It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMOs invade fruit industry: Apples, pears, cherries and peaches to all become unlabeled GMO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Genetically modified apples have been approved by the industry-corrupted USDA, a federal regulator that accomplishes for the biotech industry the same thing the FDA achieves for Big Pharma: unlimited profits, lax regulation and a ready willingness to accept fabricated "science" as fact.

Regardless of my opinion of GMO food, I am against the backroom deals and lack of transparency that surrounds our food supply. People have the right to know what they are eating and taking into their bodies and Government and an out of control agricultural industry don't agree. Now our fruit is being compromised without anyone saying a word. I am against anyone or anything that subverts my freedom to choose.

Link

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

At least with fruit, the owners have the benefit of non-genetically modified seeds for quite a while. Unlike Corn and other grains, a tree can produce it's replacements for decades....

edit on 14-2-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hey man according to NLB you have nothing to worry about so stfu. btw you only get asthma from sugar caine burn off.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
GMOs are good for you, stop fearmongering.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Here in the UK a lot of supermarkets refuse to use GMO ingredients. They also have to be labelled, legally.

Even if the USDA approved them, more fool them, don't they still need to say so on the packaging /label.

Freedom is about the freedom to choose, did Americans vote on any of this in any stage of the research, implementation, farming, labelling etc?

I know here in the UK democracy is really ''democracy''.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
GMOs are good for you, stop fearmongering.

So you are against transparency and freedom of choice? That was the thrust of my OP.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Have to go to orchards you trust and only buy from them soon then. This is Okanagan too, close to home.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Sorry, I really thought my blatant ignorance would be recognized as sarcasm.

Does anyone actually think GMOs are good for them?
edit on 14-2-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Apparently some do.

Waiting..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Sorry, I really thought my blatant ignorance would be recognized as sarcasm.

Does anyone actually think GMOs are good for them?

My apologies. I am always amazed at the level of ignorance I encounter on the internet so I missed your sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I really wish the USA would label GMO foods, then the consumers could decide for themselves what they want to put in their bodies.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Apparently some do.

Waiting..

I realized I could answer my own question:

Monsanto Lobbyists

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
One disturbing point in those articles is the admission on the part of the US Dept. of Agriculture that they permitted these GMO Frankenfruits ONLY because their information indicated that these particular trees won't carry pests and diseases to other trees. Hence, approval for human consumption.

Think I left out a step or two? Not from the way I read that article. As long as the GMO trees don't bring bed bugs with them, it's all good in the hood.

If I were meant to eat genetically modified food, I would have been equipped with a digestion equipped to handle it. I wasn't, and I'm not. This needs to be stopped.
edit on 14-2-2015 by cronemel because: typo

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I am just wondering if anyone can tell me if there are any studies on the apples indicating they are safe or unsafe.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Just let the people choose, you know that thing that is so important called democracy..........

Label the foods, let the FREE market decide.

Let us study what happens after we label the food.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

Are you saying I should stay away from arctic apples when they come to the grocery store?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I am saying that we should label food for what it is.

Labelled non GMO

Labelled GMO

Let us study how the market will react....or should I say how fast Monsanto will fall on its face.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That is why I want to know if there are any well-founded safety concerns.

If those apples are poisonous they should be labeled as toxic just like in the natural news article. GMO doesn't tell me enough.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just label it man......just label it.

The rest will fall into place.

Or fall down
edit on 14-2-2015 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Exactly!!!

Dangerous things need to be labeled as dangerous do you agree?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join