It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walk Bike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Wow they're pricey...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I would say not that much, it`s about the same price as the cheaper electric bikes.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

There goes another money making idea i didnt think of!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

A sit bike also already has been done, but I don`t think surf bikes or swim bikes have been done yet.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Far more efficient, cheaper, and less intrusive way ......its called roller skates...been around for 100+ years.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This thing also looks too long to fit comfortably in bicycle racks.
Obviously and electric motor and battery power, basically just an oversized scooter we had as kids.
No mind blowing technology...just a fad, and flash in the pan idea.
So when you get sick of "walking", you just stand there. At least on a bike, you can sit down
. Even if it numbs the B*m and knuts.
I wonder after the first fatality to appear. "Walk bikes danger to all" "Walk bikes to compulsory fit seat belts and helmets to be worn, with air bags"

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2015 by gort51 because: double post

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

It's not for everyone but I like it better than 99% of the other bicycle seats out there, after I got used to it.

I've seen those. Do they work? I've rigged an exercise bike seat to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I've seen those. Do they work? I've rigged an exercise bike seat to it.
As I said, it takes getting used to. I do most of my riding without my hands on the handlebars which is more comfortable for my back than hunched way over. I don't even need them the handlebars to turn, but that means there's not much holding me on the seat and I have a tendency to slide around a bit on it, compared to the other seat designs. I've never slid completely off but I find that I have to grab the handlebars sometimes for some maneuvers where I never used to need them, like riding over bumps, if the bump is jarring enough. That's a tradeoff I can live with, since I don't like the sore spot I get from long rides on the other seats.

If I use the handlebars then I don't really have any problems with sliding around on the seat.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Far more efficient, cheaper, and less intrusive way ......its called roller skates...been around for 100+ years.
Yes I've roller-bladed long distances, but those small wheels don't like pebbles. I need to get some roller blades like I've seen Cesar Milan use on The Dog Whisperer, with the bigger wheels that don't mind the pebbles.

The wheels on the treadmill bike also look large enough to not mind pebbles.
edit on 14-2-2015 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

hm.m.m.m...interesting

top topics

<< 1   >>

join