It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are the Sex You Were Born!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Simply not true.

Intersex is a group of conditions where there is a discrepancy between the external genitals and the internal genitals (the testes and ovaries).

The older term for this condition, hermaphroditism, came from joining the names of a Greek god and goddess, Hermes and Aphrodite. Hermes was a god of male sexuality (among other things) and Aphrodite a goddess of female sexuality, love, and beauty.

Although the older terms are still included in this article for reference, they have been replaced by most experts (and patients and families) because they are misleading, confusing, and insensitive. Increasingly this group of conditions is being called disorders of sex development (DSDs).

Intersex can be divided into four categories:

46, XX Intersex
46, XY Intersex
True Gonadal Intersex
Complex or Undetermined Intersex

46, XX Intersex. The person has the chromosomes of a woman, the ovaries of a woman, but external (outside) genitals that appear male. This usually is the result of a female fetus having been exposed to excess male hormones before birth. The labia ("lips" or folds of skin of the external female genitals) fuse, and the clitoris enlarges to appear like a penis. Usually this person has a normal uterus and Fallopian tubes. This condition is also called 46, XX with virilization. It used to be called female pseudohermaphroditism.

46, XY Intersex. The person has the chromosomes of a man, but the external genitals are incompletely formed, ambiguous, or clearly female. Internally, testes may be normal, malformed, or absent. This condition is also called 46, XY with undervirilization. It used to be called male pseudohermaphroditism. Formation of normal male external genitals depends on the appropriate balance between male and female hormones; therefore, it requires the adequate production and function of male hormones.

True Gonadal Intersex. Here the person must have both ovarian and testicular tissue. This may be in the same gonad (an ovotestis), or the person might have one ovary and one testis. The person may have XX chromosomes, XY chromosomes, or both. The external genitals may be ambiguous or may appear to be female or male. This condition used to be called true hermaphroditism. In most people with true gonadal intersex, the underlying cause is unknown, although in some animal studies it has been linked to exposure to common agricultural pesticides.

Complex or Undetermined Intersex Disorders of Sexual Development. Many chromosome configurations other than simple 46, XX or 46, XY can result in disorders of sex development. These include 45, XO (only one X chromosome), and 47, XXY, 47, XXX -- both cases have an extra sex chromosome, either an X or a Y. These disorders do not result in a condition where there is discrepancy between internal and external genitalia. However, there may be problems with sex hormone levels, overall sexual development, and altered numbers of sex chromosomes.

link

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
And...after all...this IS just a rant about something that has been bugging me this week.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

But what if the only person that views it as "untrue" is... you?

link   

Did you not know that everyone has a bit of both sexes within them? It's true. As a male, I have nipples and wondered why for the longest time.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Well...as I said..."I believe". Obviously I was wrong on that. But...it doesn't change my rant when it comes to a male OR female.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Furthermore, why do you care how others self identify? Honest question.

That's what I was going to ask.

I don't have any problem calling someone who is transgendered by their self-identified gender. Why do you? I think HAVING an issue about it (resisting the fact that some people are born in a body that is NOT the gender they feel like) says something about you, but I'm not sure what it would be.

Whenever people stubbornly refuse to understand something, just because they haven't experienced it, I think it shows a lack of open-mindedness. What's really the problem you have with transgendered people?

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
I don't...

CLEARLY you do care what they are called. You initiated a RANT thread about it.

it is just annoying to hear someone say "I'm this" when they obviously are not.

Why, though? That's the question. Why does it annoy you, when it doesn't bother me at all?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The quote is all weirded up
edit on 15-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Furthermore, why do you care how others self identify? Honest question.

That's what I was going to ask.

I don't have any problem calling someone who is transgendered by their self-identified gender. Why do you? I think HAVING an issue about it (resisting the fact that some people are born in a body that is NOT the gender they feel like) says something about you, but I'm not sure what it would be.

Whenever people stubbornly refuse to understand something, just because they haven't experienced it, I think it shows a lack of open-mindedness. What's really the problem you have with transgendered people?

I don't...

CLEARLY you do care what they are called. You initiated a RANT thread about it.

it is just annoying to hear someone say "I'm this" when they obviously are not.

Why, though? That's the question. Why does it annoy you, when it doesn't bother me at all?

Because it isn't true. I have a big problem with lies and liars. I take issue with people who don't tell the truth. I guess this is another such case. But as I said...I've heard it a bunch of times this week.

OK...ONE LAST TIME...I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST TRANSGENDER PEOPLE. It is simply annoying to hear someone say something untrue like that.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
And my response was...

To the best of my knowledge...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

But a person that looks male on the outside, has manly muscles, jawline with facial hair and has a penis, even a big one... can on the inside by their chromosome type be a woman and feel like a woman. It's generally more ambiguous than that... just sayin.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Physical versus Mental.

What a wicked web we weave, when our freedom and ideologies trump those who believe differently than we do?

I believe you misunderstand me. I'm not against anyone "being" whatever they want. But stating obvious "untruths" is different and kind of nutty. If your son walked up to you and said "I'm a pig"...you might smile or laugh. But if he truly believed that, you would get him help. I know these people must know they are not women (or men) and I believe they are not insane...so why say something that implies otherwise?

But why do any of us who may or may not suffer with this problem care enough to make an issue out of it? Doesn't being FREE mean that we can be who we are and say or think what we want?

Is it the state of division that is propagated by the government and the MSM that has brought us to this point?

Is it the FACT that we have become so divided that freedom doesn't exist due to political/religious correctness?

Quite frankly? If a person is not hurting anyone else, I could care less how they feel!

Stop allowing yourself to lose sleep over it; because I am sure there are things you do or believe in that would disturb the hell out of other folk?

Focus on Freedom and stop allowing yourself to be swayed by the nonsense of MSM/Government propaganda!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Maybe they are not those things to you, does not mean they are not those things to them. Identities are creations of human beings not states of being.

If someone tells me they identify as a woman then I respect their identity.

Male and females are anatomically very similar.

Most of our "gender" is a performance taught to us from an early age, nothing more. Genitalia while different(due to differing levels of hormones during development) is more similar than different.

Someone's identity is their own and it's nobody's business but theirs what it is.

Also, humans are not just some black and white male and female. It is very common for individuals to have characteristics of X and Y. While most of us are very plainly XY or XX(notice how we all have X in us), many people are a mix of both. In fact about 1 in 1500 births the individuals have characteristics of both genders to some degree.

But either way, if someone says they are female and decide to change their body to match that gender...to me they are female. These identities are created by humans in the first place.

Someone told me what a tomato was when I was very young. If they hadn't, I would have probably came up with my own identity for it. It would be no more incorrect than the identity of tomato that I was taught. And if the fruit could talk and told me it was an orange, who am I to say it isn't? Who told me what an orange was in the first place?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
when i was a younger man i totally hated the gay people , but as i grew and became wiser i also became more aware
that i should not be so quick to judge anyone that did not think the same as i do .
being different is part of freedom and individuality and this is what helps us achieve our goals in life .

let people be what they want be , we have no right to force people to be what we believe to be the so called norm
after all who are we to say what is normal , if we value freedom then we should value the freedom to choose the life style we chose .

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Physical versus Mental.

What a wicked web we weave, when our freedom and ideologies trump those who believe differently than we do?

I believe you misunderstand me. I'm not against anyone "being" whatever they want. But stating obvious "untruths" is different and kind of nutty. If your son walked up to you and said "I'm a pig"...you might smile or laugh. But if he truly believed that, you would get him help. I know these people must know they are not women (or men) and I believe they are not insane...so why say something that implies otherwise?

But why do any of us who may or may not suffer with this problem care enough to make an issue out of it? Doesn't being FREE mean that we can be who we are and say or think what we want?

Is it the state of division that is propagated by the government and the MSM that has brought us to this point?

Is it the FACT that we have become so divided that freedom doesn't exist due to political/religious correctness?

Quite frankly? If a person is not hurting anyone else, I could care less how they feel!

Stop allowing yourself to lose sleep over it; because I am sure there are things you do or believe in that would disturb the hell out of other folk?

Focus on Freedom and stop allowing yourself to be swayed by the nonsense of MSM/Government propaganda!

Trust me...I'm not losing sleep. But if people started going around pointing at cats and screaming "pig"...that would bother me also.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I don't think it matters. I know I don't care. Because I'm a shark, and people taste bad regardless of their gender.
If some one wants to identify as a jar of mayonnaise, let them.

Mayonnaise?
HA!
TARTAR SAUCE!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I wonder if a scientist using empirical evidence could figure it out . They are very smart you know :>)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I think my main reason for posting is frustration. Sometimes this world seems insane.

Yes the world is insane in many ways ... Don't let it get to you

Now get your head around this ...

I have a friend ... Highly intelligent and articulate
She started life as male ... is now a female ... ooch ...
She who was he is now a lesbian

I do not judge her ... why should I .. She is a wonderful soul
It is what is on the inside of a person that really matters ... not this costume of flesh

I do not know all the whys and wherefores by any means ... I know she wants to be regarded as a female and I give her that respect

There is a lot in the saying "Walk a mile in another's shoes"

Yes this world can seem mad and perplexing ... but I feel it is important to keep our Humanity and tolerate what we can not comprehend if it is not harming us
edit on 15-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 15-2-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: watchitburn

I don't think it matters. I know I don't care. Because I'm a shark, and people taste bad regardless of their gender.
If some one wants to identify as a jar of mayonnaise, let them.

Mayonnaise?
HA!
TARTAR SAUCE!!!

Ok...ok...you can be a shark!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

I think my main reason for posting is frustration. Sometimes this world seems insane.

Yes the world is insane in many ways ... Don't let it get to you

Now get your head around this ...

I have a friend ... Highly intelligent and articulate
She started life as male ... is now a female ooch ...
She was he is now a lesbian

I do not judge her ... why should I .. She is a wonderful soul
It is what is the inside of a person that really matters ... not this costume of flesh

I do not know all whys and wherefores by any means ... I know she wants to be regarded as a female and I give her respect

There is a lot in the saying "Walk a mile in another's shoes"

Yes this world can seem mad and perplexing ... but I feel it is important to keep our Humanity and tolerate what we can not comprehend if it is not harming us

I understand and I have no problem with that. But..."she" is a man. The changes made don't change the genetics. Your friend is a man. Call him "she" if that is what "she" wishes. That is the right thing to do. But the fact remains that "she" is a male.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Much semantics in this thread.

The Androgen Receptor Gene is linked to foetal growth and determination, no matter what junk you have.

Brain wiring and DNA supersede what's between the legs.

Biology and Chemistry supersede your feelings.

Simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join