It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State Behead 21 Egyptian Christians in Libya

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Wasn't being funny Mark, I genuinely wondered if there was another genocide.
I'm not much of a historian.

If you want a good laugh you should have a look for Bush's God speeches...
They'd be even funnier if the outcome hadn't been so tragic.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

12 people in one day.

72 in 2 days on another occasion.

A great many massacres are attributed to them.

Scale in numbers, maybe, scale of violence, no, killing children with machetes is as barbaric as anything ISIS have done.

But let's be honest it's not a pissing contest they all need to be wiped out.

YOu are absolutely right, they do indeed, I agree 10000000 percent, I wasnt intentionally trying to split hairs there

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
If you want a good laugh you should have a look for Bush's God speeches...
They'd be even funnier if the outcome hadn't been so tragic.

Yeah in NZ we considered Bush to be a warmongering nutter and that is without knowledge of his 'chosen one' mentality. We had an Atheist PM back at the same time - I suspect she would have insisted that they don't publicise his God rants because she objected.

FYI for anyone interested, NZ actually refused to take part with the coalition in active combat in Iraq. Our PM was a conscious objector of the war and agreed to send in troops to help with rebuilding efforts only. It's about the only thing she ever got right IMO

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Perhaps the most sickening slant of all of this is that Muslim apologists will insist that this is not Islam and will try to ban us from talking about the threat of it's spread.

We need to wake up to the fact that the devil now lives on our doorstep.

That's BS.

Muslims are murdered daily by IS. Probably moreso than Christians and others in the region. Incidentally, it is mostly Muslims who are taking up arms against IS. Surely, you can't paint all Muslims with the same brush when many of them are uninvolved with terrorism and are actively fighting against it...

These broad generalisations are uninformed and tiring. I'm neither a Muslim or an apologist, but these incorrect aspersions are bigoted.

You want to say that IS is representative of Islam? Go to Kurdistan, Iraq or Syria and tell it to the Muslims who are subjected to their torture every day. Tell it to the Muslims who have had their family members murdered by IS. Tell it to the Muslims who are actually doing something about the activities of IS.

Just as we shouldn't judge Christians based on the KKK and Anders Behring Breivik, we shouldn't judge Islam based on Al Qaeda and IS.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
foreignpolicy.com...

Meanwhile Obama speaks out against a "possible hate crime" of those 3 Muslim boys killed. It may be a hate crime, it may not be. Ive seen cases that a complete moron could tell were hate crimes. A few months ago when a Muslim chopped off a co-workers head they called it work place violence. Even thou his Facebook page called for Jihad. Or that kid that was driving home in N.J and was murdered at a stop light by a guy who said it was Jihad. The cases that have straight from the mouth confessions are intentionally called something else, and they don't garner POTUS to take the stage. Why is our president so quick to judge Americans and all Non-Muslim crimes in America so fast? Is he against us? On the other hand he sees countless countries in a war where thousands are brutally murdered by people calling themselves Muslim Jihads. Yet he says the religion has nothing to do with it. Misguided people using the religion. When 3 Muslims are killed in his own country by an American then he must speak out against this possible Hate Crime. I feel like I'm living a 24/7 Candid Camera episode. lol I'm waiting for someone to say "You have been punked". Just crazy. Sorry 4 Da rant!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Obama's White House won't even say the victims are all Coptic Christians, they are just Egyptians in their statements.

This is outright Islam slaughtering Christians. Every single one of the 21 were Christian, not random Egyptian workers they caught.

If there was ever any doubt Obama and his advisers were covering and doing damage control for these animals, it is all but erased now. They are doing everything in their power to roadblock the rallying of public opinion to put an end to this madness.

The whole world is watching and seeing this for what it really is, not the watered down version Obama is putting out there.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

That's BS.

Muslims are murdered daily by IS. Probably moreso than Christians and others in the region. Incidentally, it is mostly Muslims who are taking up arms against IS. Surely, you can't paint all Muslims with the same brush when many of them are uninvolved with terrorism and are actively fighting against it...

Actually, no it's not.

These groups claim they represent 'true' Islam. They want to establish Islamic states and live under Sharia law. They even want to have their own Mohammed man popey thing (Caliphate)

I have said time and time again that I would stand side by side with any Muslim who is prepared to fight against this threat.

It is 100% true when I say the devil lives on our doorstep now. The Sydney Lindt siege is one small example of the threat we now live with. There are more out there in our own countries plotting against us as we speak. The two more that were arrested for terror plots here in OZ are further examples that back up my point.

I will say it again for those who think that by speaking out against Islam I am Islamophobic;

Any Muslim that stands with us and fights against the radical groups like Isis, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood etc etc is not the enemy. We share a common goal - stopping the spread of fundamental Islam by force.

edit on 16-2-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

These groups claim they represent 'true' Islam.

But they don't represent 'true' Islam. You implied that they do.

They want to establish Islamic states and live under Sharia law. They even want to have their own Mohammed man popey thing (Caliphate)

That is correct.

I have said time and time again that I would stand side by side with any Muslim who is prepared to fight against this threat.

You have also presented misleading statistics and questionable information...

You imply that IS represents Islam, even though many more Muslims oppose them.

It is 100% true when I say the devil lives on our doorstep now. The Sydney Lindt siege is one small example of the threat we now live with. There are more out there in our own countries plotting against us as we speak. The two more that were arrested for terror plots here in OZ are further examples that back up my point.

Yes, the threat of terrorism is real, and it should be dealt with.

That said, you imply that Islam and its spread is a threat. You compare it to the devil being on our doorstep, regardless of the fact that most Muslims do not agree with extremism. Perceiving religious extremism (and in extension, terrorism) in a broad sense is futile. You won't achieve anything or gain progress against fundamentalist Islam by implying that IS represents the religion when it clearly does not (despite their claims).

Your statements don't help the overall situation.

I will say it again for those who think that by speaking out against Islam I am Islamophobic;

Any Muslim that stands with us and fights against the radical groups like Isis, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood etc etc is not the enemy. We share a common goal - stopping the spread of fundamental Islam by force.

I don't consider you Islamophobic, and i agree with some of your points. It would seem that our exchange here was caused by a misunderstanding. Your original post implied that Islam is truly represented by IS and its actions...that the religion, in general, is a threat on our doorsteps. Such statements are incorrect. Rather, our enemy is not Islam itself, but those extreme factions inside of the religion.
edit on 16-2-2015 by daaskapital because: quote fix

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Aren't you glad Qaddafi was killed? Libya is so much better now.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The problem with your statement is that its Muslims, only Muslims, save the US that created the problem in the first place that are stopping these madmen.

I'm sorry but I don't quite follow that statement. If you are stating that only Islam can stop the terrorist attacks, then you are wrong. Iraq has said it wants help, but not foreign soldiers. This means that they cannot do it on their own and need our weapons and our money to help.

First off

I didn’t say Islam alone could defeat anything.

I JUST SAID its Muslims now who are fighting ISIS

So how do you blame ALL OF ISLAM for ISIS

If the so called Christian ass holes who attacked IRAQ in 2003 didn’t DO THAT ‘

THERE WOULD BE NO GODDAM ISIS

Second

All that about we don’t want American forces is just BS rhetoric by Iraqi politicians

The Sunni tribes are asking for American troops or heavy weapons

THIRDLY!

This wouldn’t have happened if Khadaffi was there.

Isis wouldn’t even exist if the US NEVER invaded in 2003

And they gave that moron Obama a noble peace prize!

And that Wicked Witch of the West Hillary Clinton whose responsible for the chaos in Libya will be the next president of the US

Or the brother of the jack ass who started the Iraq invasion of 2003

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!

I have trouble understanding most of your posts due to mispellings, strange formatting, improper capitalization/ punctuation, and poor grammar. If I'm off base as a result, let me know, but you seem to have quite the knack for spewing hate filled religious garbage. Why are they (anyone you don't like) labelled as Christians? You don't need to bring your third world barbaric us vs. them world veiw to these forums, they only make you look ignorant and give Islam a bad name. America did not turn you're society into the #hole, back ass, barabaric, inhumane, savage war zone that it is today and you need you to stop shouting this lie all day long. The stone age worldview, inability of many (most) to think critically/ behave civily, disregard for the sanctity of life and barbaric need to CUT PEOPLE'S #ING HEADS OFF are why the ME has become what it has, we're just doing what we can to keep this region in check for us and the sane people that live in misery among you. The war in Iraq was a response to a people who has just flown their way into two of our buildings for believing a different fairy tale than them. Saddam did nothing to ensure stability in this region, and without the war he would still be a murderous sociapath with false ideals leading the middle east into an even worse state. Libya was not invaded by the U.S., it wasn't U.S. soldiers who sodomized Ghaddafi with a knife in a display of twisted, perverse, group based sexual violence. It wasn't the U.S. that harbored Osama bin Laden in their own military complex allowing a deranged mass murderer to cause potential chaos for years on end. It wasn't the U.S. that cut these people's heads off for not believing the same nonsense you align yourself with, and to pretend it is so is an example of the false world veiw you, and many, have. I would be happy if I never again saw the news that an act of violence has been perpetrated by those claiming to represent Islam, but I know it happens every day. If it stays off my homeland I will be relieved. However, the day it does is the day the middle east and it's occupants (crazy and sane) sign their own death sentence. I truly think this will end in one way, one of these ideologies is permanently wiped from our collective society in violent fashion. It won't be the wife beating, headcutting, blood lusting savages like ISIS that win, they are simply too far behind on modern advances to compete with titanium nukes launched from the moon or to even keep things stable in their homes. So keep it up, paint your false picture, but we all know who the true aggressors are and they will be held accountable some day, whether you finally see logic or not.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Must be just another random attack. A lot of those going around lately.

Or maybe it was the oppressed Muslims getting revenge on the Elite Coptic Christian Laborers! The whole 60,000 in a country of 7 million!

And Obama can't even call them terrorists.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

Holy by gum....that is quite ummmm....impressive,are there a lot of people that actually believe everything you just stated.
People that actually tow the government line. I truly am stunned here,I do not back what willtell states,but I have not seen a person run the MSM dribble verbatim,word for word before.
No,killing by ISIS is not acceptable. but ISIS are a hired mercenary army,they are backed by very wealthy people,they are not a religious army,their purpose is very clear.
They are hired to cause division amongst Muslims themselves,so that the SOR (state of Rothschild's) can fulfill their expansionist goals and to set the lead in for the set up of a new world government.
This whole proxy war since 9/11 has been to win the hearts and minds of the American people to justify this war..and now it is winning the hearts and minds of the the European people through the shootings taking place in the EU.
I am now frightened and saddened by your words....because I can see how well it has worked upon you.
Shame that any killing on any side is acceptable in any ones eyes.
iSIS is the proxy army of the USA,SOR,Saudi Arabia and this is why they use media and propaganda techniques...do you not ask yourself how they are so good at getting their media out there so well and the repercussions of it...it gives governments the excuse at the same time to exercise controls on social media, while all the time the people "oh yes please take more of our rights away,please protect us from this evil".
This ISIS thing is a huge propaganda war being orchestrated by the above mentioned, just as the whole 9/11 thing was done by the fore mentioned...and you my friend have not only taken the bait....but you swallowed it...hook,line,sinker.
You should have taken the red pill.
edit on 022828p://f43Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 022828p://f58Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Next, they will be setting a cage of children on fire, if this is true (see image).
There is no end to the goading of the US.
i.imgur.com...
edit on 2/16/2015 by Jim Scott because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jim Scott
Next, they will be setting a cage of children on fire, if this is true (see image).
There is no end to the goading of the US.
i.imgur.com...

You do realise that wasn't Isis killing children it was war protesters that made them pictures? Those children weren't harmed. Be careful what propaganda you believe.

article here with true story
edit on 2141642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

edit on 0441642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3061642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The Qurran teaches peace by the sword. Christianity teaches turn the other cheek. Mohammud or however you spell it brought peace to the middle east by taking over by force. If anyone can claim to be Isis and do something, then they are going to be responsible for alot of stuff. We are not at war with the "Islamic State". The Islamic state is a form of government and legal system similiar to common law and civil law. If we were at war with the "Islamic State" that means Saudi too and Id join the war right now.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
As a German, I'd like to get back to the posts that used the Nazis for comparison. Posters said that you didn't blame the whole of Germany for a few lunatics.

1. Wrong, the whole world DID blame ALL Germans, maybe recently, thanks to the internet and a new generation it has sunk in that not all Germans were to blame but boy oh boy have I been on the receiving end back in the 80s when living in France. And I wasn't even born during the war!

Now with this in mind, I should agree that not all muslims are fanatics right?

2. Yes they are if they are swept up in the general consensus. Just like MOST [not all] Germans believed, thanks to media and other propaganda, that what was happening [the war, not the concentration camps - as MOST Germans didn't even know about them!] was all right and correct.
Germany saw itself getting out of a recession and jobs were created, the weekend was invented and holidays too. It was a really good time. SO if you'd have asked any German, most would have agreed that Hitler was the best thing since sliced bread.

Hence, I will say that MOST muslims will probably agree to ISIs or whatever they call themselves. It doesn't mean that they are not wrong to agree or that they would change their minds if they could just see it from our side; but a middle of the road muslim, who agrees that the Koran is god's word will think that "at last we are taking our religion back", rather than shake his head and say "islam is sooooo bad, we are now against it."
That will NEVER happen.

We don't understand this line of thought because we have not been living as muslims all our lives, we are not living in their country, we did not grow up with their ideas and sentiments.
Even if those ISIs idiots attack their own, it takes far too long to react.

Then I see 90% of this thread bickering about who is worse, christians 1000 years ago or muslims now.
Are you all for real?
The way I put it, both are exactly the same. Christians nowadays however have calmed down about 99%, whilst muslims are just starting to get into gear.
You'd hope that in 1000 years, islam will have calmed down as well but at the moment they are on a crusade [well no, they are on a jihad of course] forcing radical islam on everyone they see, if they don't kill them first.

I keep reading that "not ALL muslims are bad, so stop calling ISIS islamists".
If put into a sentence it sounds daft, because it is.

I have not met or read about or heard from ONE person that they believe ALL muslims are radicals. That is an internet myth. Any human with a braincell knows that there will always be individuals who are not part of the madness.
Most of them will be educated and have seen the light that their religion is mainly a call to war rather than a road to personal, inner enlightenment.

So are members of ISIS mad men or islamists or what?

They are both. They are muslims and they are about 1000 years backwards. They behave like I would expect Ghengis Khan or Vlad the Impaler to have behaved, not anybody who has lived in civilisation.
As to the common people, there will be MANY who agree with ISIS and the way they handle things, from African muslims, to ME muslims and all in between. So it can't be 'just' cultural, because last time I looked Africa was miles away from the ME, yet what binds their ideals together is...wait for it...ISLAM.

Last but not least, the koran allows lying and deception if it leads to the furtherment of islam or if the individual is in danger.

The Qur'an:
Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.

Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves."

Qur'an (9:3) - "...Allah and His Messenger are free from liability to the idolaters..." The dissolution of oaths with the pagans who remained at Mecca following its capture. They did nothing wrong, but were evicted anyway.

Qur'an (40:28) - A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must "hide his faith" among those who are not believers.

Qur'an (2:225) - "Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts" The context of this remark is marriage, which explains why Sharia allows spouses to lie to each other for the greater good.

Qur'an (66:2) - "Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths"

Qur'an (3:54) - "And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers." The Arabic word used here for scheme (or plot) is makara, which literally means 'deceit'. If Allah is supremely deceitful toward unbelievers, then there is little basis for denying that Muslims are allowed to do the same. (See also 8:30 and 10:21)

Taken collectively these verses are interpreted to mean that there are circumstances when a Muslim may be "compelled" to deceive others for a greater purpose.

I can already hear the obligatory: "The webside is dubious" reasoning. However I double checked and the quotes are directly from the Koran, so the site doesn't matter. [evil] source: www.thereligionofpeace.com...

So in short:
Yes, a lot of Germans liked HItler.
Yes, ISIS people are muslims.
Yes, many muslims will agree to ISIs' ways, even if looking 'moderate' on the outside.
Yes, christians were just as bad...1000 years ago.
Yes, islam and christanity are two crazy religions that we could do without as they attracts mentalists.
Yes, what ISIS does is in the name of ISLAM because that is what they are saying and writing on flags.
Yes, muslims are allowed to lie to keep themselves save.
Now go back to the top and keep reading these points.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

sufi?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I think it is better to see the proof than not.

Its like a court case.... if the evidence is provided... then the person in the dock should be given his due punishment.

Hasn't there been tons of threads on ATS about how WMD's were never found in Iraq, yet Saddam was still chased down??

Don't get me wrong, I know its happening because I've been in tune with the times.... just want to know how they catch the video so quick. I doubt it goes up on YT now
edit on CSTMon, 16 Feb 2015 09:25:36 -0600u2809x036x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

YT and ATS have policies on not showing murder and gore to this level, you have to be quick to see them. There was a thread on Sharia law that showed a woman being beheaded in a public square. I saw the vid before ATS deleted the thread and it was awful - trust me, sometimes it's better not to see.

I guess you are right. I was just wondering how the video gets taken down so quick... as soon as its put up usually and how, when all the IS sites were taken down. How do they find their sites so quick?

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The problem with your statement is that its Muslims, only Muslims, save the US that created the problem in the first place that are stopping these madmen.

Its is the US that opened this pandoras box to hell

In the original Iraqi invasion in 2003 and that stupid Hillary Clinton( Barack Obama the lap dog) overthrow of the Libyan government of Libya.

Last I read, ISIS had 100,000 members, could be correct or not. But at what point, regardless of who created the mess, do those MILLIONS and MILLIONS of people directly affected by ISIS gather together and fight against this evil?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join