It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police break child's leg and sexually assault mom because child filmed them during warrant search

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: thesaneone

Pleading guilty is not admission of guilt always though.

Usually just part of a plea deal to shorten the process.

You believe that?

Guilty - A plea by a defendant admitting that he committed the offense or crime charged. A guilty plea is a complete admission of guilt to the charge and a waiver of all rights. A guilty plea must be made with the consent of the court.

Not Guilty - A plea where the defendant denies the charges against him. The burden remains on the city, state, or federal government to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Nolo Contendere (no contest) - A plea entered by a defendant that does not admit guilt, but that subjects the defendant to punishment, while allowing the defendant to deny the alleged facts in other proceedings. For purposes of sentencing a defendant, a plea of no contest is equivalent to a plea of guilty. However, a no contest plea differs from a guilty plea because it cannot be used against the defendant in other proceedings. For example, a plea of no contest by a defendant to a criminal assault charge will result in the defendant being convicted and sentenced for the criminal assault. But the no contest plea cannot be used in a civil suit against the defendant. A no contest plea must be made with the consent of the court.

Failure to enter a plea - If the defendant refuses to enter a plea or does not appear, the court must enter a plea of not guilty.

Link

edit on 2/14/2015 by roadgravel because: add bolding

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Anyafaj

Mothers with piercings are the least of our worries imo.

As a citizen I just have to say, is this how police officers are supposed to act these days?

Sometimes we forget that these police officers are just human beings with the same faults as
the rest of humanity! Except when we give human beings power they tend to abuse those powers!
There can only be one solution to this problem and this is personal video on the officers to make
sure they behave in a respectful manner! I believe it is a systemic issue that our public servants seem
to forget that they work for the public and they are not there to judge us but only to keep the peace!

I believe the issue of police brutality goes much deeper then just on the level of street cops but goes
up to the supervisory position! Till Americans realize it is all of our responsibility to hold those in
power accountable! Though this is easier said then acted on! Until the day we act to insure the
prosecution of the criminality of those public servants who feel they are above the law we will
lose any semblance of the republic our ancestors fought so hard to procure!

~NoSacrificeNoFreedoms~

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Cause it beats assault on a police officer.

They will offer up sweet deals for guilty pleas, she was probably looking at jail time if she got hit with the assault.
So when some on presents you the guaranteed option of no time, most will take it.

Probably had a public defender who told her to do it.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes that is the letter of it, but the spirit of it is not always that.

When you get a plea deal you always have to plea guilty to take the deal.

She didn't admit guilt to the assault but to the new charge of disorderly conduct.

edit on thSat, 14 Feb 2015 13:19:25 -0600America/Chicago220152580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I wonder why she felt she had to plead guilty to disorderly conduct?

Several reasons are possible ...

She could have been advised to do so by her solicitor/s

She may well and probably did loose her cool (who could blame her)
And was honest about that ... though the officers certainly seem to have acted in a disorderly way also

I have been charged with disorderly conduct for daring to speak the truth about 2 detectives who were later convicted of murdering a vagrant in the UK ... many years ago

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Sremmos80

In the article they said that she did plead guilty to disorderly conduct but doesn't give an example.

If you raise your voice over a conversational tone they can claim dc. It's a mopery charge, something the cops can drop on you with no proof and no recourse. Such laws are intended to give a cop broad leeway in detaining people to investigate them, or to make sure you understand who the boss is.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yes that is the letter of it, but the spirit of it is not always that.

When you get a plea deal you always have to plea guilty to take the deal.

It may be used in bargains the affect sentence but it still show on record as the person was guilty of the crime and the person live with the consequences.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ya I agree there, well unless she also got into some sort of diversion program, the charge could be dropped at the end of probation.

If our system wasn't so time consuming and expensive I am sure more people would not go that route.
But when you are being told they are gonna throw the book at ya if you don't plea, most will go that route and take the misdo over the felony.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

But when you are being told they are gonna throw the book at ya if you don't plea, most will go that route and take the misdo over the felony.

No disagreement from me on that one. That's how they run the system, look good, feel good, BS using fear.

edit:

A way to make it look better for the cops because it 'proves' the victim was wrong in some way.
edit on 2/14/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

In the article they said that she did plead guilty to disorderly conduct but doesn't give an example.

I wonder if they can get enough proof from the video of the kid getting kicked.

She probably figured it was easier than fighting it in court.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I wonder why she felt she had to plead guilty to disorderly conduct?

Sometimes it's easier to take the plea, rather than fighting 3 cops who claim to be injured and go to trial and face a long jail term.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

a reply to: thesaneone

Pleading guilty is not admission of guilt always though.

Usually just part of a plea deal to shorten the process.

You believe that?

Guilty - A plea by a defendant admitting that he committed the offense or crime charged. A guilty plea is a complete admission of guilt to the charge and a waiver of all rights. A guilty plea must be made with the consent of the court.

Not Guilty - A plea where the defendant denies the charges against him. The burden remains on the city, state, or federal government to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Nolo Contendere (no contest) - A plea entered by a defendant that does not admit guilt, but that subjects the defendant to punishment, while allowing the defendant to deny the alleged facts in other proceedings. For purposes of sentencing a defendant, a plea of no contest is equivalent to a plea of guilty. However, a no contest plea differs from a guilty plea because it cannot be used against the defendant in other proceedings. For example, a plea of no contest by a defendant to a criminal assault charge will result in the defendant being convicted and sentenced for the criminal assault. But the no contest plea cannot be used in a civil suit against the defendant. A no contest plea must be made with the consent of the court.

Failure to enter a plea - If the defendant refuses to enter a plea or does not appear, the court must enter a plea of not guilty.

Link

I've seen it happen.

2nd

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

so i take that you are either a cop or a cop groupie , you think a cop can do no wrong , you are a sad person .

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

if a mother can injure three cops whilst trying to protect her child , then i suggest maybe they are in the wrong job .
maybe they should go to work as bouncer at a nursery , oh wait that could too dangerous because there would be mothers there too , lets see if we can find them a safer job. um no i can't think of one , ok i think it would be better if they stayed at home and played with their action man dolls . they should be safe there so long as they don't let any barby dolls join in .

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill

LOL ya totally.

It was sarcasm there bud.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

When will people learn to just behave around cops and not question them?

It will make it so much easier.

Oh and if you don't break the law you have nothing to worry about how forceful and brutal the police are getting

She wasn't the criminal, HE was.

And thats the problem..if there is no criminal present they will make one up..Never call the police, they love low hanging fruit.Any monies won in lawsuites should come directly from police pension funds..along with each and every pension downgraded ever so slightly, you want to see the police start policing themselves.
edit on 14-2-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Lol, your kidding right??..spend some time in a court room as an observer or participant..happens daily.
I would speculate she pled guilty to defending herself/child?

More info on this story is needed.

edit on 14-2-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

And thats the problem..if there is no criminal present they will make one up..Never call the police, they love low hanging fruit.Any monies won in lawsuites should come directly from police pension funds..along with each and every pension downgraded ever so slightly, you want to see the police start policing themselves.

They didn't call the police! The police just showed up with a WARRANT claiming he was there! He used to live there as he WAS her ex-boyfriend, since he was abusive, he was kicked out! The police HAD been there in the past for domestic violence incidence. Just because he used to live there, doesn't mean he lives there NOW. Sometimes abusive jerks are shown the road and women wise up! That doesn't give cops the right to abuse their children, or sexually assault them.
edit on 2/14/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
To answer a few as to how this keeps happening.

Because no one actually cares enough unless it happens on their front step. Even if it's one street over, all is ok.

Why is this happening? Because the citizens allow it. Simple.

100's of millions against 10's of thousands. The Police are part of the 1% in population but in actuality just tools of the 1%.

The people taking charge of their rights will never happen. I once thought it a possibility but no longer.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

The sense of community that once existed has slowly declined where neighbour spoke to neighbour and helped one another.
This still exists within smaller communities ... those who are old enough will remember

Today society is more alienated and selfish ...

The old fashioned community cop on the beat is gone and so has the respect for the police

I grew up in a working class area in the North of England ... people were actually poorer then but more respectful
Since then the nanny state has dictated to us ... where as communities were practically self policing.

The local cop was different to today's cop for sure ... only hardened criminals would receive aggressive response ... You could trust your local cop he was more of a friend and respected

Today some things have changed for the better but many old values regarding respect have gone by the by

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join