It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS2 emulator...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i am planning to get a DVD burner / drive and with this i heard i can play PS2 gams on it...

how is this possible???

what do i need???

thanks...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
PCSX2 is the best I know of. No emulator will play EVERY game, or most games well. You need a pretty damn good computer to play them too. You would need a DVD-ROM to read the PS2 games.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
PCSX2 is the best I know of. No emulator will play EVERY game, or most games well. You need a pretty damn good computer to play them too. You would need a DVD-ROM to read the PS2 games.

thanks...

what is your experience with it???

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

what is your experience with it???

Probably that it's easier and cheaper to go pick up a PS2 from your local pawn shop for about $100....

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ok, both myself and my g/f like to use the playstation 2, usually at the same time. So an emulator would be fantastic:

so, how big is the emulator (filesize wise..) and do you need anything else other than a DVD-rom drive and a top of the range PC (both of which I have).

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Probably that it's easier and cheaper to go pick up a PS2 from your local pawn shop for about $100....

i got it the first year it came out for $200

now, i just want it for bragging rights...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Here is some information on PS2 emulators (more specifically, pcsx2):

www.ngemu.com...

From my experience with PS2 emulators I can conclude that they are very buggy. But that is expected as a PS2 is a very complicated machine to emulate. Besides that only a handful of games work (less than 1%) and of the games that do work many of them run at slow frame rates. There are also the issues of no controller and legally obtaining the bios file.

Essentially, getting a PS2 emulator at this time is a waste of space. I would expect a working model to be out in over a year so if you really want the system, just buy one.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thaumaturgus
Here is some information on PS2 emulators (more specifically, pcsx2):

www.ngemu.com...

From my experience with PS2 emulators I can conclude that they are very buggy. But that is expected as a PS2 is a very complicated machine to emulate. Besides that only a handful of games work (less than 1%) and of the games that do work many of them run at slow frame rates. There are also the issues of no controller and legally obtaining the bios file.

Essentially, getting a PS2 emulator at this time is a waste of space. I would expect a working model to be out in over a year so if you really want the system, just buy one.

thanks...

i gave up on it a long time ago...

top topics

join