It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto: the real reason for the conflict in the Ukraine??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

A very interesting read and thanks for posting this one, I believe that us (the public) and the major companies are about to clash and clash like no other time in history.

Many thanks for all your effort involved in posting this thread.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Looks like Monsanto would really like to test their products in the fertile land of the Ukraine.

I wonder if Ireland had a similar clause when they were bailed out?

Edit - interesting information relating to GMO crops in Ireland. In 2007 (before the bailout) the Government declared Ireland a GMO free country. Yet in 2012 (post bailout) it allowed a crop of genetically modified potatoes to be sown.

www.gmo-free-regions.org...

Wow that is an eye opener, I am sure not only I thought of the Potatoe Famine as soon as I saw your post before reading the link.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Key words: small farming is entirely eliminated. So it's totally ok that all of their lifestyles and jobs and land passed down generations are now in the garbage. Totally! I bet they all LOVE that!
a reply to: noeltrotsky

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Beat me to it, good thread.
It's part of the reason(many others too) for the interest in the area. Higher ups paid off/put in place, as always, making way for this. Also, see IMF loan money granted.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

All these poor people, on both sides, fighting to make the wealthy criminals richer, thinking that they are fighting a patriotic war... all of the corporations and oligarchs see us as nothing more than pawns to be sacrificed

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
I don't find a link between 'taking over' Ukraine and Monsanto.

There is lots of discussion about new companies moving into countries and 'taking over' after 'installing their government'. The reality in Ukraine is very different.

Ukraine is a country that has been performing extremely poorly economically. The people have been suffering for over a generation now with no end in sight to this suffering. People who say the events of the Maiden revolution were a 'Western takeover' really have no understanding of the depths of this suffering. People from little villages all over the country traveled to Maiden so they could affect change. Change that was desperately needed...so desperately that people gave their lives to make sure it happened. It is insulting to the sacrifices of so many Ukrainians to claim it a Western or US takeover.

Of course when a country kicks out the old government then they want NEW companies to come in and invest in the country. The NEW government changes laws and regulations on purpose because they are desperate for new investment. There is a large debate about Monsanto and GM crops, but it really isn't part of the Ukrainian government. They are simply considering Monsanto as a company willing to invest in the country at a time when they are desperate for that investment. Of course Monsanto is trying to crack the EU market by getting into Ukraine early and big. It's a strategic move for the company.

Don't link the two with a fake conspiracy however. The people of Ukraine paid dearly for their new government. They deserve the right to pick new companies to enter and change the generation of economic suffering imposed by the Soviets and their heirs.

I would basically agree with this. Monsanto and the Natural Gas conspiracy theories are rather weak. However rich Ukraine is in Natural Gas and Agriculture, they are badly mismanaged. The people of Ukraine want an end to incredible mismanagement, economic depression, bribes, the black economy and overall corruption. Unless they get what they want, there will be a Second Revolution.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

People made similar arguments about the US invasion of Iraq and how the US just wanted the Oil. The fact is that a good portion of Iraqi Oil production and reserves when to a variety of multinationals including China. In fact the three largest buyers of Iraqi Oil were India, Chevron and China.

So all the 'conspiracy' threads about the US attacking Iraq for it's Oil are now officially BS.

*** SNIP - MANNERS WARNING ***

Having control of the oil is not the same as keeping all the oil for yourself. Off course the oil is sold to other parties.

It's about controlling it.

edit on 2/16/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Good thread!

I don't think this is the sole reason for the interest in Ukraine, but a part of the package.
edit on 16-2-2015 by MarkMyWords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Monsanto could just be a hydra front for some Red Skull type figures with all the bad stuff they do like genetically modifying all our food.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
For some strange reason this doesn't surprise me. I live by farmers, and the pesticides they are FORCED to use fry ovaries and farm families have the highest rate in the country (USA) of having kids suffering from retardation, if they can have kids ... It's scary and sick, and something you will not hear about on the 10 'O clock news. I wouldn't believe any of it had I not worked with local farmers in retail.

But I digress, measles is far more important . . . . .
edit on 16-2-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

You are correct that Monsanto now has foot in the door in Ukraine

But it is deeper than that

US government job is to cut country into pieces and US business's job is to pick up the pieces and profit at the expense of locals

But it is more than that. They want to overall hurt Russia too

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

...And by the US, I mean the corporations like Bayer and Monsanto...

Sorry, but Bayer is german.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hey nice post. Found an interesting article that suggests Monsanto are not only targeting the Ukraine, but rather both sides of the conflict. Russia's failing economy apparently offers a tempting target for Monsanto to apply it's business model, despite the fact that Russia has been hostile to biotech crops (Ukraine and Europe historically also). The following was taken from an article in the Moscow Times

"Monsanto, the world's largest seed company, plans to open its first plant in Russia in coming years, stepping up its activities in the world's fourth largest grain producer as it seeks to counter the effects of a plunging ruble.

The ruble has almost halved in value against the dollar in the past year, hit by falling oil prices, a crumbling economy and political tensions, making local production more attractive.

"We have plans to increase local-produced seeds in Russia and to have a facility there," Leticia Goncalves, who heads Monsanto's operations in Europe and the Middle East, said in an interview on Thursday."

Full artile here

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Ah it is good to be back!

This is the first thread I have taken the time to read in weeks and would like to begin by saying.... Well done DontTreadonme!

I am not surprised in the least that Monsanto's dirty little hands are helping to orchestrate things in this conflict! I had assumed this back when blackwater or whatever they wish to call themselves now where caught in the area!

I wonder how the pro Nato/Fascists Coup will come in here screaming about how this is still simply Russia's fault!

I have already made note of the pro monsanto/ "pro peoples choice" comments!

People's wiling ignorance continues to crack me up!

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago02America/Chicago228amMonday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
When companies, like Monsanto, have the audacity to sue 'us' - like Monsanto, for wanting to be clean and healthy and right - then it's time for ALL OF US, to protest en masse.

And, I think, someone needs to do something to that freaking George Soros. Hint, hint!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Monsanto is a key player in brokering the EU/US trade deal or commonly referred to as the TTIP. The trade deal hinges on Monsanto's ability to introduce GM crops into eastern countries, such as Ukraine, by virtually eliminating regulation or removing any regulatory barriers that would prevent it otherwise from succeeding.

Source

The negotiation agenda is very broad. According to the leaked EU draft mandate(link is external) it is likely to include “goods and services as well as rules on trade and investment related issues with particular focus on removingunnecessary regulatory barriers”, with the aim of promoting “the untapped potential of a truly transatlantic market place”. Basically, this means tackling what the Office of the United States Trade Representative understands as “technical barriers for trade”, among them EU restrictions on GMOs.

Is the seed industry about to win a decisive victory over food chain control

So, what would this proposal do:

The EU is about to reform the entire EU legislation on seed marketing (12 directives), turning it into a single regulation for all member states.1 Such a reform, which narrows the scope for interpretation at a national level, represents a unique opportunity for the seed industry to consolidate its dominance in this sector and to get rid of “competitors”

"In this instance, the “competitors” are farmers, organic breeders and individuals that currently produce agricultural seed varieties outside the conventional industrial framework and which are free of intellectual property rights."

But not only gmo's. This will also reduce regulations for these corporations to introduce chlorinated chickens and hormone treated beef.

(same source)

Even the leaders of the Senate Finance Committee, in a letter(link is external) to U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk, made it clear that any agreement must also reduce EU restrictions on genetically modified crops, chlorinated chickens and hormone-treated beef.

edit on 16-2-2015 by Daedal because: edit

edit on 16-2-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Good post.
It makes me Sick to be a part of the west!
some think must be done to Stop them!
Please I beg you...............

edit on 16-2-2015 by buddha because: spilling!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
All conflicts like this tend to run deep, and nothing is ever as it seems. The same rings true for conflicts like in Georgia (the country). These are usually conflicts to determine territorial control by the men and women behind the curtain.

Always makes me wonder what our history books would look like if they were filled with the truth..

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
To control certain aspects of life enables some to control certain markets.
Manipulation of weather contributes to the control of what?

To control the people one may deem it necessary to control food supply. An army marches on its belly.
Yet GM foods play to the tune of certain companies that benefit financially from medicine and vaccinations.

In regard to Monsanto. ......Monsanto is a banner it's the people behind the banner you should all be looking at and into.
Not only monsanto either.

So....IF and it's a big if certain GM foods have a negative affect on people's health and the environment........
then would it be wise to research those who will be offering up their services (at a cost) to put it right?

Then we have the other branches to this Ukraine situation....
1:- Pyramids????? (Dont know how true that is.....anyone?

2:- Then we have Istanbul, Constantiple, Byzantium only entrance into the black sea.
3:- The 7 hills....almost firs religious scriptures. ....or does it? given historic church and Jerusalem?

4:- There's more but is anyone truly interested in doing their own research?

It's in regard to religion.
It's to do with control.
It's to do with money.

It's nothing to do with any people of any nation imho and it's everything to do with the leaders and corporations.....but you must look beyond the heads and crowns!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join