It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is a death cult

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Punisher75

Im Not trying to be insulting... just stating a fact...

No you are stating an opinon.

You can't make the god of the OT look good... its just not possible...

No, you cannot make God look good because he as God gets to define what Good is. We are not privy to the Future God is. I have no way of knowing (because its not stated) what God saw in the future to know if what he commanded is just or not. I am not God.

You can have all the faith in the world, but that particular entity is a blood thirsty tyrant...

Again Opinion,

Christians don't realise this because they don't actually read the book for the most part... they listen to their pastors

I agree most people who self identify as a Christan do not read their Bibles.

Example... IF the book of job is real...(lucky for Christianity its not) look what this god did to job, who was a "righteous man" good in all ways... just to prove to satan (of all people!!) that job was faithful

Yep sometimes the Potter will find diffrent uses for his clay.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So Moses' words in this instance weren't inspired by God's truth? Hmmmm...

LOL

There goes the 10 Commandments and the Creation Story to boot!

HAHA!

link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nice. Another Christian hating circle-jerk lead by none other than the "enlightened one". Tell me, does it feel good calling us a bunch of necromancers and haters?

Every system should be challenged and Christianity is no exception. Just because you can't handle criticism doesn't mean we are hating on your religion. There are many valid points raised about the bible and its teachings, and they should not be ignored. It would be much more healthy for Christianity and its adherents to not get so offended and instead look at the teachings through perspectives other than those espoused by their local pastor or church.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2015 by Punisher75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Read what Jesus said: "You are only forgiven when you forgive others. If you do not forgive others then you are not forgiven."

Pretty clear cut, but if you're trying to use another passage to discount Jesus' words, that's on you.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

So Moses' words in this instance weren't inspired by God's truth? Hmmmm...

No more and no less than the Apostle Pauls.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

So what's your point exactly? Are they inspired by God's word or not?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

No, he's not. He's addressing the skeptics in the room.

But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?

This is the very same criticism many of you level even now. He is addressing it. If you prefer to believe that he is justifying your belief. So be it.

However, you the context of his preaching would have been to room of Jews in all likelihood, Jews who might have even seen Christ preach once. To disbelieve in what he is preaching to them would invalidate all Paul, as a Jew himself who believed that Christ fulfilled the prophecies of the OT as Messiah, held sacred, and he would have expected them to see it the same way.

So for him, it would have been all or nothing. But that's not surprising for someone as zealous in his faith as Paul was. It's also not surprising that his arguments are difficult to follow. The man was a lawyer.

link   

There's no contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) that Jesus ever lived. The words attributed to Jesus were written by people who didn't live when he allegedly lived. Other than that, yes, Christianity is clearly a death cult.

link   

Im not addressing the poster so much as I am facing my accuser. Why should I address your points when you have ignored them in the past? You always concoct a way to justify yourself rather than facing the truth.

We believe life is in the Son of God. If you abide in the world rather than the Son, who laid His own life down for you, then it is you who embraces death. Your life will end with your physical passing, but whoever believe on the Son will have the resurrection of life.

Who is in the death cult now?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

So what's your point exactly? Are they inspired by God's word or not?

In my Opinion yes indeed they are.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It isn't often I find myself on the other side of the fence but, I disagree that Xtianity is a death cult. Heaven's Gate was a death cult. Kanungu was a death cult.

Protestant xtians at least, do not worship the death of Christ on a cross. If you'll notice, the protestant cross is empty. The reason being, they worship a risen Christ, not a dead one. Christ's death, and subsequent resurrection paved the way to life, not death. The symbolism of the empty cross is that death has been conquered. "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, Where is thy victory?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

There's no contemporaneous documentation (ie. historical evidence) that Jesus ever lived. The words attributed to Jesus were written by people who didn't live when he allegedly lived. Other than that, yes, Christianity is clearly a death cult.

Not even Bart Ehrman buys this idea, and he is hardly a believer.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Why is he telling people not to sin when it is unavoidable? It doesn't matter who he is addressing, what matters is that he tells them to stop sinning. Why is he telling them to do the impossible?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
It isn't often I find myself on the other side of the fence but, I disagree that Xtianity is a death cult. Heaven's Gate was a death cult. Kanungu was a death cult.

Protestant xtians at least, do not worship the death of Christ on a cross. If you'll notice, the protestant cross is empty. The reason being, they worship a risen Christ, not a dead one. Christ's death, and subsequent resurrection paved the way to life, not death. The symbolism of the empty cross is that death has been conquered. "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, Where is thy victory?

LOL well thanks for that, even though you are not a believer. I can respect that you don't agree with Christians on their faith but I am glad you recognize that we are not a death cult. LOL

link   

No you are stating an opinon.

yes... It is my opinion that an entity that nukes whole cities, men, women, and children within.... Has no problem with rape... or killing women and children on a regular basis... is a blood thirsty tyrant...

No, you cannot make God look good because he as God gets to define what Good is. We are not privy to the Future God is. I have no way of knowing (because its not stated) what God saw in the future to know if what he commanded is just or not. I am not God.

Oh on the contrary... It is stated, perhaps you should read revelation...

and this entity does not know what good is... Nor does he/she/it know or understand mercy, or forgiveness... or empathy... he/she/it, is jealous, envious... wrathful... Pathetic... and not worthy of anyones worship

and yes that is an opinion based on the same book you're talking about...

I agree most people who self identify as a Christan do not read their Bibles.

Well at least we can agree on something here

Yep sometimes the Potter will find diffrent uses for his clay.

IF that includes giving his clay diseases, killing his "clay's" animals, destroying his clay's possessions... and killing members of his family...

yeaaaah... I guess you have a point...

But not really...

edit on 14-2-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

link   

Read what Jesus said: "You are only forgiven when you forgive others. If you do not forgive others then you are not forgiven."

Pretty clear cut, but if you're trying to use another passage to discount Jesus' words, that's on you.

Not a word attributed to Jesus was written or spoken by Jesus. Not one word attributed to Jesus was written by anyone who lived when Jesus allegedly lived and heard him say anything. Surely, you know that.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Those people in Heaven's Gate believed death brought life, which is why they killed themselves. The only difference is that Christians believe another man's death brings them life. Potayto, potahto.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Punisher75

originally posted by: Tangerine

Not even Bart Ehrman buys this idea, and he is hardly a believer.

Actually, Bart Ehrman flat-out states, "The negative arguments are such things as the fact that there’s no physical evidence or archaeological evidence that Jesus existed—which is absolutely true. There are no writings from Jesus—absolutely true. There are no Roman sources from Jesus’ day that mention Jesus—again, true."

edit on 14-2-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Yet the words are still there to be read. It doesn't matter what name is attributed to them, what matters is the fact that the words exist in one form or another.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join