It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Man With Sleep Paralysis Captures Shadow Person Apparition

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 09:55 PM
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

during my earlier sleep paralysis in this country,
i saw an apparation flying from rooftop into my direction,
when i observed closely, it was like a man from renaissance era.

but on other times, i feel something pressing on me, lol
but i cant remember of energy being drained.
all i know everytime i had oobe, i usually woke up with fresh body.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:12 PM
One thing I have to bring up about this video is that it's more of a stationary shadow, without any true inkiness and blackness that is associated with SP (at least the one I saw and have read of). Also, being stationary, is it possible this is the shadow of a person? Being "moved" up the wall by a flashlight behind them?

Though I don't doubt there's astral travel and bodies moving out during sleep (as brought up by posters on the 1, 2 page) and shadow people, this is making me think it could be set up. Then again, strange things happen and in this age of editing and photo/video manipulation it's very hard to tell what's genuine and fake.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:20 PM
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I took a picture from the video and played a little with the contrast etc.
IMHO..., the figures silhouette is absolutely discernible.
To me it looks as if he is holding something in his right hand, even a seam from a shirt is distinguishable
to me.
O.k.,ok..., possibly i have a little to much fantasy
but that's what i see.
It even looks to me, as if there is something (handcuffs???) peeking out from under that shirt where the back pocket is normally.

edit on 14/2/15 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:04 PM
That was creepy. I would have a hard time sleeping if I was being visited by something of that nature. I wonder if it's somehow related to his sleep paralysis? I've heard stories that they "feed" on fear.
edit on -06:002015Sat, 14 Feb 2015 23:05:09 -060028America/ChicagouSat, 14 Feb 2015 23:05:09 -0600SatAmerica/ChicagoFeb by PorteurDeMort because: I'm a grammar nazi

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:19 PM

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: OOOOOO
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Yea, just relax, then you should be able to see and pop out of your body.

Any demons around you, are yours. You made them, get rid of them.

Tell that to the shadow dude in the video lol!

That is, nothing, If that worries you.

Been there done that, I can go lucid at will, astral project sometimes, dream within dream, there is only one that I fear.

The real shadow people can kill you, but then they are physical, and everyone dies.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:56 PM
I think there are countless energy creatures we arent able to see, because humans wernt designed to be able to see them. I think if we had cameras around that recorded every spectrum of light from microwaves to radio waves that would be a start, but even still if there was a being vibrating at a different frequency we wouldnt see them at all, perhaps we need to go back to the dimentional drawing board.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:25 AM
Never had a shadow person experience before, and only had sleep paralysis once or twice in high school, although it felt more like a deja vu. My girlfriends sisters have had a few experiences, one particularly had my attention, but it turned out she had it wrong. Said she saw a large shadowy figure at a window while she was outside, where as I hear something from my girlfriend.

As for them being Jinn or Djinn, they are said to be fiery beings, that are of a smokeless fire, or fireless smoke, although not sure of them being bright with a smile? While shadow people are often depicted as just shadows and just absence of light. Although of I've my share of strangeness in my own area, so Im 50-50 about them being real or not. But for them being Jinn, not likely, how agnostic of me.

edit on 15-2-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:34 AM

That is an interesting video. I think the fact that the lights are on is very intriguing because it would take an extremely good hoaxer to fake this. I don't think its a deliberate hoax. There are different ways to achieve this effect. One way is to film through a pane of clean glass. Even slight reflections of anything, or stains on the glass can easily become strange seemingly unexplainable recordings. I believe in many things paranormal and don't see why someone would make an extraordinary claim like this if he or she did not seriously believe they were experiencing something not documented. Sleeping with the lights on is a sign of someone who is scared by the dark. When I was young I lived in a house I still definitely believe was haunted. I had sleep paralysis experiences many times, and whether it was due to paranoia, sickness or otherwise I experienced moving shadows resembling figures I can't explain? I wanted lights on all the time honestly. I grew out of it around 13 years old and can't stand having a light on when I sleep. I am part of the Aleut tribe and my tribe like most native tribes loves the night because we can experience the energy of our ancestors. Now I am not afraid and when strange things happen I am thankful because I get to experience a wonderful mystery of life that in my opinion is purely a scientific phenomena.

edit on 15-2-2015 by polarboarder1 because: I had to fix the text of my post to better convey the point I was making.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:29 AM
So you're telling that during a review of approximately 8 (presumably incredibly boring) hours of film - most likely sped up to save time - he somehow spotted that incredibly brief and subtle flicker? Not sure I buy it.

Add in the light being on, as has been discussed, plus how set up the room looks - very awkward and fake, and the similarly awkward and fake look of the supposed "sleeper" in the bed, and I'm calling a huge BS!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:28 AM
a reply to: RedEyes619

When you're setting a camera up to try catching something on video over a several hour span, you'll be meticulous when going over it to see if you got any evidence......because evidence is the whole point of doing it. Also, not everyone is impatient and would just fast forward through it all......There are patient people out there that will go over several hours of video looking for something out of the ordinary.

Now, I'm not saying that this is the real deal or not, but I figured I'd point that out to you.

And if you think his bedroom looks awkward and fake, you need to have a gander at mine, LOL

edit on 15-2-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:36 AM
The window has no blind or curtain which means any light from outside could shine in and reflect around the walls. This means nobody can trust any odd lighting effect they see.

As far as sleep paralysis is concerned I have had this myself and I know what it is and yet it can still be very spooky. But at no point did I (when awake) believe in spirits or visitors. I know it's self inflicted by my subconcious. Sleep paralysis is a known and well studied phenomenon. There is nothing "spooky" it's just the way the brain works. If you had full control over muscles when asleep we would be constantly falling out of bed!

Scientists have now discovered how the "feeling" of a spirit can be induced. So much so that in one of the experiments some of the volunteers dropped out because they were too spooked !!!! It's all to do with the disconnection between what your brain thinks should be happening to what it sees happening. So i'm afraid science has caught up with that phenomenon as well.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:03 AM
the guy has a curtain on his window or something and there is light incoming from the window from cars outside creating the sliding shadow on his wall.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM

Sleep paralysis happens to us all every single night, before our multi dimensional astral bodies traverse the multiverse. The Djinn are trapped between this dimension and the next. They are very real.

For lots more info, check out Simon Parkes on youtube.

s & f

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:30 AM
Captain disillusion will eventually do a breakdown of this video.

Sorry but I just can't help but scream fake at this video.

I liked the idea though. But what I see is: a static clip art shadowed cut out of a skateboarder with his bottom half cut out slowly appearing, and then being dragged upward in a slideshow animation.

Again I like the idea, but a shadowy figure shouldn't have jpeg jaggies with a sharp antialias slowly gaining in darkness and saturation, then stiffly moving upward.

No amount of text will make me believe otherwise.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:43 AM
What to expect from a real sleep paralysis video (ie filming someone that is having s.p.). You will see a sleeping person, they will wake up abruptly with a little adrenaline and probably ask you what they were doing and tell you about what just happened.

Since it generally happens on waking (or if you feel it coming on at the start of sleep, if you arent too sleepy you get up and walk around and wake up for a second then try again -usually fixes it) so you would expect someone to wake in fear or panic and tell the camera they are using. Especially aomeone who is trying to film themselves having s.p. it would be the fear and adrenaline compounded by the dact they caught a case of their s.p. Of course id also expect them to position their cam better.

So in turn this is fake/b.s. etc.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:46 AM
I actually have it so regularly (as does my bro and dad) that with sensors or a cam I could almost undoubtedly catch a sleep paralysis incident if I monitored every sleep for one month. Two months, without doubt, I cant think of a time where I went 2 months without an incident of s.p.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:27 PM

The more I watch this and think about it the more I'm convinced this is an illusion created by light and common digital video recording quirks that are very common. If you have something as simple as dust float the right distance from a camera it can trigger the autofocus. Also we've all probably seen dust floating in the air in a room when the sun shines in. All that you see is particulate matter floating in the air. Now at night like many posters have already considered is light coming in his open window illuminating dust in the air. I notice there is a heating radiator near his bed. Aside from being very noisy and creating loud knocks naturally from temperature change reactions from a cold atmosphere to a warm one can create some amazing phenomena. This includes our weather including clouds and every kind of storm. Noises can as many know wake you up out of deep sleep which could easily bring you into a hypnogogic or a half dream half awake paralyzed state. Its extremely interesting and I think that he should try sleeping in a different room. If he's in an area where there is power lines around his house the high electromagnetic fields can have many extremely strange effects on the human mind and environments. I think its cool that this person is seeking out the truth as to why he's having sleep paralysis and as another poster touched on which I believe as well is that we all go into sleep paralysis at night. Some have the good luck of experiencing this and it is a door to amazing adventures in our mind. I will write on this sometime but I'm relatively new as far as posting here goes and I have to fill my comment quota. I am someone who really genuinely wishes this video caught a shadow person or ghost! My determination of this video is that the person seeking answers by videotaping got his answer as to why he is having all of these sleep issues: He is being physically, phschologically, affected by the environment he's living in. I encourage everyone to study the art of "Feng Shui." It is the art of putting everything in its right place in order to bring about positive changes, create a peaceful feeling, create a deep peaceful sleep, and so many other reasons and outlooks. This mindset has really transformed my life. Blessings!

edit on 15-2-2015 by polarboarder1 because: I was fixing text errors i made.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:54 PM

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Tangerine

There were multiple camera shots, each interrupted by a black space when the camera was turned off. In not a single camera shot could you see the person in bed supposidly sleeping. Then another camera shot when the room is dark (unlike the other times) and a shadow on the wall, not a free-standing shadow. Fake. Fake. Fake.

It's one shot being repeated, zoomed, contrast & brightness adjusted; this doesn't make it fake, but I am still of the opinion that it could just be someone in front of the light.

That is what I was going to look at too, when I first saw the video I just saw to me what looked like an arm just moving back and forth so thanks for posting it was just a repeated scene. I would like to see atleast a minute before and after that too. With how bright it was in that room I am wondering how he slept.

originally posted by: Nyiah
I must be the only one who doesn't see s*** in this video... It looks like a body pillow with the sheets/blanket drawn up over it (we have a body pillow) to me. Did the YTer upload the wrong video?

you have to look at the wall a bit, it's hard to see at first but since the video repeats it should be obvious.

I have had sleep paralysis one time and when I was in that stage all I heard was birds singing and alot of light and warmth. I didnt feel trapped in my body either in my mind I heard once you move you will wake up. So I stayed that way for a bit and it was weird but kind of cool for me atleast. After what felt like 5 minutes I moved my body and woke up. I was even breathing like when your asleep I had like no control over it. So I dont know if I got lucky or what.

edit on 15-2-2015 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:29 PM

this has been posted on ATS before i remember well because i commented on the video.

Original Thread

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:07 PM
a reply to: sandman441

You must have got lucky, when I had my one sp expierience I was trying to move and talk and was competely unable to. It felt like something was pressuring me and I had no control, it was pretty freaky.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>