It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's last stand documentary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

I live in one apparently.
Never had trouble at all....

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ismail
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The west has been bombing muslim cities since forever. The war is already on. We are the aggressor. We are the ones butchering civilians by the thousands over there, financing civil wars and arming jihadist extremists. And we wonder why there is a radicalisation of that particular religion, and we cry when about how incomprehensible it is when violence happens in our cities, and when we are the ones to lose a few innocent lives.

This stated long before we went into Iraq... but to be honest, I don't think Iraq was the root of today's issues. It just gave them a training ground and equipment. Which in all honesty is exactly what I think Bush was hoping for.

Islams hatred against all things west and non-islam was always there, we just gave them a public cause.

But Islam's movement into other nations isn't something that was bred from Iraq or our bombing countries. there really are fanatics who go to civilised places, preach with the sole aim of training suicide bombers for their own gain.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I never mentioned Irak. It goes back to FAR before that."Islam" doesn't hate the west. "Some Muslims" hate the west, and to be honest we have been giving them sufficient cause for over half a century.

-The Anglo-American Petroleum Agreement of 1944
-The syrian coup d'Etat of 1949
-The toppling of the Mossadegh regime in 1953
- The Suez Crisis, 1956
-The 6 day war
-Iran-Contra
-The arming of the Afghan Mujahideen
-Desert Storm

ETC ETC ETC

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ismail
Really.

Do you mean that there are places where you would avoid going because of ghettoisation and crime, or that there are actual "Muslim enclaves" within Great Britain.

If you are arguing the second option, please back that up with one single factual report.
I don't need factual reports I can tell you that from personal experience.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
He is right though. We are reaping what we sow. The voices of the few are now louder than the voices of the many. That's because the media are creating a bogeyman for us.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642
He is right though. We are reaping what we sow. The voices of the few are now louder than the voices of the many. That's because the media are creating a bogeyman for us.

Not really. Islam has been a worry for a long time. Check out this New Zealand newspaper article from 1912

paperspast.natlib.govt.nz...

And this snippet from 1910, whereby they are proclaiming a 'milennium of Islam'

paperspast.natlib.govt.nz...
edit on 18-2-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

You do realise what the historical context was in the middle east when that was reported, right ?
(hint : in 1912 the west was colonizing the arab world at the point of the gun, naturally there was some resistance)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Ismail

Read the 2nd snippet - its the same rhetoric we hear from Isis today.

There are 1250 articles on that one website that contain the word Islam, and NZ was a backwater colony back then.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
So what you're saying is "When a foreign country invades another region of different culture, appropriates it's natural ressources and infrastructures and kills it's original inhabitants by the droves, then the cultural-religious element of the occupied country/region will tend to flourish on the destruction, radicalize, and attract a growing following of violent and uneducated young combattants with nothing left to live for except the prospect of revenge and a better existence in the afterlife (and that the study of historical documentation tends to validate this principle, regardless of religious or cultural context?)".

Is that what you're getting at ?
Or do you just think that Islam is evil.

edit on 18-2-2015 by Ismail because: he thought of something else to say

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join