It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 40 Ways Putin’s Russia is Alarmingly Reminiscent of 1930s Nazi Germany

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Let me guess, you don't like Russia. Let me put on my surprised face.....
damn, lost it.

I can deal with dumb, it's stupid that drives me crazy. You can teach dumb but stupid is as stupid does.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

On the other hand the US has its share of nazis, zealots, and other murderous thugs (mic and bankers for instance) that play a strong role in dictating our policies and enforcing them around the world.

Very well said !! 10 STARS.

We can understand why they would want to conduct regime changes in Middle East.........to modernize the Arab societies so that they do not breed terrorists minded people. Accepted but that approach failed badly in ME. Regime changes created more chaos and problems for people.

Now! why would they want to conduct regime change in Russia, China etc. That's where your words hit the point.

Total Global Domination with covert Nazi approaches and philosophies. That is the main agenda of NWO and Russia is a big obstacle in that path.

Other nations like China, India, Middle East, South America, Japan should take notes and HELP Russia in fighting off this NWO agenda..........otherwise down the road these above mentioned nations and regional blocs stand to suffer from subjugation, humiliation and exploitation..............like carried out by Imperialist Power like Great Britain, France, Dutch etc. from 15th Century to WWII. Then nuclear powered USSR stood in the path of AngloSaxon powers. After 1991, when USSR vanished, this Imperialist Agenda was put back into focus and actually worked upon with deligent brutality.
edit on 15-2-2015 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Those 40 points are very interesting and convincing about Nazi Germany. About Putin, there are a few key points he does not qualify for. He never wrote a Manifesto, i.e anything resembling Mein Kampf, he is not into genocide, racism, antisemitism, violent purges, revenge against any nation state (in particular the US about how the USSR was ruined), and compared to the US, Putin does not hold a candle to The West on Regime Change policies, invasions and wars over the last 15 years. Putin takes Crimea, but Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Egypt, etc. are ignorable? What he does resemble is the Strongman that emerges from failed or ruined states where a concentration of power is allowed by the population for the purpose of reconstruction. Indeed, such a political trajectory may resemble fascism, but compared to Hitler or The Western track record of the last 15 years, we would best worry about our own governments.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

And they can do that. It doesn't matter whether you agree,I agree or anyone agrees with it or not. ITS THEIR COUNTRY,THEIR LAWS,THEIR RULES. Nothing to be done about it. We don't need to run the world and make every other country in our image. Not that that is what we are trying to do, after all,we suck up to the Sauds and they chop off heads every other day it seems.

If I were in the homosexual community,I most certainly wouldn't be heading to Russia or any Middle eastern countries.But telling them what they can and can't do? Not my business. Nor is it anyone Else's that doesn't live and isn't a citizen there. Very telling in the link that people walk by and see it,and either ignore it,or cheer them on. So what does that tell you? That society believes that way. Period.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This just in:

Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny detained in Moscow subway

Police have detained Russian opposition leader and well-known Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny, who was handing out leaflets in the Moscow subway. Navalny was raising support for an anti-government rally.

Navalny's spokeswoman Kira Yarmish reported on Twitter that Navalny and at least one of his associates had been apprehended, which was confirmed by the Moscow police later on Sunday.

According to a police spokesperson, the pair was detained "for attempting to cause a public disturbance."

Roman Rubanov, the director of Navalny's anti-corruption foundation, also tweeted about being detained, although that information has not yet been confirmed.

Read more.

Would someone care to explain how this is completely unlike Nazi Germany?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

He was under house arrest for fraud, he left his house.

From your link

Navalny, a popular blogger and one-time candidate for Moscow mayor, was convicted of fraud in December and given a suspended sentence. The critic of President Vladimir Putin was then ordered to remain under house arrest until his appeals were exhausted.
But Navalny has said he would not follow the court's orders and has left his home several times since then, according to Russian media.

edit on 15-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: naftaland

You can easily make a bunch of such points about the Ukraine and they would look even more scary...

30s/45s Germany and Ukraine nowadays :

- Attacking the east

- Racist nationalists in the government

- Nazi groups who are attacking

- Nazi groups who want to cleanse the Ukraine

- Nazi groups who use the same symbols

- Nazi groups who act as security troops

- Nazi groups who try to topple a government

- A leader who doesn`t pull back his troops when he needs to, leaves them encircled

- A leader who ignores reality (Debaltsevo pocket, state of his military, etc)

- A leader who keeps promising great victories

- A Leader who keeps talking about great new weapons which will win the war

- A Leader who keeps ignoring when his military is defeated

- A leader who keeps sending in soldiers when it useless, only to die

- A nation which goes in under the pretext of being attacked

- A nation which thinks Russia is the enemy

- A nation with a propaganda ministry

- A nation which carries out false flag attacks to justify an attack on others

- A nation which gets funded by the US

...and that`s how easy it is.

The guy who wrote all those points from the OP is nothing more a Shill if you look at what he does on Twitter and how switches to North Korea, and to Iran bashing when needed...that piece is not to be taken seriously, it`s even very doubtful if he is who he says he is on his Twitter account.

I can`t believe people are actually flagging this nonsense drivel.
edit on Sun Feb 15 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: restored

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

From your link

Navalny, a popular blogger and one-time candidate for Moscow mayor, was convicted of fraud in December and given a suspended sentence. The critic of President Vladimir Putin was then ordered to remain under house arrest until his appeals were exhausted.
But Navalny has said he would not follow the court's orders and has left his home several times since then, according to Russian media.

And like the Nazis, Russian authorities would never trump up a charge against a dissident....

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Except for the bit about being funded by America, that's still a pretty fair description of Russia under Putin.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: sosobad

From your link

And like the Nazis, Russian authorities would never trump up a charge against a dissident....

Dunno but he was under house arrest until his appeals were exhausted. He is a nationalist and came out with this gem

Navalny once compared dark-skinned Caucasus militants with cockroaches and made a video about it. "Cockroaches can be killed with a slipper, but as for humans, I recommend a pistol".

And this

Early in 2012 Navalny stated on Ukrainian TV that "Russian foreign policy should be maximally directed at integration with Ukraine and Belarus… In fact, we're one nation.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Is he the kind of fella you'd want running Russia? Kinda sounds like the guy you make Putin out to be.

A bit more on him

The BBC noted in a profile of Navalny that his endorsement of a political campaign called "Stop Feeding the Caucasus" and his willingness to speak at ultra-nationalist events "have caused concern among liberals." He also has been a co-organizer of the "Russian March,"[92] which Radio Free Europe describes as "a parade uniting Russian nationalist groups of all stripes,"[93] and has appeared as a speaker alongside Russian nationalists.

I really dunno why you'd wanna give this guy a voice.
edit on 15-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Less similar to Nazi Germany than Snowden, manning, and all the others.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

It is a bit weird to combine both topics into one.

On the other hand - both Ukraine and Russia have to face the same post-soviet transition, with very similar internal challanges to work through.

*eta:
See... DJW001's post about Aelexei Navalny being arrested in Moscow directly reminds one of that journalist Ruslan Kotsaba being arrested in Ukraine.

(Source - Kyivpost)

There IS some sort of a resemblence. Still weird though.

Btw: Ukraine ranks on on place 131 on the Press Freedom Index. Russia is close by on place 140.

**I actually don't know if my post is off-topic now.

edit on 15-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
U.S. Propaganda, thats what this thread is all about. This is what the quoted "source" is all about.

About

InfoAgeStrategy

Bio: Competitive Intelligence professional, former U.S. Army Foreign Area Officer (FAO), and Information Operations practitioner with 30 years' experience in the intelligence community. Focused on opportunities and threats, strategy and security in the Information Age. English, Deutsch, по-русски, 普通話

Nice try OP, whats happening in the Ukraine was a creation of the U.S. to foster the multinational corporate agenda and right on Russia's doorstep. Putin will not stand for it and I do not blame him. Your post is half a$$ed CIA sponsored bullsh$t. No flag or star for a CIA stooge.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

And how does this Bio disqualify the source for this thread?
Its an opinion-piece and we talk about the validity of its content.

I don't get how people partisan to either side are so ardent on dismissing each other's sources.

What ever happened to: don't shoot the MESSENGER... deal with the CONTENT.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Because it`s easy to write such stuff about other countries when you want to.

I gave the guy his Twitter account earlier and you can see for yourself what he`s like if you take the time to read his Twitter posts.

The problem with these kind of things, it seems well written and he makes the impression it`s actual top class stuff, but it`s just a pig with lipstick...lots of people would fall for it, so when it`s about the "validity of its content," this guy acts in no way as someone who he claims to be.

And about the points he makes, the second post in this thread makes it perfectly clear...these are points which you can make about lots of countries...why do you think he doesn`t also point out to the differences ? (hint, check his Twitter posts).

edit on 15 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Irrelevant.

And if it was the most shameless disinfo ever, or even blatant hate-speech.
If it looked like Fox news or like RT...
Doesn't matter.

How do we counter disinfo? By debating and disproving the content!

*Resorting to (NLP)labeling is a slippery slope to HITLER!

edit on 15-2-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Humbles point is a valid one. All the People here know that xcathedra is always inundating us all with a barrage of official party line dogma any time the us is in a conflict, demonizing whoever we are fighting. I don't think I've seen him once deviate from the Party line, if you hear it on Fox you'll likely hear it from him, and always denying any us wrongdoing.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

How do we counter disinfo? By debating and disproving the content!

The whole point about it is, the points are valid, but it`s the association with Russia which is the problem, because people will associate it now with Russia while it could be just as easily applied to other nations..."FormOfTheLord" has put an excellent video about how that kind propaganda works on page one, and this is textbook of it...it already has been shown as what it is, but for people who still don`t get it, it can be useful to point it to them in a different way.

It can be very useful to show on why this was written as in what light you should see it.
edit on 15 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"Fu$k the EU" - Quote from Victoria Nuland.

This has certainly "f*****" this area of the world. Well played.

Says it all really, next minute snipers firing on protesters and police from protester held buildings.

No wonder Merkel has her hands full.

The OP has actively pushed one view only since the start of this conflict with mostly "cut n paste" material from Ukrainian government sources. A quick look at past threads prove that.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I still disagree.

What is an INFOwar if you stop dealing with the info?

Enlightenment about (and resistance against) fascist tendencies (no matter where, or when, or by whom) cannot be succesfull if we skip the step of intellectual resistance.

That is actually a lesson learned from Nazi-Germany's history.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join