It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists in the US are Urged to Seek Contact with Aliens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

originally posted by: weirdguy
They should use the universal language of mathematics to make first contact.
Something like this for example,

Oh! I see what you did there.

That's because I'm an intellectually developed (sort of) mammal.
Might not work on reptiles, or floral life forms....

I get where you're coming from, I believe in space jellyfish. However I'll bet with you a pint of cold beer that the first ET we officially have contact with will be Grey's.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00
a reply to: eisegesis

We should send the message to ETs that Earth is a gorgeous planet full of amazing biological complexity, but that many of our human social institutions have a type of arrested development and disconnection from the natural order of life on Earth that it has become a threat to all life on the planet - and that we very seriously need for the aliens to violate their prime directive and help us out technologically. This would include advanced science and mathematics for new energy technologies and ways of cleaning up radiation, pollution and overpopulation. Dealing with the latter issue would include helping us find and establish other places to live, either off-planet or in something akin to "biodomes" on Earth, or for sorting out the problematic and useless from the promising and useful in the most alien-humane way that they see fit.

We should send them compilations of how we have f#### up the planet over and over again, and how we screw each other over for materialism. But they most likely already know all of this and are just waiting for us to get our acts together.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

if aliens are evil, i believe the way they kill their enemies are many times less painful than when people are being killed by extremists/terrorists in mideast
prob no pain just like harvest in jupiter ascending, no tortures too.

imho, we are always afraid of something we never experience. before you ride a rollercoaster, you are scared of it but after the experience, you feel alive.

peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Fair point. Earth does look much better in David Attenborough specials though LOL

As for getting our acts together under circumstances of being screwed over for materialism on a planet that has been #ed up over and over again... that seems a bit tricky!

Perhaps the Earth would just heat up and croak all on its own either way. It might just be a planetary cycle. In which case, we could look forward to planetary death and rebirth - however that might look and/or play out.

More than likely Earth will be here forever... maybe some massive volcanic eruptions will send us into a mini ice age and purge the planet - high-tech survivors can re-seed.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Once in awhile I stand outside at night and try flashlight morse code into the sky. all the while saying come get me. I want to go for a ride through the universe. This could be dangerous, I could get some of the reptiles , but then I could have the greatest ride of all.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I once witnessed a silver sphere. Did it seem hostile you ask? No, it was just watching people go about their day on a summer's afternoon.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: drifter1109

You should use a high-powered green laser pointer instead, and maybe heightened states of consciousness. I am not going to lie, I was totally preparing to go that route. I had it all planned out. Have a place up country by a lake where I can meditate, had the green laser pointer. Lots of, let's say, archetypal inspiration all pointed in that direction. But a whole bunch of unfortunate stuff happened and it faded away. I can try to get it back, but the beautiful clear night sky doesn't look the same to me anymore.

p.s. Don't point your high-powered laser pointer towards police helicopters. Unless it is a sci-fi death laser and part of your strategy for Earth clean-up...

edit on 2015-02-15T01:27:19-06:002015Sun, 15 Feb 2015 01:27:19 -060019am27Sun, 15 Feb 2015 01:27:19 -060000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

Don't point it at any aircraft, you could end up getting people killed...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
"I'm sure almost none of you will understand my reference or what I'm saying

ayy lmao"

Send that as a message in morse code and send the Internet as well.

One of 4 things will happen

1) Absolutely nothing, we are actually alone in the Universe. (Not possible)
2) They will see our lush, temperate planet and kill everyone off and take it for themselves.
3) They will get our message but have no idea what we're saying and leave us alone
4) They become so terrified of us that they surrender to us and please oh xir don't ever show us the "internet" again

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

You are missing one y. I am missing one x. It's not your fault!

muahahHAHAHAH

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I dont doubt that aliens already know we are here, have tried in the past to make contact and most likely have a few agreements with world governments. This we are looking for alien life is just to keep the public entertained in my opinion.

Concur!!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Unfortunately its written to encourage a future contact, as if they're not up their eyeballs in contact and most of it, nefarious and dark sided.

I am going to ask the scientists and leaders, and corporate heads, and Seti management too, COME CLEAN YOU ASSHATS. Sick and tired of the BS. Stop enslaving this planet and keeping everyone in lies. Want our Beamships, Clean enery, freedom now. Every thing withheld and all abuse of power, and enslaving others, including huge morgages for homes, and homelessness, harsh prison sentences, making basic freedoms into crimes, they're all enormous IOU's waiting for you. Every time you suppress truth or change the real history, or hold back and suppress people, make it impossible for them to survive, the IOU that is handed you is enormous. YOU OWE EVERYONE. And I'll be collecting, on the panels over your heads deciding what your soul will need to heal up and become decent again.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Though I have had personal encounters with UFO's and if they ARE alien, I'm not saying the ones I saw are, but I hope to never ever see them again.

Maybe you were sending them the wrong message? What was going on in your head at the time, fear or acceptance? Where you willing to reach out to them as peaceful as you'd hope they would arrive? I'm not saying you had anything to do with how the encounter made you feel, but this thread is about sending the right message.

If they can read minds, it's going to be hard to convince any alien we're not going to piss our pants and launch a nuke into it's face. Dear aliens, please don't land on the Whitehouse lawn with a film crew if you know what's good for you. Hang around with a few Nobel peace prize winners, minus Barack, before you come out of hiding. Thank You

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder
I think its the wrong time to be sending beacon signals. I think we should wait until we are a space fairing race. There are two reasons....

If we waited to advertise our location until we were a space fairing race at least there's a small chance we would be on par technically with them.

First, any other race that would be able to make their way here now would be far more advanced than us and we all know how that has always panned out.

Second, if we were space fairing we would have the ability to disperse and evade being conquered/destroyed.

We already send plenty of "beacon signals".

They are called military and planetary radars.... They really don't contain much information but both are detectable many many light years away even with our current technology and would signal to such aliens that a species capable of electromagnetic technology existed on a planet around our Sun.

As for being "on par" we're likely millions or billions year younger than the recipients so we'd never be "on par".

And this is why the crowd who are worried about us giving away too much information are wrong.

There will never be a "right time" to contact aliens. That time might as well be now.

We're already observable as a civilization out to probably 1,000 light years. (An advanced alien species with a sufficiently advanced series of space telescopes could be able to image stuff the size of a Honda accord on Earth out to 500 light years. So even if our radio signals would not have gotten to them yet, the will have noticed things like the Pyramids or Great Wall of China, etc.)

There are likely to about 350,000 habitable planets within just 500 light years of Earth. If anyone is home on any of them they already know plenty about us.

originally posted by: corsair00

We should send the message to ETs that Earth is a gorgeous planet full of amazing biological complexity,

They'd probably already know that. We're right around the corner from surveying plenty of nearby planets for signs of life.

You see, our Earth itself has been broadcasting life exists here for the last 2.5 billion years as life itself, specifically photosynthetic life (planet life, trees) changed our atmosphere in such a way that free oxygen became plentiful.

The only way we know for that to happen and last over a long time is life, so if we spot an alien planet with an oxygen rich atmosphere it will be a tip off that life probably exists there.

And this is worth a watch, it talks about searching for infrared lasers rather than radio and includes details on a promising search for near infrared laser pulses about to take place at Lick Observatory.

edit on 16-2-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Those interested in this thread might want to listen to this program which talks about the science conference referred to in the original post: How to Talk to Aliens.

edit on 16-2-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join