It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BATFE To Ban Common AR-15 Ammo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I don't want a compromise.

I'm done giving the government the head of the table when it comes to my rights.

Enough is enough.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

yep
that was the hidden message in my vauge post.

It is like asking for a hundred dollars and only really wanting 5 at a time

such organizations are paid by members to lobby for compromise.

too late now cause this thought could have made a difference in the 80's

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I figured as much.

There is a reason I'm not a member of the NRA.

Their "compromise" has resulted in the erosion of our 2nd Amendment rights.

If you wanna join an actual gun rights organization join the National Association for Gun Rights, Gun Owners of America, or The Second Amendment Foundation who are ACTUALLY fighting for our 2A Rights.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So that is a very interesting/disturbing article.

ATF.gov

One of the main issues raised in the meetings that ATF held with industry and law enforcement in November 2012 was whose intent should control the analysis as to whether a type of ammunition is primarily intended for sporting purposes . Some representatives of the industry argued that the sporting purpose analysis should be subjective and conclusive — focusing solely on the intent of the ammunition manufacturer...
From the perspective of law enforcement, however, the most relevant intent is that of a criminal who seeks to use ammunition capable of penetrating body armor when fired from a handgun. If ammunition containing the metal content
enumerated in section 921(a)(17)(B)(i) can be used in a handgun— the type of firearm most frequently used by criminals
whom police officers encounter on the streets— then, from the law enforcement perspective, the manufacturer’s intent that the ammunition be used for hunting or target shooting (in rifles or handguns) becomes irrelevant.

921(a)(17)(B)(i)

(B) The term “armor piercing ammunition” means—
(i) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium

I don't own or shoot any AR variants or .223 rifles so that part doesn't affect me, but what about us AK guys? AK's come in pistol variants as well. I shoot cheap imported Wolf ammo that I've heard is banned at most gun ranges because it has a copper-jacketed steel core. I'm sure someone smarter than me can confirm or deny that fact. If that's the case, it's not just limited to 5.56/.223 but could include 5.45 and 7.62 as well.

S & F OP, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Subscribed!

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Just ordered 1k rounds from cheaperthandirt for the hell of it. Might make a nice profit in a few months.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
Just ordered 1k rounds from cheaperthandirt for the hell of it. Might make a nice profit in a few months.

Snow here off work looks like a perfect day to reload some 5.56 AP rounds.
LOL

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Perhaps it would aide you if you actually read through the thread before asking questions that have already been answered....no?

No being rude....just saying, the answer to your questions lies within the thread already. No need for it to be rehashed again.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

There ya go lol. Reload em while you can still get the supplies

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The reloading angle will only work for as long as they "allow" the components to be sold. My father reloads .223 among a great many types of cartridges. I wonder how many watch lists he is on just for the amount of gun powder he orders.
As for the whole bankers thing lets get off that our real problem is the number of lawyers who seek political office. The defense attorneys can be real hypocrites, guns are bad yet it's their job to get the actual gun using criminals off the hook.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join