It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man With Sleep Paralysis Captures Shadow Person Apparition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

A man that is said to suffering from a phenomenon called sleep paralysis captured something sinister while he was asleep. The camera he was using was able to capture an unusual figure that's shadow-like hovering over him.

The man who suffers from sleep paralysis is Mike Pike and he shared how he often wakes up in the middle of the night wherein he consistently experiences a half-waking state which makes him unable to move. Sometimes, he also gets the feeling of not being alone. The creepy part is that he always notices an eerie shadow;-like figure at the foot of his bed that seems to be watching him while he sleeps. The creepy episodes of his sleep paralysis led him to videotape his bedroom during those strangely sleepless nights. The video was able to document those episodes but he was shocked when he noticed something on the video.

SOURCE

Thoughts on the video? It looks convincing. I think its definitely a Shadow, but of what? Maybe a car passed by creating a shadow of some reflection inside of the room? Or is this the real deal? I know for a fact that Shadow People exist because I have seen them myself on three different occasions.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

The lighting seems weird to me. That's an awful bright room to be sleeping in, which makes it hard for me to not think its a shadow being cast by something/somebody.

For what it's worth, I believe in them as well. A now deceased relative spoke of seeing them in his last few days.

Just not sure this is what he claims it is. Definitely weird, but the lights throw me off.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I guess maybe he left the lights on because you need a light source of some sort in order to see the Shadow People. (that is assuming he was trying to capture them on camera though) - But from the sounds of the article, he was startled by it himself...so who knows I guess.

And some people sleep with the lights on....so there is that.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Thanks for posting, S&F.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

after some further thought, I figured he probably just left the light on to make the camera work better.

The guys story doesn't strike me immediately as a hoax, but that light being on just makes it too hard for me to say "Yep he got one" ya know?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I've seen them too. I was "abducted" back in 2010 on the winter solstice lunar eclipse by objects that could be thought of in terms of "UFOs", although I personally prefer different terms.

I was out of my body, floating in the Night Without Likeness in a body of light, in the presence of... I don't know what. When I was put back in my body, I shot upright in bed in a half-waking state. It was as if I was dreaming of my room in real-time with my eyes closed. Or as if I was seeing through my eyelids.

Well, I could see the shadow. It kept trying to evade my sight, as if seeing it was threatening to it, or as if it was playing hide-and-seek. But it couldn't evade me. After a few moments it popped up right next to my side of the bed, inches from my face. Grinning, I reached out and grabbed it. Then it disappeared.

👣

edit on 983Saturday000000America/ChicagoFeb000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Wow.

Did you drink/took something which could have caused such visions?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I believe in them too, my mother was tormented by them while she was dying from lung cancer. They are evil.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Typical demonic manifestation, nothing to see here, move along!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Wow.

Did you drink/took something which could have caused such visions?

No, I was sleeping normally. A deep dreamless sleep. I was gradually brought to lucidity by the two "UFOs", without waking up, and they pulled me out of my body into a state of being beyond waking, dreaming, or dreamless sleep to what was probably a state Hindu call turiya.

Since then I've done a lot of meditating and fasting around the solstice. Something told me there was something special about the 2010 solstice...

👣

edit on 989Saturday000000America/ChicagoFeb000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yep. My relative saw them all over his room. In his chair. On his bed. In bed with him. Coming and going as they pleased. They never bothered him, other than their presence in general.

Hearing "there's one in the chair right now" as I was standing next to the chair was pretty freakin spooky

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

That is a wild story. How often has that happened?

And also, to another poster above, nobody has figured out what the Shadow People are. Some say they were an entity that was never alive before and they are inter-dimensional by nature...some call them the "Old Ones" and how they have been here long before we were.....some say that them and the Djinn are one in the same. Either way, whatever they are, they are malevolent.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hm, interesting indeed.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

That is a wild story. How often has that happened?

And also, to another poster above, nobody has figured out what the Shadow People are. Some say they were an entity that was never alive before and they are inter-dimensional by nature...some call them the "Old Ones" and how they have been here long before we were.....some say that them and the Djinn are one in the same. Either way, whatever they are, they are malevolent.

That was the first and only time I've experienced that particular state of being, and the only time I've ever seen a shadow being.

I think they are only visible when a very rare kind of light is shining. The light of consciousness when it is leaving or entering a body.

👣

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Anyone ever tryed to document those "things" using infrared camera? Should be interesting.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow that was freaky, I don't have the skills really to speculate whether it's real or not, but having experienced sleep paralysis myself I'm very interested in the subject.

As for shadow people, I believe. Only recently have I witnessed them, I had a whole crew in my house and we all saw them, they weren't particularly threatening, just kind of wandering around.

edit on 14-2-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet during sleep these shadow people are able to "wire" our brains to hear voices, see neural holograms or experience "paranormal" things. I was just 7 years when i woke frozen, hearing whispers and feet shuffling. 30 years later I get voices and paranormal attacks.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

There were multiple camera shots, each interrupted by a black space when the camera was turned off. In not a single camera shot could you see the person in bed supposidly sleeping. Then another camera shot when the room is dark (unlike the other times) and a shadow on the wall, not a free-standing shadow. Fake. Fake. Fake.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

There may be cause for you to doubt, but not to deny as you are doing. Healthy skepticism is about doubt not denial. Pseudo-skepticism, or "debunking" is about denial, not doubt. You are the latter.

👣

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Meh. I've suffered from sleep paralysis several times a month (though I've only had it once since new years which has been nice) since I was in elementary school.

I emailed my experiences the the film maker who has a movie coming out about it. Same film maker that made the doc on Kubricks the shining.

It's just a video. It doesnt show anything associated with S.P.

What happens happens in my head same for anyone with sleep paralysis. I've had it witg people in the room and been sitting next to someone that had it. I can describe hundreds of experiences, including sensing the presence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join