It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Way To Reduce The Risk of Heart Attack & Stroke Risk By 75%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Heart disease is the biggest killer in the world it hit home on me recently as I went to the docter and was told that I had high cholestral. Now I came across this video that suggests that there is strong statistical evidence that one simple procedure can reduce that risk by a massive 75%
That procedure is giving blood. The giving of blood once or twice a year has been noted to reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes. It explains why females under menopausal age are very unlikely to have heart attacks (unless they smoke)
The removal of blood is thought to help thin the blood and thus reducing the risk of heart attack. It is also benefical because it helps put blood in blood banks and in some countrties you even get paid to give blood..

“If the word ever got out about this, what would happen to the sales of anti-cholesterol medications? Because anti-cholesterol medications cannot drop heart attack and stroke risk by 75-80%

complete-health-and-happiness.com...

I consider this to be important news it could help eliminate one of the biggest killers in the world.

purp :-)
edit on 14-2-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You might enjoy this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... .

This is very interesting. I can see why they wouldn't share this info with the public. A simple fix for a difficult problem.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm getting some serious red flags from this "click here for the one weird trick, doctors HATE him for it!"-style video. The Encyclopedia of American Loons has an interesting writeup on this guy:

americanloons.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
High cholesterol is a bummer, What kind of foods do you eat? You can lower your cholesterol to stable levels with a good diet.

Donating blood is a great idea though, and if it helps high cholesterol all the power.

Also free cookies.
edit on 14/2/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Your body uses blood very quickly, and replenishes it just as quick (of course). This is hardcore quackary. Wanna thin your blood? Drink more water.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
While donating blood is nice and all that.....i would recommend simply changing your diet. IF you have high cholesterol, start eating a high fat, high protein, high fiber, low carb diet.

Your blood pressure will drop to normal limits within 2 weeks. You will urinate off 10-20 lbs (if obese), things like night sweats vanish, and your blood cholesterol drops/levels.

After 2-3 months of reducing carb intake it is typical that blood pressure medicines have to be stopped. Not to mention the benefits for diabetics, as reducing carbohydrates can significantly reduce insulin response.

It really is just as simple as eating more bacon and less toast. Which, to me, is a breeze. Who doesn't want more bacon?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
While donating blood is nice and all that.....i would recommend simply changing your diet. IF you have high cholesterol, start eating a high fat, high protein, high fiber, low carb diet.

Your blood pressure will drop to normal limits within 2 weeks. You will urinate off 10-20 lbs (if obese), things like night sweats vanish, and your blood cholesterol drops/levels.

After 2-3 months of reducing carb intake it is typical that blood pressure medicines have to be stopped. Not to mention the benefits for diabetics, as reducing carbohydrates can significantly reduce insulin response.

It really is just as simple as eating more bacon and less toast. Which, to me, is a breeze. Who doesn't want more bacon?

This. I'm a member of bacoholics anonymous. I can eat eggs, bacon -and- sausage rounds for breakfast?

Im strangely okay with this. Low carb all the way

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well, maybe for some people this might lower their risk, but you have to remember, some people have reductions in their ability to make blood cells. This equates to going sleep for thirty six hours after giving blood in my case. I'm either Anemic or have low blood volume, there is no in between for me. I'm sure I am not the only one with this condition, I think twenty five percent of Europeans have this in varying degrees.

If your blood volume is low, then your blood pressure is higher. I haven't found a way to bring my blood volume up yet, I have been hypovolemic all my life.....except when I am Anemic. Being Anemic sucks, I would rather have a lower volume.

The number one reason for heart related deaths are low blood pressure or improperly low heart rate. Think of that. AFIB is caused usually from either of those two conditions. People die in their sleep lots of times, initiated by two low of a heart rate and then the heart goes crazy. Nitrogen compounds raise the heart rate too high as a result of the heart muscle releasing them as it starts to die. This is not related to artheriosis, I'm studying what actually is causing that.
edit on 14-2-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

20 minuites exercise / day - there is a book " the first 20 minuites "

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have a what I thought was a very good diet already. I eat between 10-15 fruit and veg a day. Also eat a lot of seeds and fermented food. I dont eat meat and eat a little fish.

I have been told that only between 10-20% of your total cholestral levels are made up by diet the rest is down to your bodies production.

purp..

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

The body produces cholesterol primarily by converting sugars.

Fois Gras? That is made by force feeding ducks/geese carbohydrates, and allowing their bodies to convert it to fats in the liver. Its why beer drinkers tend to have fatty liver. Fatty liver/high cholesterol is prevalent in latin culture, due to high corn/lots of tortillas/rice

You heard right....but only partially right. The cholesterol in your blood isn't from eating high fat foods. Your body makes it. And it uses carboydrates to do it. Cut out carbs, you eliminate a large portion of cholesterol.

An excellent treatment for Congestive Heart Failure is low carb eating. it:

-reduces cholesterol
-lowers blood pressure
-reduces excess water in the body (sugars require an enormous amount of water to process....moreso than salt in my own observation)

The 3 main problems you have in CHF....all treated with low carb eating. Same with cancer. When looking for active cancer, a PET scan is typically used. The brain/bladder always show up, but that is due to the amount of sugars present in those two areas, and the way the PET scan works. The other things that show up are cancer cells, due to the amount of sugar that is present in them. Sugar is cancer food (to oversimplify).

My mom had what they called "incurable" lymphoma about 8 years ago. 4 years ago they proclaimed her "cured". We kept her on a low carb diet throughout her treatment, and for quite awhile afterwards. Not like i eat (20-30 g/day), but we cut out all sugar and kept carb counts below 50g/day.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AzureSky

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

This. I'm a member of bacoholics anonymous. I can eat eggs, bacon -and- sausage rounds for breakfast?

Im strangely okay with this. Low carb all the way

My typical breakfast is either a 3/4 lb batch of bacon (i like applewood, cured in cider the most when eating it by itself), or ill slice thick chunks of ham and fry in butter to make brown (about 1/2 lb, maybe).

Eggs have 1/2g carbohydrate, so you can eat all of them you can possibly stand. I don't eat a lot of eggs personally. But man....we go through a few lbs of bacon every week in this house.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

top topics

join