It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird phone calls

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
It wasn't an iPhone, it was a Samsung Galaxy.

Oh, well. ios4 had a bug that could give you fake 'alien voice' calls.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
My folks had an old cordless that would make calls to flint Michigan. Different numbers, different call lengths, etc. Only record was on the long distance phone bill. Always to flint Michigan though.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Years ago around 2005, 2006 I got a weird called on my Motorola Razor. There was no number in my call log only a voice message, that was sung in a language that I've never heard before. I remember when I first listened to it, it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside for reasons I don't even know. It was so weird because even through it didn't sound like a human language, it was almost as if I could understand it but at the same time not understand it. I don't know, it was just weird.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
International lines get garbled with todays networks, like a crossed line but in a packet switching sense...

If your phone is not charged or plugged in (depending on tech), and then starts calling with weird #, let me know.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What's the geographical seperation between you and your granddaughter? If she was calling from across country or states, or similar longer distances, the chances of a garbled call are higher.

If she lives in the same state, and more so, same city as you the chances are lower. However that doesn't mean it still can't be a garbled or misrouted call.

If a call was initiated and your phone was not the intended destination, but the routing got it to you by accident, then it could also be distorted. It would also not necessarily prompt a call log; as the call wasn't intended to be routed to you.

Several years back when I was working with a cellular network engineering team, we'd have test calls route wrong and either ring the wrong phone with no CDR (call dialing record) or hit their destination correctly but come off highly roboticized or garbled due to other interference.

I've experienced the same issues occur in a more conventional Cisco UCM (VoIP) infrastructure as well.

Typically I'd say there's nothing paranormal about these events.

Typically. But I've had one time where I'd been on an active call with a friend across country for about an hour and all of a sudden it sounded like we were connected to the gates of hell. The only reason that creeped me out was because it's usually uncommon something like that happen on an established connection.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnmitigatedDisaster
What's the geographical seperation between you and your granddaughter? If she was calling from across country or states, or similar longer distances, the chances of a garbled call are higher.

If she lives in the same state, and more so, same city as you the chances are lower. However that doesn't mean it still can't be a garbled or misrouted call.

We don't live in the US, but she lives about a three hours drive away from me.

I think it seemed strange to me because it seemed to cut in and out- silence like the connection was cut, then alternating to opening back to many strange voices that sounded ...metallic? It sounded exactly like what I've heard in so-called EVP recordings. That was what it was that made me think "paranormal".. along with the fact that I was thinking about paranormal topics at the time. I had been wishing I had some sort of guidance from a "bigger viewpoint" on an issue concerning my current life path. I was probably hoping some would come. Oh well.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I do believe this was a call from the spirit world, specially since you are reading about it and has in some way, which is only natural, opened up your energies. The spirit world feels this and feel it safe now to contact you. As several persons has mentioned here, spirits often try to make contact through electronics because they can influence the subtle electric energy in them.

Try to think about this - do you have any relative who has died earl in their life? Or do know any one close to you? This might be the girl who is trying to contact you, just to say hello to you now that you are "open".

I have myself sort of experienced this - after my mother died I dreamt that she called me as she usually did in real life. When I asked her how she could call me from the spirit world she just said "oh, there are many things we can do from here", calling being one of them.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Aurvandil

The closest person to me to have passed away is my mom.
For some reason I didn't think of her at the time I listened to the recording though.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, this is going to sound wacko, and i'm not in the least saying I believe in this sort of thing, but the idea popped into mind so I thought I'd put out here:

Maybe it has something to do with crossed timelines? I mean, maybe you thought of your granddaughter because somehow the 'whispering child' was you from age three?

In the studies on reincarnation and children, the kids are usually about age three when they start indicating memories of past lives, soooo...

....maybe the call has something to do with crossed timelines between a previous life of yours (which you may have, if only subconsciously, had some slight memory of at age three), and you yourself at age three and now....?

When the call came you had been (reading?) thinking on the topic of past lives, were you thinking about it in relation to your own 'history'?

Again, I don't think that I really subscribe to this theory, but I have an open mind and I know you do as well, so I thought it worth mentioning..

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Is this on a Verizon cell phone by any chance? If so, you can listen to the options at the end of the voicemail and it will give you envelope information (including a phone number). Press 0 after the message for more options and then listen for envelope information.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I couldn't help thinking a bit about my own history, because when I was little (it is said by the members of my family) I used to see and talk to people who no one else could see. When I was four, I used to talk about a "funny man" I always saw around, that would do antics to make me laugh. My mother was pregnant with my little brother at that time. One night she went into labor, and they were heading off for the hospital, when I came out of my room asking why the funny man was crying! That was the last time I ever saw him.

I used to laugh and play at night in my bed every night. A friend of my mom was a medium, and she took a look in the room- she claimed I was playing with the souls of unborn babies. She told them that I needed to sleep, and they needed to leave, and it never happened again.

There are a bunch of these silly stories about me as small child that the family loves to tell - but I don't remember any of it, and they are probably greatly embellished.

The idea you bring up is interesting to consider- it hadn't come to my mind. How would you comprehend crossed timelines? I don't think I have ever really heard of that...

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Is this on a Verizon cell phone by any chance? If so, you can listen to the options at the end of the voicemail and it will give you envelope information (including a phone number). Press 0 after the message for more options and then listen for envelope information.

Ah... no, I am not in the US, we don't have Verizon. But my messages are usually preceded by the time of the call and the number it came from. I have never had it say nothing about where it came from at all! Even if the number is blocked, it will say it came from "a private number". This time it didn't.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I had been wishing I had some sort of guidance from a "bigger viewpoint" on an issue concerning my current life path. I was probably hoping some would come. Oh well.

It did. 'Listen to your grandaughter.'
Maybe.

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
How would you comprehend crossed timelines? I don't think I have ever really heard of that...

Oh gosh, the word "crossed" was not a great choice, and yet I'm not certain there is a 'term' for what I was conceptualizing, but it has to do with the idea that time 'might not' be linear, that maybe 'signals' from different times can sort of 'overlap' in certain circumstances.

My mind has played around with the idea of time travel for decades (not that I necessarily believe it possible), and my family are huge fans of the BBC show "Doctor Who", which is about a time traveler and thus brings up the concept of the 'mutability' of time (or more accurately, I suppose, 'things that happen' in time)...

....Anyway, at one point, it occurred to me that if time travel were really to exist, it would most likely not be in the physical sense - I mean that it would be your consciousness rather than your body which could travel in time, and this was 'where' my mind was when I wrote that post about your phone call.

I'm sorry, sometimes my mind conceptualizes things in 'whole' and then I have to try and find the right words to describe the concepts to others, and unfortunately, I am very poor at putting my thoughts into words that accurately convey my meaning.

(ATS really needs an emoticon of a shoulder shrug
)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

I'm sorry, sometimes my mind conceptualizes things in 'whole' and then I have to try and find the right words to describe the concepts to others, and unfortunately, I am very poor at putting my thoughts into words that accurately convey my meaning.

(ATS really needs an emoticon of a shoulder shrug
)

I think you're doing fine! It is a complex idea, and some of he best ideas come to us that way- sort of whole ... and not easy to un-zip into linear thought and language. It's profound enough to think about for a while!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Had the same thing happen to me while I was on the iPhone to my buddy talking about UFO's at 2am in the morning. It sounded freaky but honestly the explanation is simple. It doesn't matter what mobile phone you're on, it's the signal that gets distorted during delivery to your mobile phone by the tower. It might have a bleed over from other signals. Usually it's sign that you have received a weak mobile phone signal. Do a search on YouTube, like I did, and you'll find plenty of people that uploaded similar recordings to what you experienced. Sadly, many people think these are demonic recordings from their mobile phones when it's just technological glitches.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Thinking too much about it...it was nothing

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I know you called. I know you called. I know you hung up my line. Star 69.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: exsanguination45
Thinking too much about it...it was nothing

Probably. But it was fun while it lasted.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Its interesting because you also have another thread titled "ghost in the machine" talking about sort of similiar phenomenom.

It seems to me like something might be trying to tell you something, am I a psychic? No. But I have had similiar experiences with electronic equipment. For instance like you I would be sitting reading and my phone would ring with an unknown number most of the time stopping ringing very shortly after it started and every time I was in time to pick it up it was just an instant hang up. Another thing I have is with lights, I had an experience once when i was walking under a lampost, the light went out, as I got closer to the next one that one went out and the previous one came back on, happened for 3 posts. Ever since then really I've noticed when I get close to lights sometimes they react, had things like that happen for years now. Even in my house the hall light seems to have a mind of its own, its never worked since I had the place, then one day it just came on and ever since it randomly does it. The other main thing is electric clocks, seemingly whenever I would check the time it would be a double number like 12:12 16:16 always this would strike me when before I would of just discounted it but it started happening more frequently and I started to take these things as signs. Im not entirely sure what the signs are trying to tell me I just know they have some relevance to me specifically. I have never thought them to be malevolent in anyway.

All my malevolent experiences have been very direct. A voice in my head, knowing someone is watching me from the corner of the room (there doing it now), she is never on the ground when im awake, always above so her head is pretty much on the celing she has long black hair and though her body and frame appear quite young she seems very old her face is twisted and she smiles in a very strange way one that does not make her look happy. She is trying to scare me, sometimes she sits on my chest whilst I have sleep paralysis and I cannot move. This is just one example of malevolent signs. The reason behind them is either A) I'm severely mentally ill B) There are evil forces trying to scare me C) Both.

Now sorry if it seems I got off topic there, but what i'm trying to say is the way I would of took that sign would of been benevolent messaging. Especially in the circumstances where you where reading and said you had a deep affinity with your grand daughter my guess is the "benevolent" ones where trying to tell you something. Not so directly as I do not believe that is how they work, but subtetly confirming a thought you may of had at the time, or denying one could be possible. Those ones work in very strange and mysterious ways. Anyway I believe the things you've been experiencing with elecronic equipment are non maliscous, at least they are from my experiences. The ones who are very direct and let you know right away that they are here are IMO the dangerous ones.

When I have those electronic experiences now I am usually quite happy and un-alarmed by them. Like you the first thing that pops into my head is a loved one or family member when that happens, or sometimes something even greater than that which I have never met.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join