It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Times are Headed for D.C. - And a Whole Lot of Cannabis Chaos

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
I posted some professional scientific research on this thread and i have to say the responses so far have been rather concerning.

I do not need a lecture on what is /isn't valid research, I am perfectly able to tell, thank you.

Furthermore, it is obvious that there is a lot of denial going on regards this research, from those that are clearly pro legalization.

Denial of what? What are you trying to insinuate about marijuana with that research? That marijuana is harmful? Because that is a reach, even with your research.

You can have your opinions, but shouting ''propaganda'' just because it doesn't suit your own agenda is both puerile and delusional. If it was research about anything else, chances are you wouldn't be shouting ''propaganda''.

It IS propaganda as the other posters have pointed out. Scientists don't use street slang when doing real research. Your bias and blind hate of a plant is blinding you to this.

Clearly those responding are not scientists doing this research and have no place for calling it a sham just because they don't want it to be true.

Clearly, you aren't a scientist either.

As for comparing it to alcohol and tobacco, those are other areas that need fixing in society, this thread is not about those.

I won't comment anymore on this thread as it is pointless due to the levels of defensiveness for an agenda.

Typical anti-legalization argument. Drop in, post a dubious study that tries to demonize the plant then get offended and flee the thread when everyone calls you on your BS. Why do you care so badly what others put in their body anyways?

Suffice to say, let's hope the research filters through to those that need to know, to those potentially suffering psychosis due to drug taking. let's hope they refrain and prevent the ruination of their brains.

Yes, because this paper is what is going to stop some brain damaged individual from not self-medicating... *eye roll*.

I have worked front line trying to rehabilitate the drug addled scourges of society and have been in psychiatric meetings of those that ''went over the edge'' and never returned. Let's hope for them and society that people do take notice of this real and valid research for the sake of the truth and for the good direction of civilization.

How many of those people have been addicted and had their lives destroyed by marijuana and marijuana ALONE? Answer me this, how many people have died from marijuana use?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

You can have your opinions, but shouting ''propaganda'' just because it doesn't suit your own agenda is both puerile and delusional. If it was research about anything else, chances are you wouldn't be shouting ''propaganda''.

Poorly done research is just that, poorly done. Don't get mad at us for pointing out the flaws in their science. Be angry at them for not doing their job's proper.

Clearly those responding are not scientists doing this research and have no place for calling it a sham just because they don't want it to be true.

My husband is a pediatrician whose been invovled in many research projects for Cannabis, along with myself, since I have worked directly as a consultant regarding policy and research for private industry and the Canadian Gov.

It's not about it not being true, it's about the science not making sense.

I won't comment anymore on this thread as it is pointless due to the levels of defensiveness for an agenda.

I would imagine that's not the case, but because you have no real argument, since your 'studies' have been shown to be faulty, and you refuse to accept that possibility. You just call bias and move along with your life.

Pot meet kettle.

Let's hope for them and society that people do take notice of this real and valid research for the sake of the truth and for the good direction of civilization.

It's not valid research, as we have shown you.

Here is some valid research:

Cannabis: A New Frontier in Therapeutics

Cannabis Use and Onset of Mania

This is probably the one that should have been mentioned, since they actually discuss the study itself and what it actually shows.

Schizophrenia and weight gain: A new explanation?

Patient use of cannabis in epilepsy

Possible use of medical marijuana for depression

Funny how many studies show the benefits of using cannabis to combat certain mental illness.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Russia, Iran/ME and North Korea all pushing our buttons and we're gonna be all like 'hey dudes, chill and take a toke out'. Then they'll be like 'Hi-Yaaah, take that you evil POS' as our heads roll off the couch onto the floor.

On another note, they're opening the door for other states to legalize and stop all the stupid jailings. I truly hope that this becomes contagious and all the states legalize.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Russia, Iran/ME and North Korea all pushing our buttons and we're gonna be all like 'hey dudes, chill and take a toke out'.

if only, still at least you go out with smile on yer face

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join