It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Teens" riot in FL mall. Media totally silent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So we automatically know who was involved. The Breitbart site says 900-1000 "teens".
www.100percentfedup.com...

"A St. Valentine’s Day riot by nearly a thousand blacks in Ocoee, Florida, has once again highlighted the shocking lengths to which the controlled media will go to cover up black crime—in strong contrast to their reporting of any crimes committed by whites."

newobserveronline.com...

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

one juvenile was arrested for battery and resisting an officer without violence, and a second was arrested on misdemeanor drug charges.”

Some riot. Who's wanting to blow it out of proportion?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

And only 2 arrests? One resisting and one misdemeanor out of 1,000 any-color kids?

Reporting this isn't the only fail, huh?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

The media was not totally, at least not the Daily Mail the British on-line newspaper edition for the US. I read the account there about three hours ago.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I don't understand how you judge the extent of the disturbance by the arrest of one or two individuals. When you have a protest for some reason in the streets about some affair, how many were arrested is not the issue, the cause and the damage is the issue not to mention the sort of people doing the rioting. PCness strikes again and quickly.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tusks
A St. Valentine’s Day riot by nearly a thousand blacks in Ocoee, Florida,

I can safely assume that any words following this will have just as much journalistic integrity as what preceded it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Media's telling the truth for once. If you ask me it's a rare instance of journalistic integrity. Now how soon before the entire thread gets called racist and the source is derided?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Did you stop reading in the middle?

[…] A whole bunch of kids came in the store and just started stealing stuff,” witness Taylor Davis said. “They (were) just taking everything out of the store, and then the kids (were) just trying to fight the owner, and everybody was just trying to fight.”

“Our main concern is this: These are middle and high school kids going to a public movie theater, some armed with guns, some firing guns, some fighting in the parking lot, disturbing everyone else there. Not only that, but putting them in danger with the the violence they’re creating,” Orange County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Paul Hopkins said.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
“Orange County deputies are trying to figure out why hundreds of teenagers suddenly rushed into the movie theater at West Oaks Mall in Ocoee Saturday night.

“Deputies said as many as 900 kids, described as being in middle or high school, attempted to rush the theater at once.

“Nearly 300 teenagers were able to get in before the security gates were closed. Police said a group of about 100 rushed into the theater and continued causing a disturbance.

“Witnesses said several fights broke out with reports of shots fired.

“‘At that point, since we’re dealing with 800 to 900 juveniles, they called for assistance from surrounding agencies,’ said Lt. Paul Hopkins of the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. ‘We all formed together and were successfully able to get all these kids out of the mall area.’

“Police said one juvenile was arrested for battery and resisting arrest. A second juvenile was arrested for misdemeanor drug charges.”

Once again, there was no mention of the race of the “teens.”

The Orlando Sentinel also ignored the race of the “teens,” as did WKMG Orlando, and WESH 2 Orlando, which also revealed that “investigators said the teens moved across Colonial Drive and gathered at a nearby gas station.

“‘A whole bunch of kids came in the store and just started stealing stuff,’ witness Taylor Davis said. ‘They (were) just taking everything out of the store, and then the kids (were) just trying to fight the owner, and everybody was just trying to fight.’

“‘Our main concern is this: These are middle and high school kids going to a public movie theater, some armed with guns, some firing guns, some fighting in the parking lot, disturbing everyone else there. Not only that, but putting them in danger with the violence they’re creating,’ Orange County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Paul Hopkins said.”

"None so deaf as those that will not hear. None so blind as those that will not see."

Matthew Henry

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I wasn't judging...only commenting on the OP story link provided

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Media's telling the truth for once. If you ask me it's a rare instance of journalistic integrity. Now how soon before the entire thread gets called racist and the source is derided?

When you start an article out talking about "a thousand blacks", you are obviously pandering to a very specific segment of society with very specific opinions on minorities.

You'll never read an article from the AP start out like that.

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Tusks
A St. Valentine’s Day riot by nearly a thousand blacks in Ocoee, Florida,

I can safely assume that any words following this will have just as much journalistic integrity as what preceded it.

Why because the word BLACK is in it? OH NOS!

Seriously? is that where you claim your moral highground?

Give me a break

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I usually find when race is not mentioned it's a bunch of white people but we have to wait for more information to find the races

+41 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

When you start an article out talking about "a thousand blacks", you are obviously pandering to a very specific segment of society with very specific opinions on minorities.

You'll never read an article from the AP start out like that.

Just because you think the word "black" is racist doesnt mean it is.....

Get over it man your Political corectness is out of control.........

The reason some of the media wont use the word "black" is because of PC bullsnip......

We are the only country in the world who puts the word "African" before American do you know that? There are no African Englanders, there are no African Scotts.....theres no such thing as African Irish.....

I actually know a white guy HERE in the US from AFRICA , immigrated, he actually was joking with me in a pub about how technically he could be considered an African-American now because he is actually FROM Africa, we almost got in a fight with two black guys who have never even BEEN to Africa, because he had the nerve to say he was African American......

This crap needs to stop, and people like YOU need to stop perpetuating it
edit on 2/15/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
So after spending some time looking the only place race is mentioned is in forums like this and reddit every news page say the same thing no race is said. Guess you can see where people's mind set is at on the fourm pages

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't see race as an issue in this story. I would be afraid of 1,000 out of control teens regardless of color. The facts in this case are that they had guns, were engaging in violence and stealing.

I believe the story is worthy of reporting, but I don't think that the media failed to report it for reasons related to race. I think the race card gets played too much by whites and blacks.

We are all humans and should be judged by that standard not our color.
edit on 2015/2/15 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Obviously, calling somebody "black" is not derogatory. It's an adjective, not a noun. I am not "a white" but I'm "white". There may have been "a thousand black people" but "a thousand blacks" (especially in the context of this article) is clearly meant to speak to a certain audience.

I don't know how a person can pretend not to see it.

I'm not the kind of person who corrects people and say "African American" (I don't know any black people from Africa) but even I can tell that summing up somebody's person-hood with a color is disrespectful. My point was you can tell what sort of source it is when they write like that.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

So ......not saying that it was all blacks.....

But what if it was? Is that insensitive or is it just reporting the story?

Why was it every time we hear a story its "white cop, black teen"? Is that appropriate or do you conisder that pandering as well....

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Well I for one commend the media for actually telling the truth. I'd rather be truly informed than be partially informed with sugar on top and a badge of approval from the NAACP.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cloudsstar

Yeah, seekers of truth and not state-approved appeasement.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join