It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ceasefire in Ukraine Begins...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I wonder when the nuke will go off...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I think it's 1:40AM (think that's what you meant). I agree, I saw that same post and didn't post the pic because it's clearly BS. This is why it's sometimes hard to rely on twitter feeds. *sigh*

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
If it comes from him it`s most likely true...

APU opened fire on positions of militias under Debaltseve

The deputy housing the Ministry of Defence DNR stated that the APU fire on positions of militia and human settlements.

About two o'clock in the morning APU units opened artillery and mortar fire on positions militias debaltsevskom direction. Militias are counter-battery fire point, told reporters in Donetsk Defense Ministry spokesman Eduard Basurin DNR.

Source

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
I wonder when the nuke will go off...

They wont.

Provided Europe and the US dont send troops into ukraine and Russia.

And provided putin dont try and annex a NATO country.

Neither sides that stupid.

Putin my be evil but he aint dumb.

And provided you dont vote another Bush into office I doubt the USA is that dumb.

And UK, Germany and France wont do anything military wise without the USA permission.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think your optimism is admirable. I don't see the U.S. getting directly involved either, however our congress is trying to push for supplying weapons to Ukraine. If this ceasefire doesn't work out then I could see that being a strong possibility. Putin already stated what that he would consider that direct involvement and go straight for Washington etc etc etc..

Bottom line is, I believe this has the potential to sets things off everywhere, IMO.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I think your optimism is admirable. I don't see the U.S. getting directly involved either, however our congress is trying to push for supplying weapons to Ukraine. If this ceasefire doesn't work out then I could see that being a strong possibility. Putin already stated what that he would consider that direct involvement and go straight for Washington etc etc etc..

Bottom line is, I believe this has the potential to sets things off everywhere, IMO.

Putin talking hot air.

If NATO countrys start supplying Ukraine with weapons then Russia will start supply the rebels openly and with real high tec new rusdian toys.

You will end up with a proxy war no one will win (unlesd you count defence manfuctureres) and ukraine losses.

I think it would be a mistake to start supplying weapons but dont think it will trigger ww3. Just speed up the rate ukrainians are dying.

Worst case putin out right moves the russian army in a completly annexes east ukraine.
Again that wont trigger ww3. No one will start a nuclear war over east ukraine.

I honnestly think europe and the USA have written east ukraine and maybe even the whole ukraine off as a acceptable loss. Any actions and protesrs now are just for show. Cant say I blame them, i wouldnt want go down as the poltician that ended the world in nuclear war, not over ukraine anyway.

Unless the ceasefire holds ukraine losses.

If we do nothing ukraine losses

If we supply weapons ukraine losses

If we start ww3 everyone losses

So yeah I think Ukraine cant ever expect direct military help.

edit on 14-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I am starting to see some chatter like this on twitter.

"DNR"(#Russia) claims #Ukraine is breaking the ceasefire, calls for urgent meeting of all high rank Terrorist leaders
#donetsk #ukraine

Not saying that I agree with the terminology, but it does provide a clear picture that there is some accusation of defying the cease fire.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
To re-cap, leader of DPR (Zakharchenkohas) declared earlier that if UAF tries to break out of the Debaltsevo cauldron cease fire is over, and according to lifenews.ru the military spokesman of DPR declared as that`s exactly what has happened.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing as well. There also seem to be, from the Twitter feeds, examples of extremists on both sides saying that they won't abide by the ceasefire in a few locations, mainly around Debaltseve.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Yeah, no good !

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Seeing this now:

#Ukraine SBU (Security Service of Ukraine) head #Nalyvaychenko confirmed that #Zolote was shelled after #ceasefire: 24tv.ua...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Both sides are saying it now.

So there`s no cease fire !

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

if some reports about western troops in debaltsevo region are accurate, nato may be already that stupid. there are tons of things happening there that we don't know.

besides, everyone - putin, merkel, hollande - had to know that poroshenko has no control over right sector and that the whole ceasefire is bound to fail. they're not that stupid. so whatever their true agreement is, it's not what it seems.
edit on 14-2-2015 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Peace talk millions of dollars spent.

Failure.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Peace talk millions of dollars spent.

Failure.

So tell me what would you have done?

Started ww3?

I find your posts very unconstructive

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

rest assured, everything goes according to the plan.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Neither side is going to win in the current state, the only losers are the people they claim they are fighting for.

It's a bloody mess, I don't know how you can resolve it but I do know that the current way is pointless. Why would both sides continue a pointless strategy unless they are stupid?

Build a big line across the Russian front line and across Ukraine, this side is United States of Europe that side is USSR, I want the Cold War back.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Kiev security forces open fire on DPR, LPR republics’ positions - Basurin

DPR head Zakharchenko calls urgent meeting on fact of Ukrainian army violation of ceasefire agreement.

Looks like the supposed violations are making Russian mainstream news now.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Rebel Leader Repudiates Fragile Cease-Fire in a Key Town in Ukraine

ARTEMIVSK, Ukraine — A fragile, European-brokered cease-fire deal for Ukraine appeared at risk of unraveling, at least in part, when a rebel leader announced Saturday night that he would not be bound by the accord on a central battlefield of the war.

Although the Ukrainian president and the rebel leader both announced that the cease-fire had gone into effect, the separatist leader said it did not apply to Debaltseve, where thousands of Ukrainian troops have been under siege and might be surrounded.

And now the end of the peace treaty appears to be making Western headlines as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
From twitter

Com of #Ukraine NatBattalion group "Pravy Sektor" Yarosh:
"Two of my battalions greatly equipped & armed continue combat ops @ #Debaltsevo"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join