It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Florida Attorney Dies From Cell Phone Induced Cancer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

I guess I don't see it as "panic" when the inconclusive question is raised. Maybe some are panicking. I don't intend on changing my cell phone habits, but they are infrequent anyway. I would not, however, be comfortable telling someone that daily hours of ear-pressed cell phone use is a non-issue.

At this point, I see it as being inconclusive. I expect if there is any detriment it either isn't much or it's got hell's own delay in showing up, or you'd see it clearly in at least some studies in a way that wasn't so ambiguous. I am anti-panic by nature, and a persistent lack of clarity on the issue tends to make me believe there isn't one.

I am also curious to see what long-term effect there may be from baby/toddler aged kids growing up holding the devices in their lap from both an RF perspective as well as from long-term focal-point stability on vision development or degeneration.

In terms of near-point stress, I'm quite sure that's going on, and we are raising a generation of nearsighted astigmatic kids.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aquariusdude
Glad that you admitted that 1.6 WKG is allot of power..
cellphones.procon.org...

I see you continue to avoid the easy questions here. Very telling.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Glad that you admitted that 1.6 WKG is allot of power..
cellphones.procon.org...

I see you continue to avoid the easy questions here. Very telling.

You claimed earlier that a microwave needs a tuned cavity to heat...I have shown otherwise.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You claimed earlier that a microwave needs a tuned cavity to heat...I have shown otherwise.

Really want to go back and revisit that? I can post the relevant bits and pieces here, if you need.

In fact, I already posted one a few posts back. We can go over it as often as needed.

Now, heating - want to address that? Or run from it some more?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
In fact, here. Let's go ahead and poke this back in your eye the third time:

"Neither does your cell phone. Your microwave oven does because the food's inside a tuned cavity - basically, it's in a resonant waveguide.

The phone sees your head as an impedance step change, and the bone as another, and the spinal fluid around your brain as another. At each step, you reflect most of the signal and some of the rest flows around the boundary. The rest goes into heat. "

Your microwave OVEN does because the food's inside a tuned cavity...

At each step, you reflect most of the signal and some of the rest flows around the boundary. The rest goes into heat

Not only is it considered apocryphal, he would have had to be standing with his leg against the feed horn. (and why???)

(because...) He'd have to have been. Square of the distance is a harsh task master.

There you go. Again. Every comment is correct.

Now. Heat. A degree or two, for a few minutes. Explain your new discovery of how this causes cancer, because you seem really fixated on it.

edit on 15-2-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Neither does your cell phone. Your microwave oven does because the food's inside a tuned cavity - basically, it's in a resonant waveguide.

Microwave radiation does cause the tissues to heat..I have already demonstrated that..Also the engineer that discovered his chocolate bar melting from the radar...That was not in a tuned cavity...You may say that it's just a story but the article you presented does not dispute the story...

Here is thermal imaging of young children..As you can see the younger child has more penetration then the older one..This is most likely due to the skull density of the children..

lists10.com...

Cell phones due in fact cause the brain and surrounding tissue to heat..Proving that you do not need a tuned cavity for microwave radiation to heat...

Now is this form of heat safe compared to traditional heating? I don't think so..There was a study where water heated with microwaves is used to water plants..The plant with microwaved water ended up dying...So no I don't think microwave heating is the same as conventional heating which is why I threw out my microwave oven long ago..Also Russia banned microwaves for a period of time after numerous studies were conducted on the safety of microwaves..

Dr George J Georgiou, Ph.D..

THE HIDDEN HAZARDS OF MICROWAVE COOKING

RUSSIANS BAN MICROWAVE OVENS
After the World War II, the Russians also experimented with microwave ovens. From 1957 up to recently, their research has been carried out mainly at the Institute of Radio Technology at Klinsk, Byelorussia. According to US researcher William Kopp, who gathered much of the results of Russian and German research - and was apparently prosecuted for doing so (J. Nat. Sci, 1998; 1:42-3) - the following effects were observed by Russian forensic teams:

Heating prepared meats in a microwave sufficiently for human consumption created:
d- Nitrosodiethanolamine (a well-known cancer-causing agent)
Destabilization of active protein biomolecular compounds
Creation of a binding effect to radioactivity in the atmosphere
Creation of cancer-causing agents within protein- hydrosylate compounds in milk and cereal grains;
Microwave emissions also caused alteration in the catabolic (breakdown) behavior of glucoside - and galactoside - elements within frozen fruits when thawed in this way;
Microwaves altered catabolic behavior of plant-alkaloids when raw, cooked or frozen vegetables were exposed for even very short periods;
Cancer-causing free radicals were formed within certain trace-mineral molecular formations in plant substances, especially in raw root vegetables;
Ingestion of micro-waved foods caused a higher percentage of cancerous cells in blood;
Due to chemical alterations within food substances, malfunctions occurred in the lymphatic system, causing degeneration of the immune system=s capacity to protect itself against cancerous growth;
The unstable catabolism of micro-waved foods altered their elemental food substances, leading to disorders in the digestive system;
Those ingesting micro-waved foods showed a statistically higher incidence of stomach and intestinal cancers, plus a general degeneration of peripheral cellular tissues with a gradual breakdown of digestive and excretory system function;
Microwave exposure caused significant decreases in the nutritional value of all foods studied, particularly:
A decrease in the bioavailability of B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, essential minerals and lipotrophics
Destruction of the nutritional value of nucleoproteins in meats
Lowering of the metabolic activity of alkaloids, glucosides, galactosides and nitrilosides (all basic plant substances in fruits and vegetables)
Marked acceleration of structural disintegration in all foods.
As a result microwave ovens were banned in Russia in 1976; the ban was lifted after Perestroika.

Recent research shows that microwave oven-cooked food suffers severe molecular damage. When eaten, it causes abnormal changes in human blood and immune systems. Not surprisingly, the public has been denied details on these significant health dangers.

I have often been asked by my patients whether cooking with microwave ovens is healthy or not. I did not really have an objective, scientific answer to give, as I had not really researched the matter. Well, recently I decided to do some useful research into the question of microwave cooking. I had a hunch that it was NOT healthy, and this was confirmed by my research! I will share with you in summary some of the interesting facts that I dug up from my research.

MICROWAVED BLOOD KILLS!
In 1991, word leaked out about a lawsuit in Oklahoma. A woman named Norma Levitt had hip surgery, only to be killed by a simple blood transfusion when a nurse "warmed the blood for the transfusion in a microwave oven"! (J. Nat. Sci, 1998; 1:2-7). Logic suggests that if heating or cooking is all there is to it, then it doesn't matter what mode of heating technology one uses. However, it is quite apparent that there is more to 'heating' with microwaves than we've been led to believe.

www.aaimedicine.com...

Heating caused by microwaves is not the same as conventional heating..No matter what you say..

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Link to court case in regards to women killed by warming blood via microwave oven....

Wilkinson's amended petition added as defendants the following anesthesiologists: Drs. Morton, Jones, Breipohl, Anthony, Spohr, Singletary, Voss, Wiesemeyer, and Brothers (Anesthesiologists), and Tulsa Anesthesiologists, Inc. The Anesthesiologists were the individual shareholders of Tulsa Anesthesiologists, Inc. Of these individuals, only two had any significant connection with the Levitt operation: Dr. Morton, who actually administered or supervised the giving of anesthesia to Mrs. Levitt, and Dr. Jones, who attempted resuscitation of Mrs. Levitt following the blood transfusion.7 of the remaining individual doctors, none ever had any direct connection with Levitt's medical care.8 Wilkinson alleged that because of substandard training by the individual anesthesiologists, it was common for the nurses and staff to warm IV solutions in a microwave oven, rather than use the slower, but safer, blood warmers that were available. It was only a matter of time, Wilkinson alleged, that these same people would warm blood in a microwave, as well as IV solutions. Wilkinson presented evidence that the practice of microwaving IV solutions was the topic of a study at Hillcrest. In fact, Abbot Laboratories, the manufacturer of the IV solutions, mailed Hillcrest a letter containing a statement that microwaving the solutions was not recommended. Wilkinson's evidence showed that any of the Anesthesiologists had the authority to question and stop the practice of microwaving IV solutions at Hillcrest. Wilkinson contends they had an affirmative duty to do so. The fact none of the Anesthesiologists questioned or stopped this practice from occurring, despite their superior knowledge that the practice was questionable, became the basis for Wilkinson's allegations against all the Anesthesiologists, despite their lack of a direct doctor/patient relationship to Mrs. Levitt. Wilkinson alleged that the Anesthesiologists violated a duty to Mrs. Levitt by allowing a dangerous condition to exist which they were in a position to correct but failed to do so.

wyomcases.courts.state.wy.us...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aquariusdude

If you read it it says the defendant's verdict was returned, ruling that she died from a blood clot, not microwave blood.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Thanks for pointing that out. Just because the womens family lost the legal case does not mean the microwaved blood did not cause her death..

the manufacturer of the IV solutions, mailed Hillcrest a letter containing a statement that microwaving the solutions was not recommended.

Indicators of Erythrocyte Damage after Microwave Warming of Packed Red Blood Cells

www.clinchem.org...

Warming blood or solutions via microwave is not a safe practice...

edit on pmq000000pmSun, 15 Feb 2015 15:25:12 -0600250000001215000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Microwave radiation does cause the tissues to heat..I have already demonstrated that..Also the engineer that discovered his chocolate bar melting from the radar...That was not in a tuned cavity...You may say that it's just a story but the article you presented does not dispute the story...

Aaaand, the fourth time:

"Neither does your cell phone. Your microwave oven does because the food's inside a tuned cavity - basically, it's in a resonant waveguide.

The phone sees your head as an impedance step change, and the bone as another, and the spinal fluid around your brain as another. At each step, you reflect most of the signal and some of the rest flows around the boundary. The rest goes into heat. "

Your microwave OVEN does because the food's inside a tuned cavity...

At each step, you reflect most of the signal and some of the rest flows around the boundary. The rest goes into heat

Not only is it considered apocryphal, he would have had to be standing with his leg against the feed horn. (and why???)

(because...) He'd have to have been. Square of the distance is a harsh task master.

(and as proof...)the article: "During the war it was common in winter for Raytheon engineers to walk past banks of magnetrons operating in the open air and warm their hands on the heat they emitted"

There you go. Again. Every comment is correct.

You know, it's all there for anyone to read. And every time you try the dodge, I'll just repost every statement I made. Again. Want to go for five?

Here is thermal imaging of young children..As you can see the younger child has more penetration then the older one..This is most likely due to the skull density of the children..

I'm not sure WHAT that's showing. Got a link to the publication it came from?

Cell phones due in fact cause the brain and surrounding tissue to heat..Proving that you do not need a tuned cavity for microwave radiation to heat...

Want the list again? It's pretty evident you've gotten down to just basically lying on this point. I'd be really happy for you to address it other than to just keep restating the lie.

Now is this form of heat safe compared to traditional heating? I don't think so..There was a study where water heated with microwaves is used to water plants..The plant with microwaved water ended up dying...

The "school girl experiment"? Oh, please. Now you're just flailing around. If you like, we can go through what was done and I'll explain why it's absolute idiocy. Horrible experimental setup, meaningless result. But here you go:

link

So no I don't think microwave heating is the same as conventional heating which is why I threw out my microwave oven long ago..Also Russia banned microwaves for a period of time after numerous studies were conducted on the safety of microwaves..

Hey, I've written a lot on this point, too, so rather than repeat it here, here ya go...linky

Dr George J Georgiou, Ph.D..

He's a homeopathist.

MICROWAVED BLOOD KILLS!
Heating caused by microwaves is not the same as conventional heating..No matter what you say..

Had you bothered to read (and understand) what happened, the nurse thawed the blood in a food oven. That's not a good idea - they have hot spots. Now, there ARE proper microwave blood warmers that are safe to use. But they do it slowly and have a mechanism to make sure the blood isn't overwarmed. It doesn't take but a few degrees of overheating to lyse a red blood cell, you get over about 105F and they start breaking down. Since even a proper microwave blood warmer can do this if you try to warm it too quickly or too close to body temperature, it's generally considered safer to use warm water, but microwave blood warmers do exist and are considered safe. What you DON'T want to do is chuck a unit of frozen PRBCs in the Litton in the nurses lounge and give it "defrost".

At any rate, the jury found the blood hemolysis caused by the microwave didn't kill Leavitt, it was a clot that developed later.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Blood cells can be damaged through over heating. This has nothing to do with microwaves. You run the risk using any heating method.
edit on 15-2-2015 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

the manufacturer of the IV solutions, mailed Hillcrest a letter containing a statement that microwaving the solutions was not recommended.

It can leave hot spots in the solutions that can cause injury. You have to be really careful about shaking them up and retesting the solution temperature.

CONCLUSION:

The microwave oven is a safe and practical method for warming crystalloid fluids.

linky

Indicators of Erythrocyte Damage after Microwave Warming of Packed Red Blood Cells

www.clinchem.org...

Warming blood or solutions via microwave is not a safe practice...

The results of the present study indicate that microwaves per se are not harmful to erythrocytes but that poor penetrance of microwaves, together with insufficient blood mixing during warming, are the critical factors leading to hemolysis.

They make commercial microwave blood warmers. Which are safe. linky

You actually have to read the articles with understanding, not just google for keywords. From your own cite:

When we used the presented methods to test PRBCs warmed with the microwave device, neither method detected signs of overheating. On the basis of these results, the microwave system can be safely used in the present configuration.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Background: Localized overheating of packed red blood cells (PRBCs) after microwave warming with consequent damage to erythrocytes has been reported. We therefore compared possible cellular markers of erythrocyte damage, as measured by flow cytometry, with laboratory indicators of hemolysis to evaluate the effects of microwave warming on PRBCs.

There has been reports that red blood cells recorded from localized overheating done by microwaving..A microwave does not heat in the same way normal heat does... They are not the same..
edit on pmqupmSun, 15 Feb 2015 15:50:13 -060050u1315u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

There has been damage to red blood cells recorded from localized overheating done by microwaving..A microwave does not heat in the same way a conventional oven does...

NB that they don't say the damage is caused by special heat, or different heat, but by heat. Only it's localized overheating, because a resonant cavity tends to have nodes of higher and lower power density. That's why they have stirrers. Even with, you still can overheat in small volumes if you don't stir enough for the power input, and it doesn't take very much to lyse a RBC.

Not because microwaves have some sort of evil, different heat.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah but my point is that microwaves do not heat the same as regular heat..You are trying to say that heat using conventional methods is the same as microwaving.. They are not....

The microwave oven, often erroneously referred to as a microwave, is a controversial device. Some are concerned about the leakage of microwave radiation. Others wonder if “microwaving” develops harmful substances in food. Still others use it all the time and love it and are as happy as clams at high tide.

Microwave-radiation leakage would be expected to be insignificant, considering the pains manufacturers of these ovens take to insulate their products. However, the danger of electromagnetic radiation from any device using alternating current at high energy levels is suspected by some scientists to be harmful. Therefore, to play it safe, I stay at least a few feet away from my microwave oven and any other high-wattage electrical equipment while they are operating.

The way microwave radiation heats food is by jiggling its molecules, thereby increasing their thermal energy. Heating over a flame does essentially the same thing. However, microwaves penetrate into the interior of the food, whereas in conventional cooking, heat is transferred to the interior only by thermal conduction through the food. This feature of microwave cooking is advantageous in one respect and worrisome in another.

www.chuckrowtaichi.com...
edit on pmqupmSun, 15 Feb 2015 16:12:11 -060012u1115u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Image is a courtesy of Dr Om Gandhi, University of Utah, 1996. IEEE Publication

The thermal image I showed is from the University Of Utah..I will call them Tuesday and obtain more information.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You've moved from erroneously citing academic papers to posting blog entries from a Tai Chi website.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

You've moved from erroneously citing academic papers to posting blog entries from a Tai Chi website.

Is the article wrong? " However, microwaves penetrate into the interior of the food, whereas in conventional cooking, heat is transferred to the interior only by thermal conduction through the food"

Microwaves PENETRATE into the interior.. Not at all that different from the thermal images of cell phone radiation I posted earlier..I am going to call the University of Utah on Tuesday and get the study linked to the thermal image...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
"Microwave radiation also penetrates deeper than direct heat, so that the food is heated by its own internal water content"

en.wikipedia.org...

"The main difference between these two methods of cooking is that microwave energy penetrates deeper into the food and reduces the time for heat to be conducted throughout the food, thus reducing the overall cooking time. "

www.who.int...

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Image is a courtesy of Dr Om Gandhi, University of Utah, 1996. IEEE Publication

The thermal image I showed is from the University Of Utah..I will call them Tuesday and obtain more information.

I'm just curious. It might be a thermal image, but there's no scale. It might be a FEM analysis of estimated power density. I can't tell what it's showing me. You're assuming it's a thermal image,but that doesn't really make sense - how would they image the temperature inside the kid's brain? Thermal imagers (like the one you posted upthread) show surface temps, and can't tell you squat about the insides.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join