It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP lawmaker calls women “a lesser cut of meat”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.salon.com...

A Republican state senator in South Carolina called women “a lesser cut of meat” and suggested that they belonged barefoot and pregnant, the libertarian-leaning blog FITS News reports.

Chauvinist in any context, Corbin’s remarks occurred during a legislative dinner this week to discuss domestic violence legislation. Sources present at the meeting told FITS that Corbin directed his comments at fellow GOP state senator Katrina Shealy, the sole woman in the 46-member chamber.

Just more political ammunition for the Democrats.

“I see it only took me two years to get you wearing shoes,” Corbin told Shealy, who won election in 2012. Corbin, the site explains, is said to have previously cracked that women should be “at home baking cookies” or “barefoot and pregnant,” not serving in the state legislature.

Corbin appears to have a penchant for offensive or downright bizarre statements. During a 2013 speech on the Common Core education standards, he reportedly embarked on a tangent about “gay man juice.”

Freedom of speech protects Corbin and he can say anything he wants; but I don't think it's going to help the GOPs cause; or perhaps it will idk.
The world of politics has clearly reached the lowest common denominator of late.

I thought this would be quite appropriate on Valentines Day!

edit on 14-2-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Lesser? I say prime!

Every once in awhile you get a weird GOP politician. Did I say every once in awhile? I meant, usually, well, I meant....

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Somebody call this child's mother.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

This guy should move to Saudi Arabia. He basically described that country.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You must be the anti-matter to xuenchen and Neo threads.

I find the truth is lost in the fog somewhere in between these illusional ideologies.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
Those morons sure do share alot of the same ideology.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
He must have been talking about less ribs.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

This guy should move to Saudi Arabia. He basically described that country.

Car liability insurance is cheaper there.

And it's easier to park too !!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This guy was a product of creation, because clearly he has not evolved since the eighties.

(In the eighties when male chauvos began to be challenged to the core by the addition of female police or visible minorities in their ranks was when that type of phrase was loudly heard all over the place.)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
he must be due to retire soon or he is eleven inch's short of a foot , in other words he has just committed political suicide .

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He must have been talking about less ribs.

Women have more ribs than men. Remember God took a rib from Adam to make Eve?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The satire went right over your head.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Politicians are good at double speak, making money, progressing their agendas...that doesn't mean that they are good at anything that we need.
Unfortunately we vote for marketing types of individuals and if someone genuine comes along nobody votes for them.
Democracy only works for common people with no real aspirations.
We are not being led by inspired people, we are being led by snakes.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Wat troubles me is that there are enough people who support this guy to get him elected to the State Senate! It's no wonder our country is in trouble...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I would contend that women are by and large a cut above men. But maybe that's just me being a hetero male

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i guess that he's never watched the movie lady's man.

Leon Phelps: Listen, I was wandering. Can I ask you a question? Uh... was your father a meat burgler? Here's why I ask: because it looks like somebody stole two fine hams and shoved them down the back of your dress.

i know horrible.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm beginning to understand why they believe man lived along side the dinosaurs, it's because we're still living with them today.

The libertarian wing of the GOP is just plain nuts!

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, extending his "meat" metaphor, can we guess then that he prefers (what in his world would qualify as) the "prime cuts of meat" i.e. males?

That's got to be the oddest (and most insulting) way of coming out, ever.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Just more political ammunition for the Democrats.

How the hell is that ?\

Forget Mahers, and Schultz comments towards women ?

Looks like it.

In the words of the President someone needs to get off their high horse.

The left is no better than the right.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
And just think, somebody had 2 brain cells misfire & voted for this idiot. Then again, how one looks up to who they vote for says a lot about the voter in the first place. Many people vote purely based on politicians' personal beliefs instead of how they would apply laws and such.

Makes you wonder about fellow voters a bit, eh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join