It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are the Sex You Were Born!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Fair comment ... but as has been pointed in a previous post ... the genetic make up of such is person is different to a Man's
But yes if that is how you see it that is cool with me

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You should also refrain from your continual proclamation of what "genetics" is when you haven't a clue.

What you keep doing is mistaking Antomical body with Genetical body.

& I don't like people who spread untruths!

edit on 15-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is a pointless and harmful thread. You don't care? Then don't make a rant about it. All your doing is coming off as mean and close minded. Nobody here is going to agree with you. Just let people believe what they want. It's not like they are going out of their way to lie to you....... Claiming IM A WOMAN is all I ever wanted. Why you gotta take that away and call me a liar?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Is gender a physical trait or a mental affinity.
This is actually a good question. In 100 years (or perhaps less), you will be able to completely change your physical gender as easily as clothes..then what? being physically indistinguishable from another naturally born removes then the physical constraints of what gender is.

Meaning then it must be a mental thing...which falls into a person deciding they are one sex beyond the other to be a completely valid argument to be had.

And the animal argument is a strawman. anthropomorphism is not part of trans...you may feel like a man trapped in a womans body due to mental differences than the typical woman..but you wont validly feel like a walrus trapped in a humans body..
(unless there is a mad scientist somewhere doing that)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I do not understand genetics ... perhaps I mistakingly believed something that is not true

There is no need to dislike me ... I never intentionally spread untruths ... we all make mistakes if that is what I did

But my earlier post I stand by

Regards

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
OK...ONE LAST TIME...I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST TRANSGENDER PEOPLE. It is simply annoying to hear someone say something untrue like that.

As a transgender man myself: yes, you obviously have something against us. You may not want to admit it to yourself, but you do.

If you say you don't, than guess what? I am telling you that your opinion is untrue and that you are wrong about yourself. Does that sound familiar?

Thanks for letting me know how you feel, though. I'll do my best to avoid you on ATS.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Funny enough I just read this article this morning, I am leaving no judgment just a link and have at it boys and girls :-)

www.cracked.com...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Not you buddy...

The ranter!

The one who keeps complaining of "untruths" while spreading untruths!

Your posts got stars from me

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Oh ...OK ... cool

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP
nd the

You are the perfect person to understand this perceived issue
I can understood the prejudices you must have faced as did my friend

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

But she could be genetically female as well but has/had man parts. That's what you aren't getting. Unless you ask and unless the person has been tested, you don't know. Should men that feel they're women and change to women be required to justify themselves to people like you with their medical records, just so that you don't have to feel lied to?
edit on 2/15/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I have a big problem with lies and liars. I take issue with people who don't tell the truth.

You judge transgendered people as liars, then?

When you stubbornly refuse to use the proper pronoun (and loudly and proudly proclaim so), you are showing a great deal of disrespect to someone who has historically, not gotten much respect from others. If you're OK with discounting and offending someone, because of YOUR issues with it, then have at it.

But you really should read more and become educated about it before you go ranting against it.
edit on 2/15/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Unless you manage to function like a woman, period, ability to get pregnant, etc...you have not changed into a woman.

So... women who are born unable to bear children are not "real women"?

Ladies of ATS, do you agree? Are you all able to bear children? Because, if not, WeAreAWAKE here insists you are not really a woman.

And to you, OP... you are allowed to call anybody whatever you like. However, if you call a transwoman a man (or vice versa in Luke's case), it is you who is "lying". The biggest sex organ is the brain. Gender dysphoria isn't an issue with the brain, it's an issue of the body. Since you can't alter the brain to "fix" it, you need to fix the body. Not everybody is born with perfect bodies. People sometimes come out with extra parts, not enough parts, or sometimes the wrong parts. It happens.

I'm not going to hate on you because I don't think you wish anybody harm. It's just a bummer you can't respect people the way they would likely respect you.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Bah, who cares who identify's with what gender, race or favorite football team.

If your folks are from the states and moved to India, where you were born and raised - you'd identify as being indian or american or both.

A human is a human, if one decides to take drastic action so their body fits the way they feel act and think, let em do it.

Are you worried about a man who converts to being a woman (or vice versa) sharing the same changing rooms and taking a peek at your bits? Sorry thats a bit extreme of a thing to go through just to get a peek at some body parts.

edit on b1111733 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327
This is a pointless and harmful thread. You don't care? Then don't make a rant about it. All your doing is coming off as mean and close minded. Nobody here is going to agree with you. Just let people believe what they want. It's not like they are going out of their way to lie to you....... Claiming IM A WOMAN is all I ever wanted. Why you gotta take that away and call me a liar?

While I don't see how my purely logical, non-emotional opinion is harmful...I'm sorry you took it that way. For probably the hundredth time...be who you feel you are and be happy with yourself.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

So then, what about the platypus. Is it a duck? The platypus is among nature's most unlikely animals. In fact, the first scientists to examine a specimen believed they were the victims of a hoax. The animal is best described as a hodgepodge of more familiar species: the duck (bill and webbed feet), beaver (tail), and otter (body and fur). Males are also venomous. They have sharp stingers on the heels of their rear feet and can use them to deliver a strong toxic blow to any foe. animals.nationalgeographic.com...

I think that it's easy to say you are what you are born as when one only looks at the outside. Hormones can change that and hormones are running throughout one's entire body including the brain. Our inner mind is where we truly are in terms of what we are.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

OK...ONE LAST TIME...I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST TRANSGENDER PEOPLE. It is simply annoying to hear someone say something untrue like that.

As a transgender man myself: yes, you obviously have something against us. You may not want to admit it to yourself, but you do.

If you say you don't, than guess what? I am telling you that your opinion is untrue and that you are wrong about yourself. Does that sound familiar?

Thanks for letting me know how you feel, though. I'll do my best to avoid you on ATS.

No...I don't. I have something against people stating an untruth as a fact. If that is you...OK. But it isn't about you being who you are. This could have been a rant about that woman who had multiple surgeries to look like at cat saying..."I'm a cat". Well...no...she isn't.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iwinder
Funny enough I just read this article this morning, I am leaving no judgment just a link and have at it boys and girls :-)

www.cracked.com...

Regards, Iwinder

That was actually one that I read and led to my rant.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

But she could be genetically female as well but has/had man parts. That's what you aren't getting. Unless you ask and unless the person has been tested, you don't know. Should men that feel they're women and change to women be required to justify themselves to people like you with their medical records, just so that you don't have to feel lied to?

No...they shouldn't. No one has to justify themselves. My rant is simply that I find it annoying. You are born a certain verifiable sex. You may identify differently, but that doesn't change how you are put together.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Transgenderism is simply the product of a super affluent society. One that can afford countless options for everything. Humans really don't need that many options. Too many options get them in trouble.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join