It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are the Sex You Were Born!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
That's quite a pickle to tickle there OP...HA! I made a funny. Ok not really all that funny.

But, I think this whole thing is much more complicated then that. Personally I think you should just be the gender your born as. But I can only speak for myself. It seems this whole thing is on the rise, and has as well been here for a long time, its not a new phenomenon is what I am saying.

I really dont know what to make of it. I mean if somebody wants to be attributed to another sex, well OK, fine by me...I suppose. You know lots of people do lots of things, as long as it does not hurt anybody and dont bother none. Well its just another thing. Even if it is not my thing. You know.

You could go down into the nitty gritty of biology and genetics and the whole aspect of it to our conceived notions of what it is to be a male and female. For the most part its a lot of things to write. But there is a distinct difference between the two, and yes for a greater part male and female is but a role we play as well as a physical attribute we attribute to that role.

And its likely to get more prevalent for people in the future and be even more confusing for some, and for people in general, and you can probably list a whole bunch of reasons for that. In fact a make a whole nother thread about it, or write books about it longer and thicker then dictionaries about it, and still barely scratch the surface anything from DNA sequencing to chemicals to just what it means to consider yourself a gender. It could be that every single thing you heard about it is right, or wrong, or both. Time will tell, and time will make fools of us all, like always.

What I am saying is. People can do what they want. I see no problem with people doing what they want or feel like they want. But saying that I will not judge them any different then anybody else. I am quite sure that these transgender or other such peoples are going and have the potential to be just as much saints as they are assholes. No different then any other person out there, and every other person out there seems to have there quirks. So if I so deem it, I will call a spade a spade, if not then not.

Snowflakes bro. Were all snowflakes, no matter which gender you associate yourself as, people will still be people, good and bad, rain or sunshine, and all the rest of things inbetween. I mean sure it would be a hell of a lot more easier if everybody just was and was happy as they were. But unfortunately and even in nature this is not true, things are never that easy or simple. And if they are? Well there you go, you have less issues to worry about. So why make more of things then they are, most especially if it doesn't effect you. Or whatever, you know.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Snowflakes bro. Were all snowflakes, no matter which gender you associate yourself as, people will still be people, good and bad, rain or sunshine, and all the rest of things inbetween. I mean sure it would be a hell of a lot more easier if everybody just was and was happy as they were. But unfortunately and even in nature this is not true, things are never that easy or simple. And if they are? Well there you go, you have less issues to worry about. So why make more of things then they are, most especially if it doesn't effect you. Or whatever, you know.

I don't know if you meant to or not but you summed up one of the most mature perspectives a cisgender person can have about the entirety that is trans*.

Not preachy. Not liberal hippy sounding. Just perfect. Well done.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I know I'm right because I used to think like you...
That meat and two veg means it's a man...

But after much research, I was wrong...

So yes I know what your point is, it used to be mine... & it's delusive!

Hold on, Charlie, I have something for you.

Here, found it.

I remember a thread not too long ago where you were saying things along the same line as the OP. I'm very happy that you took time to research a bit and are mature enough to say that you were wrong. Real growth and maturity can be defined by being able to recognise you're not always right and being interested in always trying to learn more. I take my metaphorical hat to you, sir.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'm glad somebody said it.

to add to your rant a little, some legislators want to mandate a third type of bathroom be available for "Pan sexuals". Wat? Does a unisex bathroom not suffice anymore?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Exactly its about self perception. If I have so thoroughly convinced myself I am a box jellyfish and nothing anyone says can change my mind am I not, in fact, a box jellyfish? At least to me?

In one world we dream. In another we live. Which world is more real?

hmm I would say the one where you don't wake up after dying.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I would even argue that if you changed all your organs you still haven't changed into a woman any more than a man can cut off a few body parts and replace them with those of a chimp. That person is still a human male...not a monkey.

A chimpanzee is a great ape, not a monkey.

Not that I would expect you to know that considering your continued blatant disregard for anything logical and scientific that was presented to you by other members.

Whatever floats your goat, man.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Women reach a stage in their life where they are no longer fertile and go through body changes in line with their new life's purpose (in a purely biological sense). All women of sufficient age.

The absence of ovulation, ability to bear children, period and etc; does not mean that they have ceased to be women.

If someone born male wishes to be referred to as female, then I would not dare to say they don't have that as a right.

It's that E B Hall quote (misattributed to Voltaire): "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

In your eyes, they may be self deluding, but as humans they have a right to their say.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

No need to reply.

Of course you know we will anyway.

I think its a matter of self perception. No one has any right to tell another individual how that person should or should not perceive themself. If you think you are a man and want to be a man, boom! You're a man. If you think you are a woman and want to be a woman, bam! You're a woman. If you think you are a grilled cheese sandwich, then you might need a psychological evaluation.

WHAT??? How does that make sense?? You can't just BE a different sex any more than you can just BE a grilled cheese sammich!!! If your argument is that you can magically BE whatever you want to be, the grilled cheese sammiches are just as valid as any given sex. All of them need psych evaluations.

This whole thing is sheer lunacy. You are chromosomally either MALE or FEMALE, with only ONE exception. Male/Female chimeras, which is an unbelievably rare condition. Even regular hermaphrodites are either male or female chromosomally.

People can call themselves whatever they want. But do not expect me to join in your exercise in fantasy any more than forcing me to partake in your drug of choice.

Do not try to change the definition of BEING. What you ARE is what your ARE. You cannot change that.

At least for now. Eventually there will be genetic therapy which can alter your body's physiology and truly take you from one sex to another, or possibly halfway between. I'm perfectly comfortable in my own skin though, thank you.

Hot damn do I despise this modern trend of narcissistic self-aggrandizement where people flaunt their strange behavior can and then throw a massive fit when other people don't 'accept" their ridiculousness. It's tantamount to kicking a bees nest and then complaining that the bees bit you!!!!

SNIP
edit on 2/16/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: language, censor circumvention

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I was gonna reply to one person. Then, I realised I'd have to reply to another one. And another. So instead of wasting my time with personal replies, here's a general one:

If people's private body parts affect you so much, you might want to try to understand why. Why does it bother you so much? Are you scared your privates won't be as valuable if someone else can get one? Are you scared you'll get with someone and not realise they weren't born like that?

Do you know me? If I get all the surgeries and hormones I want to, will it affect you? If I don't, will it affect you? If I drop dead in five minutes, will it affect you?

I think the answer is no to those three. So why does it bother you?

One last thing. Would you tell her that she's pretending to be something that she's not, because she was not born this way?

Let's face it. Why is this blonde chick pretending that she can be a brunette? Does she not know that she's not allowed to do change what she looks like just to feel more comfortable with herself? Because, I mean, she should be happy with how she was born. And that's it. Suck it up, blondie, and stop acting as if the rest of us should be forced to see you as brunette. You're not.

Right?

Anyway. Unfortunately, this is a very delicate subject to me and, to be honest, my depression already brings me down way too much. I don't need anybody's help to feel even worse about myself. So... I'm not coming back to this thread. At least not for a long time. I've just stopped thinking about suicide and I'll be damned if I let some ignorant, selfish and unsympathetic strangers on a forum destroy whatever progress I made in the last couple months.

Thanks to the ones who are supportive and good luck to the ones on this tough journey of ours.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
WHAT??? How does that make sense?? You can't just BE a different sex any more than you can just BE a grilled cheese sammich!!! If your argument is that you can magically BE whatever you want to be, the grilled cheese sammiches are just as valid as any given sex.

Could a man become a grilled cheese "sammich"? No. Can a ham sandwich become a grilled cheese sandwich? Yes.

People really need to stop making stupid analogies. It's cute and everything but it's never an accurate comparison.

All of them need psych evaluations.

They do! How else will they find out they need to make a transition? You do understand that there is no "cure" for dysphoria other than transitioning, right? A "psych evaluation" is part of that.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
Anyway. Unfortunately, this is a very delicate subject to me and, to be honest, my depression already brings me down way too much. I don't need anybody's help to feel even worse about myself. So... I'm not coming back to this thread. At least not for a long time. I've just stopped thinking about suicide and I'll be damned if I let some ignorant, selfish and unsympathetic strangers on a forum destroy whatever progress I made in the last couple months.

Thanks to the ones who are supportive and good luck to the ones on this tough journey of ours.

I'm right behind you.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I was gonna reply to one person. Then, I realised I'd have to reply to another one. And another. So instead of wasting my time with personal replies, here's a general one:

If people's private body parts affect you so much, you might want to try to understand why. Why does it bother you so much? Are you scared your privates won't be as valuable if someone else can get one? Are you scared you'll get with someone and not realise they weren't born like that?

Do you know me? If I get all the surgeries and hormones I want to, will it affect you? If I don't, will it affect you? If I drop dead in five minutes, will it affect you?

I think the answer is no to those three. So why does it bother you?

One last thing. Would you tell her that she's pretending to be something that she's not, because she was not born this way?

Let's face it. Why is this blonde chick pretending that she can be a brunette? Does she not know that she's not allowed to do change what she looks like just to feel more comfortable with herself? Because, I mean, she should be happy with how she was born. And that's it. Suck it up, blondie, and stop acting as if the rest of us should be forced to see you as brunette. You're not.

Right?

Hair color is whatever color your hair happens to be, and in fact can change during your life. Some people will say "well she's actually a brunette" etc which is also correct, but currently she's BLONDE. It's an adjective.

Your sex is not defined as what you WANT it to be, it is what you are chromosomally.

I actually have some personal experience with this. I was born blonde, bright blonde. Then my hair changed color when I was 8. In a matter of months all my hair was brown. I didn't like it. But oh well, I dealt with it. I dont dwell on it, and it doesn't get me down. I'm sure many will say that's nothing compared to sexual dysphoria. Well things can be as big or little as you decide to allow them to be.

If you want to live life as a different sex, then do it. I have no problem with that. I love and respect you as any other human. As far as I understand it it's called "transexual", which is fine by me. My only problem is people trying to redefine our language and demanding that we all use new terms and refuse to acknowledge scientific fact. I really can't be bothered with the populist self-righteous indignation at average people using words as they have been used for hundreds of years.

As for you personally and being transsexual. Own it. Be it. Go out there and live life to the fullest. But if you rely on others to determine your own happiness you will always be let down. Love yourself. Love the hell out of yourself! because it doesn't matter if others do. Love yourself and don't worry about silly nomenclatures. LOVE yourself fully, and you will find yourself surrounded by people who like you for YOU because you've demonstrated them you are worthy of love!

edit on 16-2-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

My only problem is people trying to redefine our language and demanding that we all use new terms and refuse to acknowledge scientific fact.

Are they redefining the language? Are they being unscientific? Considering these are conditions formally recognized by professionals in the health sciences, I would think the language and science is there for them to use. But hey... this isn't my area of expertise.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i can sort of see what the op is trying to get at. if labels we used in order to differentiate between two clearly distinct things are hijacked in the name of self-expression, those labels become meaningless. labels are used because they denote a particular state or condition or possession of attributes or however you want to word it. they are used because that helps us tell black from white or brick red from rose red, so to speak. but if someone decides that despite every symptom they have to the contrary, they are this way or that way, then we can conclude that others things are other ways for equally no reason other than "self expression". every color and every shade just becomes the same thing because theres no way to tell a difference because "different" itself got redefined because someone felt it was more conducive to their self expression. "do you like this red coat?" "that's not red, thats beige." "its red." "its beige and you are being insensitive to my self expression" "but its RED..." "are you discriminating? youre discriminating against my right to express myself. thats beige." "....whatever."

sorry if that doesnt make sense.
edit on 16-2-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If you believe in Reincarnation (as I do), we all come back into lives as the opposite gender at least once. The expected goal is to gather experiences as that gender, and to have a little more understanding of how "the other half thinks."

It is only the purest evil that tries to convince people they were "born in the wrong body," just because a man is sensitive or a woman can be as strong as a man. These are people living and doing what God intended - learning about how "the other half thinks."

And, if you believe in malicious extra-terrestrials, there are some species that prey upon Intelligent Humanoid Mammals such as us, to destroy our civilizations from within. Mammals are full of soft-tissue, thus nerves, and can be big on "recreational sex". (Not just humans, dolphins too.)

These malicious extra-terrestrials have studied us, and know how sexual abuse and deviancy can destroy lives and minds. How many future-geniuses have fallen far short of their Life Goals, to get trapped on an endless, sick merry-go-round due to sexual abuse, rape or malicious others convincing them they really don't belong in that gender or body?

edit on 16-2-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

No need to reply.

Of course you know we will anyway.

I think its a matter of self perception. No one has any right to tell another individual how that person should or should not perceive themself. If you think you are a man and want to be a man, boom! You're a man. If you think you are a woman and want to be a woman, bam! You're a woman. If you think you are a grilled cheese sandwich, then you might need a psychological evaluation.

Hot damn do I despise this modern trend of narcissistic self-aggrandizement where people flaunt their strange behavior can and then throw a massive fit when other people don't 'accept" their ridiculousness. It's tantamount to kicking a bees nest and then complaining that the bees bit you!!!!

Frankly, you havent made a single analogy that actually holds up at all. Are they really flaunting their "strange behavior" or does it just upset you so much that you notice it? The fact they're "flaunting" something you deem "ridiculousness" seems clear enough to me.
How is kicking a bees nest the same as someone "flaunting their strangeness"?
Or did you mean that not "accepting" someone's "ridiculousness" is like kicking a bees nest, & their "massive fit" is like the bees reaction?

ps. Bees don't bite you, they sting you..

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
guess what, OP? you're not going to grow 5 inches taller.

I get so much satisfaction from pointing out the impossible disadvantages of random strangers.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey, everyone... we have an expert on the human body here. Better listen up!

/sarcasm

When people don't know what they're talking about, they should probably keep their clams shut.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I would hope she didnt used to be a man, because I'd want kids some day and with her at least I'd have half a chance for them to be good looking

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

I would hope she didnt used to be a man, because I'd want kids some day and with her at least I'd have half a chance for them to be good looking

lol, I think they were both born women; he was making a point about hair color.

However, he did say they were blondes trying to be brunettes, when it is clearly the other way around.
I don't mind MtF/FtM transsexuals in the slightest.

However, this whole blonde hair dye thing is becoming an epidemic. I detest unnatural blondes nowadays. & natural blondes are as rare as unicorns.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join