It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ceasefire in Ukraine Begins...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Ease guys, twitter is full of trolls and the ua site was hacked.
The Yarosh message was fake and has been removed.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
From twitter

#Ukraine media expresses confusion as #Poroshenko says ceasefire being observed & MoD says it is not.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

even if, what does it change if the right sector won't respect the ceasefire anyway?
there's no ceasefire in debaltsevo.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Easy about what ?

The Yarosh message doesn`t matter that much when the official spokesman of DPR already have made a statement, and also the Leader of DPR earlier about what would happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Proof is meaningless one way or the other until someone in power says it has meaning.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

There won't be a truce for long no, apparently the russian media is using that fake message as evidence.
But its better to wait in my opinion and certainly not fall for the trolls.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
BOTH SIDES CLAIM VIOLATIONS AFTER UKRAINE CEASE-FIRE STARTS

KIEV, Ukraine (AP) -- A cease-fire was declared in east Ukraine at a minute after midnight Sunday, kindling slender hopes of a reprieve from a conflict that has claimed more than 5,300 lives.

But within two hours of the cease-fire's scheduled start, the warring sides were already trading accusations of fresh attacks.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

you're focusing on one fake message, when the whole situation is fubar regardless.
open your eyes.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Read the thread back, according to the official spokesman of DPR, as being reported by Lifenews and TASS, it has happened already, and the leader of DPR has made a statement Friday what would happen in case of a tried break out from the Debaltsevo pocket...No Cease Fire !

It`s already official !

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

No its not, this youtube was within an hour of the truce, and has been answered by Ukraine 'do not return fire'.
Also Pro russians continued shelling after 00:00 but that stopped 10 to 12 minutes later and the reports from many places along the frontline were silence until the hack and this youtube message.
Maybe DNR has nothing to gain with a truce, but the rest of Ukraine does, they have everything to gain with a stop to this madness.

edit on 14-2-2015 by earthling42 because: grammer

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
How come no live coverage from CNN or Al-Jazzera?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The video was from earlier, the translation made it was uploaded later.

Lifenews put this on 12 hours ago online...

Link

And DPR went on officially telling what happened...

About two o'clock in the morning APU units opened artillery and mortar fire on positions militias debaltsevskom direction. Militias are counter-battery fire point, told reporters in Donetsk Defense Ministry spokesman Eduard DNR Basurin. Chapter DNR Alexander Zakharchenko gathered an emergency meeting in connection with the violation of the Ukrainian army of silence.

According to correspondents LifeNews, Ukrainian units made ​​an attempt to break the night of Debaltsevskogo boiler, resulting in a clash. Artillery fire APU is in the vicinity of settlements Yenakiyevo, Gorlovka and region of Donetsk airport. In the Donetsk shelling peaceful neighborhoods midnight are not fixed.

Google Translate
edit on 14 2 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Although Putin is no angel, This has all started from western meddling and encouragement - the coop I mean.

Here is Poroshenko explaining how he used the last ceasefire -

Anyone still in doubt about the new Ukrainian Gov's wickedness and our western countries support and direction of that cruelty, just look at what Kiev is doing to their people now - forced draft's, prison for speaking out against the war, prison for people who refuse to fight, and a bullet for "deserters".

Now I know Russia has a bad rep, but this all comes from Russia being pushed, and pushed, and pushed - then kicked, spat on and obviously lied to every step of the way - plus trying to turn it all around on the people they want to attack, and using that to further prepare to attack those people - IE Russia.

It's a bad joke now, I am leaving this country and Europe ASAP.

My heart goes out to all those people defending their homes and livelihoods, in fact to all of the young and old people caught up in this mess - apart from right sector, I think you deserve what you will likely get.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
[eng subs] UAF forces break ceasefire 1 hour after it has started

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
From twitter

TT @interfaxua: As of February 15 at 3.00 area ATO recorded 10 attacks ift.tt... #ukraine

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

This is the video i meant in my reply, i take it you referred to another video?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

In my opinion Poroshenko should not be in that position.
Last week he also showed his eagerness when waving with passports, apparently he is incapable to see beyond his own narrow minded view, it clearly shows when one sees him.
I'm sure Merkel and Hollande have spoke a honest word with him because he wasn't happy when the meeting took place.
War is simply not the answer.

In 2013, Russia made it quite clear what would happen if Janukovitj would sign the association agreement with EU, pressure was put on him not to do so.
Ukraine as a sovereign country has every right to do what it thinks is best for their future of their country, Janukovitj chose to negotiate an association agreement but did not sign it because of pressure from Russia not to do so.
That hardly makes him a russian minded president that should be ousted, that makes him a president that knew what he would inflict on Ukraine if he signed, but on the other hand, the Ukrainians started the Maidan protests because he didn't sign.
Between two fires and with dramatic result, the massacre and Janukovitj with most of his ministers fleeing the country two days after.
Should we really see this as a coup?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Did you see the level of organization on Maidan? You do know where the money and support for the "Orange Revolution" came from right?

And what about the recordings of Victoria Nuland (Think her surname is so ironic!) first talking about the 5 billion dollars pushed into Ukraine, then caught deciding who should be members of the new "government"?

And even if all that didn't happen - which it did, , Poroshenko is the man who falls into control of the Ukraine - Right when Ukraine is about to cement ties with Russia,

Poroshenko is a dirty bankster western puppet, fact.

Notice a lot of bankers getting put in positions of power in recently chaotic countries lately?

I know I have.

I honestly never in a million years actually thought I would live to see something of this scale develop, and in Europe too, it's unreal.

We all had a chance to taste modern war this last decade or so, if you don't get it why this needs to stop then your'e lost (Not specifically you earthling42, anyone who thinks Putin started and is exasperating this , and believes a conflict or confrontation is the answer).
edit on 14-2-2015 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The DPR leader video about that the cease fire ends with a break out attack of the Debaltsevskogo boiler (pocket) was from before the cease fire went in which I also have posted, but I was talking also about the information from the spokesman from DPR and LifeNews reporter...the combination of those three things.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
From twitter

#Ceasefire regime in E #Ukraine was violated dozen of times over the last 7 hours. #Ukraine citizens wait for the appropriate reaction |EMPR

I recognize that many will point this out as a propaganda agent, but I will point out that it is a major one. If they're saying this, then it can prove a good bell weather of where things are heading.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join