It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are the Sex You Were Born!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

There is NOTHING wrong with being a grilled cheese sandwich, thank you.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toxicspikes
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

There is NOTHING wrong with being a grilled cheese sandwich, thank you.

What are you up to later? im hungry for love................

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

OP, that is pretty ignorant. A lot of transgender people were born the wrong sex. And the surgery is to correct it along with hormone therapy.

I am a gay man, but definitely a man. Same with my 6'6 blue collar worker partner. Neither of us really have what most people would consider "gay characteristics".
edit on 16-2-2015 by kurthall because: Add

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'm a man now.

I may not be your regular college jock but at least I'm male.

Goddamn you sir, give me that!

It's feminizing enough being born British.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

I'm a man now.

I may not be your regular college jock but at least I'm male.

Goddamn you sir, give me that!

It's feminizing enough being born British.

No...no you are not. You can call yourself anything you want, but if you were born a female...you remain a female. Sorry but that is a fact.

It amazes me how people can be so delusional that they fight facts with emotional lies. Sure...a woman can be born feeling and wishing to be male. Sure...they can change many things and DESERVE to be called whatever name they want. But get over it...a human being can not change their actual gender. You can pretend to be something you're not...and you have every right to do so. You can dress any way you want and have every right to do so. But a disguise is just that...not real. I'm actually sorry that so many people, when given the opportunity to speak to facts decide to sidestep the conversation or get all emotional about facts and get insulted. It is a shame that our society has apparently decided to ignore facts and instead make up fantasies.

If you are so delusional that you can't tell the difference between fact and fiction, maybe you really DO have a mental problem. Sorry...just another observation. If you really believe that changing a few body parts or taking hormones actually MAKES you a different sex, you need to talk to a doctor.

Lets try this. If a white person dyes their skin dark...does that make them black/african-american? When a brunette dyes her hair blonde she remains a natural brunette...not a blonde. Simple!

Last post. End of rant.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As a gay man this can also be rather perplexing.

I'd say there's a difference between intersex and transgender.
There's a lot of people who may not even realize they are intersex.
For example, there was a gay man from Zimbabwe who was on television about the homophobia there, and later "she" became pregnant and discovered she was an intersex women.

The gender testing or verification of women in sport has also not turned out as simple as looking for XX or XY chromosomes.
Nowadays it takes a whole squadron of experts from various fields for such tests, and they are much disputed.
en.wikipedia.org...

I don't understand transgender people very well, although I accept them and don't judge.
I think if people are so mentally convinced that they're not male, for example, that they're willing to castrate themselves then they're obviously not just putting it on, or going through a transvestite phase or performance.

What concerns me more is how gender can be medically imposed, for example, by doctors deciding what sex intersex babies should at birth (they often make the wrong choice).

Transgenderism, can also be imposed, and especially gay men who are considered somewhat effeminate could be pressured or even forced to undergo the procedure in some countries.
This can actually be seen as an attempt to restore the "natural" gender order by very conservative regimes.
It happened in the apartheid military, for example, and it still happens in Iran.

I think there's too little lgbtia (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, asexual) activism around gay men who are happy with their sex and gender in areas of the globe where they may be threatened into becoming transgender.
I'm not sure why the bias seems to be only on the rights of people who are transgender, but less so for gay and lesbian people who are happy with their born bodies.

There's a difference between sex and gender performance, although they may be linked in some way for most people.
I think I was far more effeminate when I was in my twenties (thank heavens I didn't meet the wrong psychiatrist back then).
Now I'm far more into working out, and a more masculine look.
I also enjoy being around men more, rather than going to gay clubs and seeking out sex with them (although I'm not straight).
It's nothing I did on purpose, and I'm not sure whether the politics changed and somehow made it "safer" to be masculine, or the entire construction of masculinity changed.

I mean the average size of guys in men's fitness magazines today is very different than in the 1980s.
Obese men can appear to become more effeminate (the genitals appear to shrink and they get moobs), but I'm very concerned about all the young men abusing steroids today.
One can see it from a mile away, and the long term effects of high school kids doing this may not be good.
Ironically they're doing this to live up to an image of masculinity when it could destroy that potential.
Surely the performances of masculinity and femininity are hardly always healthy, when they can lead to anorexia in women and bigorexia in men.
Enhanced bodies are also not how people are born.

Adults should probably do what they want, but I'm not in favor of kids or teenagers messing with their bodies, even if they feel they need to act or dress like the opposite sex (or simply more "fem" or "butch").
Garments can be changed, but surgery comes with great risks.
Neither should anyone on the planet be subjected to forced gender reassignment.
edit on 17-2-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

That, was a great post, an easy star to add.

Thanks for your post, very well said.

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

If they have female body parts then they are a woman. Saying they are still a man is denying reality and living in the past.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

If they have female body parts then they are a woman. Saying they are still a man is denying reality and living in the past.

Respectfully...you are wrong. Scientifically 100% wrong. It doesn't matter if you sew pieces of flesh to your body or if you cut some off, you remain what you were born...male or female. You you are strictly speaking of how one views themselves, fine. I might call that belief a mental condition if lying to oneself is a mental condition. But again...and hopefully finally...if you were born male, you will always be male. If you were born female, you will always be female. A disguise doesn't change your sex anymore than a costume at Halloween makes you Frankenstein.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Scientifically 100% wrong.

There is nothing scientific about your post.
edit on 27-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

You know better than that even if your opinion is different.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Oh what the hell...one more time. So if you don't believe that then I assume you believe that if we skin a cat, sew dog skin onto it, make it say "woof", cut off a few body parts and change a few others it somehow becomes a dog??? And if for some unknown reason you believe that...will it all of a sudden be able to give birth to puppies? Geez. Get over it. You can't change your actual sex, you can only change how you appear. You can identify as anything you wish...male, female, squid and I DON'T CARE. But it is a lie to say otherwise.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Changing a cat into a dog is not analogous.

We are talking about a human going through changes yet still being a human.

Still waiting on that '100% science'.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Nope. I'm not talking about how they view themselves I'm talking about what they are in reality (a female body. - breast with a female private area). That is not a man.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

if you were born a female...you remain a female.

When did I say I was born a female?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Nope. I'm not talking about how they view themselves I'm talking about what they are in reality (a female body. - breast with a female private area). That is not a man.

And it goes on and on doesn't it. People just not willing to admit the truth but arguing anyway. If a male, that had a sex change "to" a female were to die. During an autopsy, a forensic scientist would be able to determine the sex of that human, and their tests would determine that person was a male. So...science...born a male, always a male...born a female, always a female. Identify as you wish...SCIENCE!

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

And it goes on and on doesn't it. People just not willing to admit the truth but arguing anyway. If a male, that had a sex change "to" a female were to die. During an autopsy, a forensic scientist would be able to determine the sex of that human, and their tests would determine that person was a male. So...science...born a male, always a male...born a female, always a female. Identify as you wish...SCIENCE!

Science is overrated, identity isn't.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Science is overrated, identity isn't.

Fine...but at least you admit the facts. Science deals in facts...identity is a choice and therefore devoid of fact.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Haha good post, the first sentence made me laugh. However, I also believe facts are overrated.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If they identify as said sex and have the characteristics of said sex then for me that's quite sufficient. I have no need to break down each molecule of their being in an effort to find remnants of the other sex in some attempt to undermine their lives.

identity is a choice and therefore devoid of fact.

You're clearly unfamiliar with these conditions. You should read the thread.
edit on 28-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join