It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Get a Free Car...Texas Style!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The VIDS explain it all.

Watching what happened I don't believe she knew that she was helping the police unless she heard it on the radio or seen it unfolding in her rear view. I think she got hit and when the driver tried running she got pissed enough to tackle him. But who cares? She got the car!

The Texas “mama bear” who made headlines after ripping a car chase suspect from his vehicle Wednesday was left stunned Thursday afternoon by the generosity of a local Kia dealership.

The “mama bear” arrived at the dealership thinking she was going to receive a free loaner car to drive for a while, but the local business had something else in mind. The dealership presented her with three brand new cars and asked her to pick one to keep

From this:

To this:

And that's how it's done...Texas Style!

Peace

edit on 15-2-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Good for her, but she was very lucky the guy she grabbed didn't have a gun who could have ended up shooting her. I wouldn't want my wife to do this, considering how crazy some people could be.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Did she know the guy who hit her was being chased by the cops or was she just beating up some asshole who ran into her? Seems like this is promoting over-aggression and/or the idea that citizens should take the law into their own hands.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Good for her, but she was very lucky the guy she grabbed didn't have a gun who could have ended up shooting her. I wouldn't want my wife to do this, considering how crazy some people could be.

Absolutely.

The heat of the moment makes us do things that at other times might seem crazy. At least it worked out in her favor as it certainly could have been a very different outcome. Especially in Texas where guns are not in short supply.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

edit on 2/15/2015 by Klassified because: Nevermind

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
Did she know the guy who hit her was being chased by the cops or was she just beating up some asshole who ran into her? Seems like this is promoting over-aggression and/or the idea that citizens should take the law into their own hands.

As I mentioned in the OP, I believe she was just pissed that she got hit and was stopping him from running from her insurance.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Never anger a Texas momma bear in protective mode. That said, I say well done. Glad they recognized her in that way. It's frightening to consider the 'what if he'd been packing' scenario, but it is Texas after all and she surely must have considered that at some point in her life. Maybe her anger and outrage just threw all caution to the wind.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

Never anger a Texas momma bear in protective mode. That said, I say well done. Glad they recognized her in that way. It's frightening to consider the 'what if he'd been packing' scenario, but it is Texas after all and she surely must have considered that at some point in her life. Maybe her anger and outrage just threw all caution to the wind.

Just thinking of dealing with insurance companies can put many over the top.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Seems like this is promoting over-aggression and/or the idea that citizens should take the law into their own hands.

Citizens can take the law into their own hands via Citizen's Arrest although they do not have the same liability protection as police in mistake of fact circumstances.

In general, a private person is justified in using non-deadly force upon another if he reasonably believes that: (1) such other person is committing a felony, or a misdemeanor amounting to a breach of the peace; and (2) the force used is necessary to prevent further commission of the offense and to apprehend the offender. The force must be reasonable under the circumstances to restrain the individual arrested. This includes the nature of the offense and the amount of force required to overcome resistance. Source

edit on 15-2-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. It looked more like road rage. If she had no idea that guy stole the car, he could have just been getting out to see if they were all okay. It didn't even look like he was getting out to run away.

If he got out and started to run and they roughed him up, that would be different but, for all they knew, this guy only made a mistake and was trying to get out to check on everything. If that guy wasn't being chased by a cop, she would probably be in jail.

It's all a matter of context and that raging lady was lucky he was a criminal and not simply a random dude with faulty breaks.

ps edit - If if did steal a car and cops were chasing me, I'd rather a citizen take me down than trying to surrender to police who would just shoot me with my hands up so maybe she did do him a favor, after all.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Cuervo because: added stuffs.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

He's lucky she didn't have one, also.
That simultaneous door slam and palm to the head was great.
What about the guy who got knocked through the intersection?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I hope Jessica has good home security installed , as some of the dudes mates might pay her a visit now she has put her name out there , brave and stupid all in one

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Now, that's one woman I wouldn't want to get mad at me. That's really cool what they did, giving her the car and all.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Now, that's one woman I wouldn't want to get mad at me. That's really cool what they did, giving her the car and all.

They will make up for it with the free publicity and the prices they will jack up until they get the purchase price for the van they gave away.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

They will make up for it with the free publicity and the prices they will jack up until they get the purchase price for the van they gave away.

What are they going to do, sell Kias above sticker price?

How about that they did something nice for her and take a much less cynical approach.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I dated a Texas girl when I lived in Alberta. Man you do not piss off Texas women that's for dam sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What are they going to do, sell Kias above sticker price?

How about that they did something nice for her and take a much less cynical approach.

So I take it you have never been to a car lot have you? Southwest KIA also sells used cars I never said anything about new cars you just assumed that.
What I said wasn't cynical what I said was just how the real world works. No for profit company gives anything away free unless they are going to get something out of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Geez Buster don't be such a stick in the mud. They did a decent thing and knowing Texas car dealerships I'm sure they are large enough to absorb the cost of one van.

Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

So I take it you have never been to a car lot have you? Southwest KIA also sells used cars I never said anything about new cars you just assumed that.

With the plethora of car sales data sites and publications only a cretin would overpay for a vehicle. Who buys a car without doing any homework?

What I said wasn't cynical what I said was just how the real world works. No for profit company gives anything away free unless they are going to get something out of it.

Is that so? The for profit company I work for donates a substantial amount of product to Habitat for Humanity and we receive nothing for it except that it is written off as donated (which is the same as any private citizen making a donation).

edit on 15-2-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No, citizens should not take the law into their own hands.

But justice? Damn straight. Justice is for the victim to have, and has nothing to do with law.

I wouldn't want my wife doing that....but she would. I rememer when someone tried to steal her purse, and how well that went over with her. LOL.

Subdued people will sit calmly and wait for someone else to be their hero. Free people won't. Because justice is ours to have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join