It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Africa’s untold truths about Post-Apartheid.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

No offense meant, but you clearly have no idea how things work here.

The majority of people here are voting primarily according to race, tribe,... sad but true. They belive that if a "white man" becomes president he will IMMEDIATELY reinstate apartheid, as if we enjoyed living in a country which was sanctioned internationally and only wore "khaki" shorts and had to listen to springbok treffers (thats for my fellow S.A brothers/sister
)

We are being sucked dry by a government that has such a massive level of corruption and nepotism that there is no funds available to run things efficiently and we, the tax payers, must just supply more (to be stolen)

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

Its nice to see another White "Afrikaner" South African male here on ATS. its good to see I'm not alone.

Anyway, most white people in SA will agree with the points, but they will all arrive to those point in different ways, so no offence at all.

SA was built up by the White 'Afrikaans' people, but yes, after our first democratic election, all of the hard work was forgotten and removed. I mean we were a first world country, and after just 5 years of the new democracy, it was a 3rd world country.

I am inclined to say that a democracy is the WORST thing for a country.

a reply to: Dmvr34

For those who does not know the history of the Zimbabwean Currency, here is a sad fact.

This little guy is going to buy himself 1 bread.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

And no offense meant hey.

The bits I didnt agree with was the "Nazi" part.....
They are not well loved around here and associating with them might put things in a bad light.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Regarding the little guy with the stack of $millions Zim---back during their days as Rhodesia, the Rhodesian dollar was essentially equal to the US dollar back then (about $10 today). The crooked government printed so much, and the value depreciated so quickly that by the early 2000's, they were printing $100 trillion denomination notes. They essentially gave up on printing money last year and use foreign currency now.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

Yup I know. I spent some time there about 2 yeard ago, a brought back one of each of their notes (now known there as "Funny Money")

<< 5  6  7   >>

join