don't you think?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I thought the new police state could keep tabs on this sort of thing. Maybe they planted the seed. Who knows. It's hard to get up 900 people without notice. Why wasn't that in the story?

The police state were distracted.... watching 50 shades of gray.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarstorm

What's the deal with 50 shades of gray??? Why has that movie become the talking point lately with so many??? Why is it the latest thorn in their sides???

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

No idea...I don't get it...graphic novels have been around for years...but whatever

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'm 50 and there's shades of gray. That's probably why I can't wrap my head around this story or flash mobs in general. they will tell us that now they need to have your facebook, twitter, and any other social media monitored at all times for the good of everyone. I can't believe we've fallen this far in such a short time span. I miss the quiet times.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc

The media sure as hell makes sure to report the race of both people every time it's a white cop shooting a black suspect though...kind of a double standard there don't you think?

No it's every time they shoot an unarmed Black suspect which happened a lot more than flash mob Black kids.
The above Pumkin festival riot was not widely reported and certainly not reported as rioting "White folks" this could include celebrations of ball games etc, if BrietBart covered this story with the same caption Hundreds Of White Kids Rioted Somewhere someone pls lead me to it .
Again mentioning the ethnic type of both perp and victim is not a sin, but being inconsistent is.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Lol good thing you are the job hey

The article labeled the disturbers as "Kids". These are young THUGS, plain and simple. Time to move my Mossberg 12 gauge from the gun vault to the back car seat.

Go get em tiger
...how many rounds in the 12 gauge ?

On topic damn that is a lot of kids ...i bet they had a few people freaking out...clearly the guberment need to come up with some other forms of entertainment for these young ens ....the tv just doesnt cut it anymore

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join